• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

2 year old shoots self with fathers gun....... (1 Viewer)

The only one who said any thing about a ban on weapons is YOU, I said do you see the word Ban there? As I stated you took the opportunity presented by this unfortunate preventable incident to advance your agenda against any kind of gun law even one that might have kept this child safe

No...I advocated for arresting the parents for negligence and promoting firearm safety and not letting the antigun douchebags in DC and elsewhere use it to advance their mindless antigun agenda as they do so often.

Police: Boy, 2, accidentally shoots self after finding gun in mother's purse

Police: Boy, 2, accidentally shoots self after finding gun in... | www.wpxi.com
Notice that no charges are being filed against the parents. When parents get charged with child abuse for disciplining their children, but don't get charged with this, you know gun culture has permiated the US. Permiated to the point where we are becoming blind to the dangers of guns. Obviously this family thought it would be safe to keep a gun, loaded, in a place a 2 year old could get to it. Then, when their child is shot and nearly killed, the authorities don't feel the parents should be charged with anything. This is child endagerment at best. That is the whole point of child protection laws, to take them out of unsafe environments like the one this child is being raised in.

So, you get a single story and act like it's the norm? It isn't.

Here in Washington state there were three such cases last year, and in all three charges were made against the parents.

I know this is a fundamental difference between left and right, but here at the right we value individual responsibility and freedom over dictated 'safety' from the government.

Do 2 year olds go to the store and buy bleach... or a gun?

In 2008 there were more deaths by poisoning than by motor vehicle accidents. Over 41000 people died, 16000+ children under the age of 6 were victims of poisoning. Since you "care" so much and since there are obvious many times over more victims of poisoning than accidental gunfire, how many threads have you started calling attention to this horrible tragedy? Oh...wait...I forgot. You already admitted your goal was not to promote safety of children but to attack gun owners.

No...I advocated for arresting the parents for negligence and promoting firearm safety and not letting the antigun douchebags in DC and elsewhere use it to advance their mindless antigun agenda as they do so often.
To reduce or prevent this type of incident from occurring there has to be away to check as to whether a person has completed a safety course before they purchase a weapon, its a little late when someone has been injured or killed by a careless untrained gun owner. I see 3 ways 1- all gun sales must be through a licensed only gun dealer, 2-all guns must be registered or re-registered to an owner, 3-all new gun owners must have pass a UBC. The UBC will ensure that the new owner has passed a written safety test and is proficient with the use and maintenance of the type weapon they are purchasing

Coming back after a few weeks away, and I see the top thread is STILL a Capster78 rant exploiting a tragedy for his agenda.

He has started several. He wants millions of us to lose our rights due to the idiocy of a few

To reduce or prevent this type of incident from occurring there has to be away to check as to whether a person has completed a safety course before they purchase a weapon, its a little late when someone has been injured or killed by a careless untrained gun owner. I see 3 ways 1- all gun sales must be through a licensed only gun dealer, 2-all guns must be registered or re-registered to an owner, 3-all new gun owners must have pass a UBC. The UBC will ensure that the new owner has passed a written safety test and is proficient with the use and maintenance of the type weapon they are purchasing

There ya go! New laws!!! Pass new laws!!! Who cares if it would make a difference. Bloody child equals chance to make a new law! Yeah boi!!!! You should write your congressman.

Heroin is illegal. Therein lies the difference.

If this kid had found a butcher knife on the counter and cut his femoral arterie, would you be calling for someone to go to jail?

There are 800,000 child poisonings in the United States, every year. Why aren't you up-n-arms about that, since it's obviously the bigger threat? The anti-gunners have their prirorities all screwed up.

/endofthread

Child shoots intruder during home break-in - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana News, Weather, Sports

10 year old shoots intruder with mother's gun.

Deputies say Dean Favron and Roderick Porter knocked several times on the apartment door. The two young children, a ten-year-old boy and eight-year-old girl, stood on the other side, terrified. "He told his sister to be quiet and seconds later, they started kicking on the door and finally kicked the door in," said Sheriff Mike Cazes. The two children ran to their mother's bedroom closet.

In a panic, the ten-year-old grabbed his mother's gun for protection. "He did what I told him to do. I never told him to get the gun, but thank God he did," she said. Once the two suspects opened the door, threatening the kids, deputies say the boy fired a bullet into the lip of Roderick Porter. The two men were taken to the hospital by a third suspect, who is a 15-year-old juvenile.
Once they got to the hospital, they were later arrested. "It's just hard. I don't understand why they would do that. I know they have little brothers and sisters and they wouldn't want anyone to break into their house," said the mother.

Mother's gun probably saved those 2 children's lives because if not killed they would have been living witnesses.

SHOULD PARENTS WHO DO NOT PREPARE AND THEN DO NOT PROTECT THEIR CHILDREN WHO ARE THEN ASSAULTED OR MURDERED BE FOUND GUILTY OF CHILD ABUSE?

Isn't it child abuse to NOT protect your children against known possible dangers?

So... just this comparison, it is 1 two year old shot, but lived VERSE 2 criminals shot and 2 children not murdereded - because of Mom's gun a child could get to.

I think Mom's gun wins that comparison.

Last edited:
Child shoots intruder during home break-in - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana News, Weather, Sports

10 year old shoots intruder with mother's gun.

Deputies say Dean Favron and Roderick Porter knocked several times on the apartment door. The two young children, a ten-year-old boy and eight-year-old girl, stood on the other side, terrified. "He told his sister to be quiet and seconds later, they started kicking on the door and finally kicked the door in," said Sheriff Mike Cazes. The two children ran to their mother's bedroom closet.

In a panic, the ten-year-old grabbed his mother's gun for protection. "He did what I told him to do. I never told him to get the gun, but thank God he did," she said. Once the two suspects opened the door, threatening the kids, deputies say the boy fired a bullet into the lip of Roderick Porter. The two men were taken to the hospital by a third suspect, who is a 15-year-old juvenile.
Once they got to the hospital, they were later arrested. "It's just hard. I don't understand why they would do that. I know they have little brothers and sisters and they wouldn't want anyone to break into their house," said the mother.

Mother's gun probably saved those 2 children's lives because if not killed they would have been living witnesses.

SHOULD PARENTS WHO DO NOT PREPARE AND THEN DO NOT PROTECT THEIR CHILDREN WHO ARE THEN ASSAULTED OR MURDERED BE FOUND GUILTY OF CHILD ABUSE?

Isn't it child abuse to NOT protect your children against known possible dangers?

I wonder if VanceMck will complain about your proposing new laws?

In 2008 there were more deaths by poisoning than by motor vehicle accidents. Over 41000 people died, 16000+ children under the age of 6 were victims of poisoning. Since you "care" so much and since there are obvious many times over more victims of poisoning than accidental gunfire, how many threads have you started calling attention to this horrible tragedy? Oh...wait...I forgot. You already admitted your goal was not to promote safety of children but to attack gun owners.

It is not about children. They are a-ok with children dying. It is about gun owners.

Is there is anything more tragic then a liberal using a tragedy to push forward their ideology on the country?

I was responding to this little turd bestowed upon this thread as the 2nd post in it by one of your ilk.

How very liberal compassionate of you to put your agenda ahead of the welfare of the child.

Alas, it was a conservative who injected politcs into the tragedy thread. I'm not at all suprised you would pop off before reading the actual thread. Try to keep up won't you?

So, you get a single story and act like it's the norm? It isn't.

It is becoming the norm. This case will set a precident for other cases where there will potentially not be charges filed. My point was, that guns have become such a normal part of our life that we look at this as an accident and not negligence.

Here in Washington state there were three such cases last year, and in all three charges were made against the parents.

As they should, but it looks as if we might be moving away from that based on this case.

I know this is a fundamental difference between left and right, but here at the right we value individual responsibility and freedom over dictated 'safety' from the government.

This right vs left crap has to stop. If you take your opinion on an issue based on a loyalty to a party versus actually thinking about the issue and determining on your own weather it is right or wrong then your ignorant. Right vs Left, Democrat vs Republican.... it makes me sick to my stomache to see people take positions on issues just in spite of the opposition and not because they have thought about the issue, wade the evidence on their own, and decided where they stand.

There ya go! New laws!!! Pass new laws!!! Who cares if it would make a difference. Bloody child equals chance to make a new law! Yeah boi!!!! You should write your congressman.

There you go off on another rant, every time someone says LAW you go off like a time bomb, I hope I don't live any where near where you do. How can gun safety or proficiency be validated before a weapon is purchased if there is no way to check, this is what gets me about some of the gun rights people. Do you want a person who has never been tested running around with a pistol ready to pull it and use it if the occasion presents itself, I don't want my life ended or for that matter anyone's life ended by a well meaning but untrained and untested gun owner. Do you see me suggesting that we impose bans?

There you go off on another rant, every time someone says LAW you go off like a time bomb, I hope I don't live any where near where you do. How can gun safety or proficiency be validated before a weapon is purchased if there is no way to check, this is what gets me about some of the gun rights people. Do you want a person who has never been tested running around with a pistol ready to pull it and use it if the occasion presents itself, I don't want my life ended or for that matter anyone's life ended by a well meaning but untrained and untested gun owner. Do you see me suggesting that we impose bans?

No, not every time

When a pro-gunnie proposed a law, VM suddenly had no problem with new laws.

:lamo you consider that a rant? Nah...Im just pointing out the facts. You...politicians in New York, DC...elsewhere...just cant WAIT to pass a law...ANY law. Never let a bloody child go to waste.

No, not every time

When a pro-gunnie proposed a law, VM suddenly had no problem with new laws.
Which new law was that, Woody?

:lamo you consider that a rant? Nah...Im just pointing out the facts. You...politicians in New York, DC...elsewhere...just cant WAIT to pass a law...ANY law. Never let a bloody child go to waste.

In quotes is what I stated
I don't want my life ended or for that matter anyone's life ended by a well meaning but untrained and untested gun owner.
In quotes is your reply
You...politicians in New York, DC...elsewhere...just cant WAIT to pass a law...ANY law. Never let a bloody child go to waste.
Now was it YOU or was it ME that used the death of an innocent child to drive home their opinion. What facts are you presenting all I read are your opinion on gun laws. BTW I have already e-mailed my elected rep's with my opinion on what should be done to reduce gun violence.

In quotes is what I stated In quotes is your reply Now was it YOU or was it ME that used the death of an innocent child to drive home their opinion. What facts are you presenting all I read are your opinion on gun laws. BTW I have already e-mailed my elected rep's with my opinion on what should be done to reduce gun violence.

It was me that advocated for responsibility for the 'parent' in question using existing laws and promoted firearm safety and advocated AGAINST douchebags in DC using the tragedy as a vehicle to pass more laws for the sake of passing laws. That's it...that's all. If you are one of those that believes this incident is yet another excuse to pass a law...well...I think we both understand each other then.

It is becoming the norm. This case will set a precident for other cases where there will potentially not be charges filed. My point was, that guns have become such a normal part of our life that we look at this as an accident and not negligence.

As they should, but it looks as if we might be moving away from that based on this case.

This right vs left crap has to stop. If you take your opinion on an issue based on a loyalty to a party versus actually thinking about the issue and determining on your own weather it is right or wrong then your ignorant. Right vs Left, Democrat vs Republican.... it makes me sick to my stomache to see people take positions on issues just in spite of the opposition and not because they have thought about the issue, wade the evidence on their own, and decided where they stand.

I tell you what has to stop. PEOPLE WHO PRETEND about public safety or "saving the children" scheming to deprive US citizens of their rights because these gun haters want to punish law abiding gun owners.

Wait, 1 out of 4 is becoming the norm? I'd bet my last dollar that this wasn't the first case where no charges were filed, and it won't be the last. To suggest it is the start of a new trend is making a mountain out of a molehill.

I'm just saying that I know you disagree, and that I don't particularly care to hijack this thread and turn it into something it wasn't intended to be. At least I understand how things work without flying off the handle and launching into a rant. Also, I'd appreciate it if you didn't put words into my mouth, as I never said I took my point on the issue because of the party... I am not loyal to any party at all.

If you wan't the right/left 'crap' to stop, then stop making it into such a huge issue.

The US obviously needs better mental health care to stop two year olds going crazy and shooting people. Then there's the crazy mother problem carrying crazy fathers' guns around. It can't be the gun in the kid's hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom