• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"You don't need an AR15..."

this would be much better for that-I suspect Goshin knows that and I don't see where he said anything about mowing down everyone

of course running that thing for a minute is going to cost you about 8000 dollars

Holy ****. That's wayy too ****ing expensive.

does the fact that black males commit more than half the murders in the USA-often with handguns-have any relevance to the fact that cops may be say more on edge when having to deal with black males than say-elderly Asian women, or young men with Mormon Missionary badges on their black suits or other young men with Yarmulkes who are obviously Hasidic Jews?
They'd probably be thinking: "Wow, this is a pretty interesting neighborhood"! :mrgreen:

I have a neighborhood just like that a few miles from my house. It had the most languages spoken in the U.S., according to the 1990 census, at ...47! I kid you not; 47 native spoken 1st languages in *one* zip-code! Freakin' amazing!

[and in this ultra dense neighborhood, the zip-code is only one or two square miles!]

I don't know if that is consistent with the facts but smoking dope while you are carrying a gun illegally because you are a convicted felon was where things started going south long before the cops became involved

The cops story is that Scott erratically pulled up in a white SUV and parked beside them and then started to roll a "blunt". Then they said they saw him hold up a gun....and that's when they decided to confront him. I dunno, it all just seems a little too convenient. Especially, considering the SUV that one of cops is using for cover seems to be parked facing the front of the white SUV, not beside it.

So lets suppose that Scott didn't recognize the dark SUV as a police car and thought the two cops inside,...one black and one white...were there to rob him. So while still sitting in his SUV, he raises his gun to warn them he was armed....and that threw the plain clothes cops into a tizzy. So did the plain clothes cops ever identify themselves as police before they started screaming at him to throw the gun down? Because it wasn't until a uniformed officer arrived on the scene that he finally got out of his car. I looked at the dash cam video several times...but I didn't see him holding a gun as he got of his car...but I did see what appeared to be the ankle holster.

The cops story is that Scott erratically pulled up in a white SUV and parked beside them and then started to roll a "blunt". Then they said they saw him hold up a gun....and that's when they decided to confront him. I dunno, it all just seems a little too convenient. Especially, considering the SUV that one of cops is using for cover seems to be parked facing the front of the white SUV, not beside it.

So lets suppose that Scott didn't recognize the dark SUV as a police car and thought the two cops inside,...one black and one white...were there to rob him. So while still sitting in his SUV, he raises his gun to warn them he was armed....and that threw the plain clothes cops into a tizzy. So did the plain clothes cops ever identify themselves as police before they started screaming at him to throw the gun down? Because it wasn't until a uniformed officer arrived on the scene that he finally got out of his car. I looked at the dash cam video several times...but I didn't see him holding a gun as he got of his car...but I did see what appeared to be the ankle holster.

lets play another game

what if the guy

1) did not had felony convictions

2) was not using illegal narcotics

3) was not violating 18 USC 922 and several other state and federal laws

I'd bet my left leg he'd still be alive today

I'd like to meet the guy who can roll a blunt while simultaneously flashing a piece. Rolling a blunt is a two-handed endeavor.

lets play another game

what if the guy

1. Does not matter. Prior felony convictions do not enter into whether a man is an imminent threat.
2. Of course, potheads are always the type to be violent. I've seen Reefer Madness too!
3. Did the cops know all this before they busted him?

Prior convictions really, to me, are irrelevant when considering heat-of-the-moment affairs.

1) if you don't think it should be illegal for people who shot someone illegally to then be banned from owning a firearm and carrying it on the streets, let me know.

2) he is being blamed for what he did that caused the police to get involved

a) smoking dope

b) having a firearm

c) perhaps brandishing a firearm

a death sentence is a punishment given after an adjudication of guilt. being shot by cops because you engage in behavior that MAY HAVE caused officers to REASONABLY BELIEVE that a man with dope and a gun might harm them is a different issue

I dunno...but a joint would be a lot easier to plant than a gun. Did they find his DNA on the joint...because they were quick to find it on the gun. So basically, you're saying the cops don't have a case unless they prove he had a joint and a gun. Did you see the picture of the joint....it looked half smoked. So are we to believe that Scott sat there in his car and rolled a perfect joint and then smoked half of it in front of two cops and they didn't do anything until they saw a gun?

Last edited:
1. Does not matter. Prior felony convictions do not enter into whether a man is an imminent threat.
2. Of course, potheads are always the type to be violent. I've seen Reefer Madness too!
3. Did the cops know all this before they busted him?

Prior convictions really, to me, are irrelevant when considering heat-of-the-moment affairs.

you're right but in every police shooting I have ever reviewed or studied-both professionally or on the net etc one thing always is present

iF THE person shot had followed the law and (in many cases) complied with the cops' orders he would be alive

there is no getting around that

lets play another game

what if the guy

How did the cops know he had a record without seeing his ID or talking to him first?

How did the cops know he had a record without seeing his ID or talking to him first?

that's not the point I am making

you're right but in every police shooting I have ever reviewed or studied-both professionally or on the net etc one thing always is present

iF THE person shot had followed the law and (in many cases) complied with the cops' orders he would be alive

there is no getting around that
Did the plain clothes officers identify themselves as the police? What law says a citizen has to obey anyone that doesn't identify themselves a police officer?

that's not the point I am making

Then I didn't understand your point. It looked like you were saying that if he didn't have a prior record, then he wouldn't have gotten killed. But apparently, he did have a record...but how would the cops know that if they didn't know his name?

well he was in violation of state law for having the dope so the "innocent" claim is a bit of stretch under current state law

Thats the point...pot should be legal.

well he was in violation of state law for having the dope so the "innocent" claim is a bit of stretch under current state law

Since when was possession of marijuana a guns-in-your-face violation of the law?

I'd like to meet the guy who can roll a blunt while simultaneously flashing a piece. Rolling a blunt is a two-handed endeavor.

Since he had an ankle holster then maybe he held the gun up with his foot. lol jk

this would be much better for that-I suspect Goshin knows that and I don't see where he said anything about mowing down everyone

of course running that thing for a minute is going to cost you about 8000 dollars

He didn't have to...the meme he posted said it for him.

AR 15 is easier to shoot accurately for several reasons

adjustable length stock on most models

peep sight is more accurate than the open sights on the AK

the AR 15 kicks less-M193 ball (55 grains) or SS109 (62) grains has far less recoil impulse than the much heavier but slower moving 762x39 com bloc round where the bullet is around 121 grains or so

the safety lever is far easier to deploy than on the AK

note, I qualified my answer with "maybe" that's a matter of opinion.

I think the AK is easier from a user control standpoint, although the AR is certainly more accurate.

Unless you're black. Then you don't need any gun at all.
Since blacks are the majority victims of other blacks and since blacks commit violent criminal acts at a rate higher than all other groups, Id say law abiding black citizens need to be armed maybe more than anyone else in the country.

Since blacks are the majority victims of other blacks and since blacks commit violent criminal acts at a rate higher than all other groups, Id say law abiding black citizens need to be armed maybe more than anyone else in the country.

But if they do carry a gun then they stand greater chance of getting shot by the police every time they drive their car.

This happens to black people with guns. Ask Philando Castile.

Blacks walk around Hampton Roads open carrying all the time and never have any issues with police

Blacks also carry concealed in Hampton Roads all the time and never have any issues with police during traffic stops.

So I take it, your choice would be to take your AR15 and mow 'em down then.

If they posed a threat to innocent persons in my presence, I would take such action as seemed necessary. Actually shooting is always a last resort, but it is on the table as a possibility.

Back
Top Bottom