• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

2018-2019 NHL Hockey Thread

It is really hard to bet against the Blues. After an abysmal start to the season, all they have done is won, and won, and won. And proven everyone who wrote them off wrong.

A huge reason for their success is Binnington with a hat tip going to the coaching change.

Great game by the Blues!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Great to see the Blues even the series.

It was funny hearing Michael Milbury at the end of the regulation say "What the fudge". Close Mike, close.

Series tied 2-2. Best of 3 now. Don't have a clue who will come out on top.

Blues' resiliency this entire playoffs has been quite impressive. After every loss, some start to count them out and then they bounce right back with a solid win. No team has gained any kind of momentum against them and that's the sign of a team that has the character and determination to go with the talent needed to win it all. Still like my call of Blues in 6 winning it later this week at home.

One more to go for the Blues - would be awesome for them to win it all at home in front of their long suffering fans. But the Blues don't like to make anything easy for themselves so I hope they can do it!

One more to go for the Blues - would be awesome for them to win it all at home in front of their long suffering fans. But the Blues don't like to make anything easy for themselves so I hope they can do it!

Nothing better than seeing these "fans" lose.

What is it about Northeast Hockey Guy?

Boston fans fighting Boston fans?

Let me guess, they were selling liquid courage in the plastic glasses. What the hell is wrong with people?

I used to be very involved with Canadian Junior Hockey and over the years would watch adult males some middle age cussing and challenging players on the ice. Some of those players were young as 15 and you got a bozo 30-50 yrs old from the stands flipping him off. Come on , get a life losers.

As Northwesterly type person, I was fairly disappointed with last night's game. The Blues scoring a goal right after what looked like a "How to Hook" tutorial video on you-tube soured the game. If it hadn't been the deciding goal, it wouldn't have bothered me I suppose.

This has been a super physical series so far, and it is making me more of a fan of the sport overall. (Seattle area may get a team soon, something I may want to check out I think.)

Anyway, I'm mostly upset because without that goal I would have gotten overtime again. Maybe that's a little selfish on my end. I do appreciate keeping the calls loose in playoffs though.

-TTB

As Northwesterly type person, I was fairly disappointed with last night's game. The Blues scoring a goal right after what looked like a "How to Hook" tutorial video on you-tube soured the game. If it hadn't been the deciding goal, it wouldn't have bothered me I suppose.

This has been a super physical series so far, and it is making me more of a fan of the sport overall. (Seattle area may get a team soon, something I may want to check out I think.)

Anyway, I'm mostly upset because without that goal I would have gotten overtime again. Maybe that's a little selfish on my end. I do appreciate keeping the calls loose in playoffs though.

-TTB

Officiating this playoff season in the NHL has been very bad, in my view, and the NHL knows it and is embarrassed by it. That said, the Bruins are usually the beneficiaries of bad refs and the Blues, this playoff season, have had their fair share of bad calls against them and they've basically just said "move along, next game up" and that's another reason why I like them.

Seattle has been awarded a franchise already - just a matter of when the arena can get built and opened. They'll be a welcomed addition to the league and I'm glad they didn't wait for an NBA team to come back to Seattle before getting the NHL team.

In my view, Boston fans are worse than those in New York and Philadelphia - they're basically sore losers and maybe that has to do with them being sore winners a lot lately.

But hockey, unfortunately, brings out a lot of troglodytes in the fan base and at every level. You should see some of the behavior of hockey moms in the junior and peewee ranks.

I've been hardly daring to believe it, but I think this just might be the year. Would never have guessed back in January.

Officiating this playoff season in the NHL has been very bad, in my view, and the NHL knows it and is embarrassed by it. That said, the Bruins are usually the beneficiaries of bad refs and the Blues, this playoff season, have had their fair share of bad calls against them and they've basically just said "move along, next game up" and that's another reason why I like them.

Seattle has been awarded a franchise already - just a matter of when the arena can get built and opened. They'll be a welcomed addition to the league and I'm glad they didn't wait for an NBA team to come back to Seattle before getting the NHL team.

I'm also glad we didn't wait for the NBA arrangement. I'm find this sport far more engaging anyway.

I'm less bothered by officiating affecting a game in a series than I am in the NFL, but I still don't like to see stuff like that so directly associated with the outcome of a game. Don't get me wrong, I believe that if a team truly deserves to win, they should be able to overcome questionable officiating to do so. (I was just sad I missed OT play is all.)

Can't wait to see how the series continues!

In my view, Boston fans are worse than those in New York and Philadelphia - they're basically sore losers and maybe that has to do with them being sore winners a lot lately.

But hockey, unfortunately, brings out a lot of troglodytes in the fan base and at every level. You should see some of the behavior of hockey moms in the junior and peewee ranks.

Well Hockey,, And probably to much booze..

djl

Phil Pritchard has been the Keeper of the Cup for 31 years.
At some point he will retire I assume.

Crazy as it is, it just won't feel right seeing somebody else someday carry that Cup onto the ice.

He is tradition to me.

GettyImages-980207184[1].jpg

**** me. Bruins up 2-0 in the third. :(

I see this series going 7 games. You won't want to miss this one.

Pulling for the Blues.

Don't want to say I told ya so. But I was really thinking the Blues would end it tonight.

Down to one game now. It is going to be tough game. I project the winner will win by one point.

In my view, Boston fans are worse than those in New York and Philadelphia

Gritty.jpg

So much for the Blues in 6 - not much in the way of momentum in this series, so a Blues win in game seven isn't out of the question, although I'm always a big proponent of winning at home. Blues all playoffs have been a better team on the road than at home, so they've got the Bruins where they want them!!

It's been nearly 20 weeks since Boston has had a championship. More than that we get cranky. A Red Sox, Patriots, Bruins hat trick , a triple crown ...........Has it happened before?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I'll be stunned if the Bruins don't win. Everything is in their favor, including the hotter goalie.

Plus, the well known tendency for the Blues to fail spectacularly in the playoffs at precisely the right time.

We in Chicago are looking forward to seeing it- this new era without Hitchcock or Yao might be even more well known for brinksmanship disaster.

Back
Top Bottom