• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

14 Year Old Facing Murder Charges after Confessing to Killing 5 Relatives

Hatuey

Rule of Two
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
14-year-old facing five murder charges after confessing to killing his family in their Alabama home, police say - CNN

A 14-year-old has been charged with five counts of murder after confessing to shooting his family members in their Elkmont, Alabama, home, police said Tuesday.

The victims are: John Sisk, 38, the boy's father; his stepmother, Mary Sisk, 35; his 6-year-old stepbrother; his 5-year-old stepsister; and his 6-month-old stepbrother, Limestone County Sheriff's Office spokesman Stephen Young told reporters. Earlier, authorities said the child victims were siblings.

With some folks on the internet bragging about leaving guns and ammo laying around their house, you'd think responsible gun owners would step up and try to increase gun safety drives.One would hope they'd get united as a community and criticize those who proudly tell strangers about dangerous equipment they have laying around the house within the reach of kids. Instead anyone who even suggests restricting access to guns to minors faces an uphill battle as rights organizations hold manufacturer funded events to promote the purchase of guns instead of respect for them.

In recent days I've come to agree that the main threat to America is not guns. It isn't minorities. It isn't white supremacy. The main threat to Americans will not be fixed with projects taking place thousands of miles away. The main threat is the centuries long refusal to stop spending money on fights around the world, and enriching the pockets of war profiteers waiting to stock our troops with the best equipment. It is ignoring possibility that spending 30-40% of our yearly income on weapons and all related asterisks (wars, bases around the world, r&d, etc) is probably not something our wives and/or husband's would agree with at home, so why continue to do it as a country.

Time to spend a bit more on people. You know, just have a few months where we shut down a few wars, spend the money on sending kids and adults to psychologists. You know, reviewing the prescriptions of people. Doing family home check ups. Spending more on schools to have support counselors. Maybe getting folks some dental care. Seeing if anyone is interested in eye exams. You know, some of the humane things we do for other countries.

Sent from the Matrioshka in the WH Christmas tree.

Last edited:
Anyone who leaves firearms and ammo where children can access them is an absolute moron and should be held accountable in some legal way for any consequences that come from that colossally imbecilic decision. And bragging about it? Good God.

execute him.

Investigators found the handgun allegedly used in the killings on "the side of the road nearby where it had been tossed," the sheriff's office said in a tweet. Earlier, the office said the teen was assisting police in locating a 9 mm handgun that he had discarded near the scene.
The handgun was in the home "illegally," Young said without elaborating.

14-year-old facing five murder charges after confessing to killing his family in their Alabama home, police say - CNN

Massachusetts is the only state that requires all guns be secured in a locked safe while in the home.

Anyone who leaves firearms and ammo where children can access them is an absolute moron and should be held accountable in some legal way for any consequences that come from that colossally imbecilic decision. And bragging about it? Good God.

This is a horrific event but there are many families that integrate teens into their home protection plans and responsibilities, including gun training and access to the firearms. Lots of teens grow up hunting and shooting with family. It depends on if the adults feel the teens are responsible enough. No idea what the family situation was here, if they trusted that teen, obviously they made a mistake.

Beyond horrific. A 6 year old, a 5 year old and a 6 month baby among the deceased. No words.

This is a horrific event but there are many families that integrate teens into their home protection plans and responsibilities, including gun training and access to the firearms. Lots of teens grow up hunting and shooting with family. It depends on if the adults feel the teens are responsible enough. No idea what the family situation was here, if they trusted that teen, obviously they made a mistake.

:thumbs:

And for liberals to ghoulishy use the bodies of dead children to push any unconstitutional agenda is repugnant beyond words.

O have no problem requiering guns and ammo to be locked up in homes with children under age 16. 16 is the most common age when someone is required to have a hunting license.

I do have a problem with laws requiring guns to be locked up in homes without children. Although I encourage people to protect their investments by locking them up.

I'm all for gun safety education, but we all know that's not what anti-gunner really want. What they want are more laws that do nothing more than harass law adiding gun owners.

Just want to point out that you were the first person to go there in this thread.
They don't understand a nuanced position.

I bet these guys wear fedoras.

With some folks on the internet bragging about leaving guns and ammo laying around their house, you'd think responsible gun owners would step up and try to increase gun safety drives.One would hope they'd get united as a community and criticize those who proudly tell strangers about dangerous equipment they have laying around the house within the reach of kids. Instead anyone who even suggests restricting access to guns to minors faces an uphill battle as rights organizations hold manufacturer funded events to promote the purchase of guns instead of respect for them.

In recent days I've come to agree that the main threat to America is not guns. It isn't minorities. It isn't white supremacy. The main threat to Americans will not be fixed with projects taking place thousands of miles away. The main threat is the centuries long refusal to stop spending money on fights around the world, and enriching the pockets of war profiteers waiting to stock our troops with the best equipment. It is ignoring possibility that spending 30-40% of our yearly income on weapons and all related asterisks (wars, bases around the world, r&d, etc) is probably not something our wives and/or husband's would agree with at home, so why continue to do it as a country.

Time to spend a bit more on people. You know, just have a few months where we shut down a few wars, spend the money on sending kids and adults to psychologists. You know, reviewing the prescriptions of people. Doing family home check ups. Spending more on schools to have support counselors. Maybe getting folks some dental care. Seeing if anyone is interested in eye exams. You know, some of the humane things we do for other countries.

Money spent by America on national defense has made America a relatively safe place to live, especially compared to so many other nations around the world. That does not stop some Americans from thinking America would have been just as safe without defense spending. Thankfully, that assumption has never taken deep root in any significant numbers of America's political leaders in its entire history.

O have no problem requiering guns and ammo to be locked up in homes with children under age 16. 16 is the most common age when someone is required to have a hunting license.

I do have a problem with laws requiring guns to be locked up in homes without children. Although I encourage people to protect their investments by locking them up.

Mine are fully accessible by my children. I make it a point they know where they are, and how to access them, and most importantly how and when to use them.

For ****s sake.

A teenager just killed his father step mother and his siblings including a 6 month old baby.

Can you people put the gun/antigun bull**** aside for just one minute?

For ****s sake.

A teenager just killed his father step mother and his siblings including a 6 month old baby.

Can you people put the gun/antigun bull**** aside for just one minute?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say "unlikely."

execute him.

Not just execute... execute harshly. Waterboarding or beheading or something... this scum sucking ****stain doesn't deserve another second of life that isn't painful.

This kind of behavior has been going on forever. It started with Cain killing his brother.

What we do know is that their are 330 million people in this country. I you don't think some of them are A-holes, you must live in a bubble. I would bet that this kid was some spoiled brat who always got his way. When he was denied his wish he flipped out because he never learned to handle rejection.

They don't understand a nuanced position.

I bet these guys wear fedoras.

Nuanced and extraordinarily innocent.

Having posted here for only 13 years, you had no idea that 3 topics (guns, abortion and I/P) inevitably excite heated exchanges.

Being so new here, you had absolutely no way of knowing this, and certainly no intention to create a heated exchange in this instance.

:)

This kind of behavior has been going on forever. It started with Cain killing his brother.

What we do know is that their are 330 million people in this country. I you don't think some of them are A-holes, you must live in a bubble. I would bet that this kid was some spoiled brat who always got his way. When he was denied his wish he flipped out because he never learned to handle rejection.

You think the first time a family member killed another one was a couple of thousand years ago? Never before that???

Back
Top Bottom