• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

“Gosnell: The Movie”

By treating the unborn as numbers (as in killed) and as punishment (as in 'she has to pay her consequences!') you are the one dehumanizing...the unborn AND women.

You would value the unborn over women, with rights that superseded those of women...that dehumanizes women.

Unless that woman has medical necessities for the abortion, she's not acting very human regardless.

Unless that woman has medical necessities for the abortion, she's not acting very human regardless.

Your OPINION and FEELINGS doesnt change the fact you want to treat women as a lessers and violate thier current legal and human rights. Its funny how quickly you expose your dishonestly and hypocritically views since you try (and completely fail) to judge others for the same thing you are doing. You cant have it both ways. Prochoice is human rights. We all choose which we value more it just depends on when so any argument about "dehumanizing" has no rational, honest and logical merit. The difference is some of us are honest about it and some like you lie about it. :shrug:

Really? When she has other kids to feed and support? When she has obligations to others in her family, perhaps elderly parents, disabled siblings?

And her physical life will be in jeopardy the entire time...not to mention the frequent pain and sickness. SHE is a functioning, contributing member of society...the unborn is not and may never even live to be born. Or may be severely defective.

Her being part of society already, contributing, makes her more valuable.

Why you would place the value of the unborn above hers and her kids and any other dependents (the born), I have no idea. Feel free but it's a silly emotionally-based belief IMO.

All of us would hope a pregnant woman would be able to choose and provide a loving secure home to a child. But most of us live in the real world and make decisions that make sense for the real world.

Really? When she has other kids to feed and support? When she has obligations to others in her family, perhaps elderly parents, disabled siblings?

And her physical life will be in jeopardy the entire time...not to mention the frequent pain and sickness. SHE is a functioning, contributing member of society...the unborn is not and may never even live to be born. Or may be severely defective.

Her being part of society already, contributing, makes her more valuable.

Why you would place the value of the unborn above hers and her kids and any other dependents (the born), I have no idea. Feel free but it's a silly emotionally-based belief IMO.

All of us would hope a pregnant woman would be able to choose and provide a loving secure home to a child. But most of us live in the real world and make decisions that make sense for the real world.

Personal responsibility. You act like sex is right or something.

Innocent life...get with the program.

I find that stance hypocritical. Ever here of “life without parole”? You need to get with it. But that’s really revealing about how you value life. As long as you get to decide, right?

You act like sex is right or something.

It certainly is. As is the right to have 100% control over one's bodily sovereignty. How would you feel if the govt decided to force you to have a vasectomy? Fair? The right of the govt to usury your bodily sovereignty?

Last edited:

And there is nothing wrong with having sex, it's not a crime and it's not wrong (your personal opinion notwithstanding).

So women are no less innocent...there's no reason to punish women with forced pregnancy.

Personal responsibility.

Abortion is a very responsible decision.

--it means fewer families on public assistance

--it means fewer neglected and abused children

--it means that there's a greater chance that one of the more than 100,000 kids already available for adoption will get a home, instead of adding unnecessarily to that pool of unloved and homeless kids.​

There's nothing responsible about having a kid that you cant afford or cannot care for properly and expecting the taxpayers to help you do so. Nor in adding an infant to take the home that another kid is already waiting for.

Get back to me when there are no kids waiting to be adopted in the US before claiming abortion is irresponsible. And the fact that those kids arent adopted...that is not the fault of women. That is a decision any adult American can make...and apparently many do not.

So you favor execution of non-innocent people? Where does that begin? Shoplifting? Assault?

I find that stance hypocritical. Ever here of “life without parole”? You need to get with it. But that’s really revealing about how you value life. As long as you get to decide, right?

It is absolutely hypocritical...

I haven't been to a movie in years. This one I'll go and see.

I haven't been to a movie in years. This one I'll go and see.

i'm waiting for the one about tRump's katrina and the many thousands of resulting unnecessary deaths

Personal responsibility. You act like sex is right or something.

millions feel driven by their morals and personal responsibility to abort . . so your feelings are no better then theirs :shrug:

difference is YOU want to violate their legal and human rights and treat them as lessers

For those who have no choice, Bro.

Lots and lots of deflection on both sides. Most every poster is turning this thread into a side note thread.

Guess both sides (pro-choice and pro-life) have issues within their own ideology causing them to either refuse to debate pointed issues, forever change the subject within the issue or both sides just don't care what others think of their abortion stance. I'd go with the last choice.

Pro-life thinks fetuses are unborn life and should be protected and pro-choice thinks women's choice is a right and should be protected. What does either stance have to do with the movie?

Back
Top Bottom