Page 20 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 741

Thread: No Evidence.............

  1. #191
    Sage
    AlphaOmega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:59 AM
    Gender
    Posts
    9,430

    Re: No Evidence.............

    Quote Originally Posted by Luckyone View Post
    A vote on whether to allow new evidence into the impeachment trial was voted on today and did not pass on a 53-47 vote. It was 100% a partisan vote because that is exactly the difference between Republicans and Democrats in the Senate.

    Why are the Republicans being partisan on this? Is evidence a political thing? Is the Constitution against evidence being produced? Is providing evidence against our established laws?

    None of the above. Evidence is this case is thought to be damaging to Trump and therefore on a partisan basis they voted against it.

    Where are we now? Have we decided to throw out our justice system that has been the backbone of our country for 240 years? Have we now decided that truth is no longer important? Are we now more interested in our perceived benefits that in defending our Constitution and our laws?

    What happens in the future when some other president that the Republicans are against is then impeached for actions against the Constitution and he gets away with whatever he has done because he refused subpoenas and hid evidence simply because he was able to do so and the party in charge supported him? Is that what you want? Is that what you would support even if it against your political views?

    I cannot understand anyone voting against evidence being provided. All Trump supporters have used the law when it has been in their favor, such as the phrase "innocent until proven guilty" being used every single day against the accusations being leveled against Trump. Now you are in favor of no evidence that proves innocence or guilt being introduced?

    If that is the case, you are then proving the point that our nation (not just our political representatives) has become corrupt. Corruption from the bottom to the top and not just at the top.

    If you believe in our Constitution and believe in our laws that state that guilt has to be proven "beyond a reasonable doubt", you need to support the introduction of all evidence that is available! It is the only way that guilt or innocence can be proven! Simple as that!
    You are claiming republicans are being partisan as democrats try to overturn an election simply because they lost? Thats hilarious. Repubs should shove this up democrats asses sideways with the most partisan process possible to teach them a lesson.

  2. #192
    Sixth Shooter

    Logician Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Third Stone from the Sun
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,511

    Re: No Evidence.............

    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega View Post
    You are claiming republicans are being partisan as democrats try to overturn an election simply because they lost? Thats hilarious. Repubs should shove this up democrats asses sideways with the most partisan process possible to teach them a lesson.
    The Articles of Impeachment say NOTHING about "because they lost." Please do try to keep up.
    " I'll be the most transparent President in U.S. history, and too busy holed up in the White House working for the American people to play golf. " - Donald J. Trump -

  3. #193
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Posts
    1,726

    Re: No Evidence.............

    Quote Originally Posted by HumblePi View Post
    Every witness who testified, every email document and whatsapp conversation -- a literal mountain of evidence -- has been inculpatory to Trump's guilt. Trump has not offered one shred of exculpatory evidence, no witnesses, no documents, absolutely nothing.
    Yep

    But the republicans are like the 3 monkeys. Ignore the evidence and protect their phoney baloney jobs

    download.jpg

  4. #194
    Sage
    HumblePi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:07 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,588

    Re: No Evidence.............

    Quote Originally Posted by rickc View Post
    Yep

    But the republicans are like the 3 monkeys. Ignore the evidence and protect their phoney baloney jobs

    download.jpg
    Not only do they ignore the evidence they lie shameless like Jay Sekelow and Pat Cipollone did last night. But I suppose if you're trying to defend a liar there's only one thing you can do and that's to lie just as much as he does. Not only did they both lie, they lied right in front of the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court who knew very well they were both lying.

    Trump Impeachment Defense Lawyers Botch Senate Opening Arguments - Bloomberg

    Trump’s Lawyers Should Be Ashamed of Themselves

    The president’s defense team opened the Senate impeachment trial by botching the facts and making pointless arguments.







    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    There are virtually no Child molestations in the Catholic Church.
    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    Mock someone with a handicap? Sure. Why are handicapped people different then anyone else?

  5. #195
    Sage
    ataraxia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    16,314

    Re: No Evidence.............

    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega View Post
    You are claiming republicans are being partisan as democrats try to overturn an election simply because they lost? Thats hilarious.
    No, because he is a criminal. Not so hilarious.

    Repubs should shove this up democrats asses sideways with the most partisan process possible to teach them a lesson.
    OK. Just remember what goes around comes around. Be careful what game you choose to play.

    Remember, what happens in this impeachment hearing is precedent for future ones.

  6. #196
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,024

    Re: No Evidence.............

    Quote Originally Posted by Luckyone View Post
    Yes and no. Both the Republicans and the Democrats are partisan but finding the truth should never be partisan. Truth is what should be wanted 100% by everyone. If on side wants truth and the other side does not want truth to come out, then you have corruption and the Constitution does not support corruption.

    On the case of all evidence being provided, which is what the Democrats are asking for and the Republicans do not want, it is not a partisan thing. The Republicans are simply wrong because lack of evidence means lack of truth.
    The Democrats don't want truth. They want their narrative to be validated.

  7. #197
    Sage
    Luckyone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,374

    Re: No Evidence.............

    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega View Post
    You are claiming republicans are being partisan as democrats try to overturn an election simply because they lost? Thats hilarious. Repubs should shove this up democrats asses sideways with the most partisan process possible to teach them a lesson.
    Whether they are doing what you say they are doing that is not the point of the OP. The point of the OP is whether new evidence of guilt "or" innocence should be allowed to be shown. Evidence is not partisan. It is the truth and uncovers the truth. Both Republicans and Democrats should be looking for the truth. It is something everyone should seek, no matter the party.

    Are you saying you are not for evidence to be shown that would make the accusation either true "or" false. If you are so convinced that Trump has done no wrong, you should be supporting all evidence being shown, right?

    Only a guilty party does not want evidence shown! That is a universal truth that has no bias attached to it.
    My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring. Money is important but secondary.

  8. #198
    Sage
    Aberration's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,502

    Re: No Evidence.............

    Quote Originally Posted by Craig234 View Post
    If you murdered your wife and didn't get caught, was it not a crime? If trump commits a crime and as president the DoJ refuses to indict him, Republicans refuse to impeach him, does that make his crimes not crimes? If you can't look at the fact, that's your problem, not mine.
    It’s not a crime just because half of the House in party lines says so.
    “Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.”
    ― Thomas Jefferson

  9. #199
    Sage
    Luckyone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,374

    Re: No Evidence.............

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    The Democrats don't want truth. They want their narrative to be validated.
    You may be 100% right. If you are though, then it makes no sense for the Republicans not allowing the truth to come out, right? After all, the people they want testifying are all "Republicans" that work or worked for Trump. They are HIS team. and as such, should be biased for him and not against him, right? If Mulvaney, Pompeo and Bolton testified they would be "for" Trump and not against him, unless of course, they value truth over lies and value not being accused of perjury. Why not allow them to testify? How would their testimony support the Democratic narrative if they testify that Trump did no wrong?

    See is you can answer that question!
    My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring. Money is important but secondary.

  10. #200
    Sage
    AlphaOmega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:59 AM
    Gender
    Posts
    9,430

    Re: No Evidence.............

    Quote Originally Posted by Logician Man View Post
    The Articles of Impeachment say NOTHING about "because they lost." Please do try to keep up.
    Of course they don't. Dems can't impeach for that thats why they make stuff up for their useful idiots to gorge themselves on. Do you think it's a coincidence dems said they were going to impeach Trump before theu claimed to have a reason to do it? That alone should trigger your full of ****dar but it didn't. I find that fascinating.

Page 20 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •