• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Why did Zimm call 911? (1 Viewer)

"If you want to accuse Zimmerman of racism..."

I don't think Zimm is a racist, I think he profiled which led to the unfortunate outcome and i also believe that is where the pross will go.

The question we should be asking is whether the profiling was reasonable.

I think calling 911 was perfectly appropriate given recent events in the complex.

His actions afterwards not so much.

Everybody profiles all the time.

LE doing it can be problematic.

I think if M was a 6'6" asian guy and and asian basketball team had been burglarizing the neighborhood Z would have called 911.

So profiling with race as a DESCRIPTOR rather than race itself.

But i agree profiling will be brought up.

That Z thought M was "one of those guys". The ones who always get away.

"I think if M was a 6'6" asian guy and and asian basketball team had been burglarizing the neighborhood Z would have called 911."

Because all 6'6" asian guys are thieves?

"I think if M was a 6'6" asian guy and and asian basketball team had been burglarizing the neighborhood Z would have called 911."

You're rapidly losing your balance in this thread, Spanky. Ever think your question should be:

Was Zimmerman being a racist when he called 911?

'Course, certainly with me, the answer would be the same. "No."

If your answer is, "Yes!!!" Please explain why.

I don't know how many 6'6" asian guys there are in the world, let's say 1000 for debate purposes. And let's say 5 6'6" asian guys were committing crimes in a gated community.

If you were one of the 995 6'6" asian guys who were law abiding citizens, worked hard, loved their mothers and kept their noses clean, how would you feel if the residents of that gated community presupposed you were a thief for nothing other than that you were a 6'6" asian guy?

Last edited:
Profiling isn't racism, it's profiling. Every time I go into the store to buy toilet paper I profile.

Does that make me a racist?

The question is whether the profiling is reasonable and whether that profiling results in trampling on anothers constitutional rights.

Some people take for granted the freedom to walk to a store, then walk home without being shot in the heart:lol:

Oh, but at least his constitutional rights were protected:lol:

"Not sure your point actually. Generally, burglars don't wear a polo shirt and Sperry Topsiders."

What do they wear?

If at night, dark clothing and not trying to hide their face.

But YOU were the one that specified clothing, then tossed race into it, and asserted it was race that made the difference to GZ? Or are you saying the clothing? Or both?

What are you saying???

If at night, dark clothing and not trying to hide their face.

But YOU were the one that specified clothing, then tossed race into it, and asserted it was race that made the difference to GZ? Or are you saying the clothing? Or both?

What are you saying???

I got levis, I got white tennis shoes, I got 5 hoodies in my closet that I wear when the occasion calls for it...like rainy weather.

But if I was decked that way and walking in Retreat View Circle that night I doubt Zim would have called 911 on me.

Zimm called 911 because he was black and that goes to the central question of racial profiling.

It will be the central factor in this trial for the pross.

Why would it be?

Let's admit it, if it was a white kid in a polo shirt and Sperry Topsiders that call would never have been made.

Admit to what?

Dude - Z called to report suspicious activity.....Precisely what his NW program with the assistance of the SPD instructed residents to do......report suspicious activity.

Plus, Z broke no law by calling the hotline number

So, no.... it will not be a *central factor*

"Also, do you know what all he saw Trayvon Martin doing that night?'

Personally, I think much of that was Zimm gilding the lily.

Thanks for your honesty.

I got levis, I got white tennis shoes, I got 5 hoodies in my closet that I wear when the occasion calls for it...like rainy weather.

But if I was decked that way and walking in Retreat View Circle that night I doubt Zim would have called 911 on me.

Zimm called 911 because he was black and that goes to the central question of racial profiling.

No....means nothing even if Z profiled M or unfairly suspected M of criminal wrongdoing

Why didn't you just make that the thread then: "I know GZ called the police because TM was black."

And your proof is because you know that. And the way you know that is because you know if TM was a preppy white older man dressed like a preppy white man he wouldn't have called the police, because you know that too.

Z wanted to be a cop real bad but didn't make the cut.

He was acting out his hero fantasies in his little corner of the world.

Not necessarily a bad thing, either. This time it went too far, imo. Z got himself into a situation he wasn't equipped to deal with.

Barney Fife to the rescue!

OP asked a question.

I answered it.

Z called 911 because he was acting out his cop desires.

Protecting his community.

Which i said wasn't a bad thing. With qualifications.

What part did you find so offensive?

We get it....... some of you despise the man.

No....means nothing even if Z profiled M or unfairly suspected M of criminal wrongdoing

Racial profiling is not illegal, for what that is worth.

If Zimmerman had been a white man wearing a Karate suit with a black belt around it would TM had assaulted him? Of course not. Therefore, Martin racially profiled GZ because he is Hispanic. That's obvious.

I think that is the OP's logic.

Dumb Question.

Do you not know what "burglarizing" was referring to?

Some people take for granted the freedom to walk to a store, then walk home without being shot in the heart:lol:

Oh, but at least his constitutional rights were protected:lol:

Way to skip a step in the story there champ!

between walk home and being shot in the heart....... I suggest you go study.

And yet you STILL continue to analyze all the different factors INDEPENDENT from one another.

Race is a factor. Clothing could be a factor. The fact that recent burglaries were committed by a group of young blacks dressed like Trayvon is a factor. And then there is what Zimmerman observed that he classified as strange behavior... which is a factor.

You sure your not a defense attorney? They like to try to ignore something we in the law enforcement field call totality of the circumstances.

Way to skip a step in the story there champ!

between walk home and being shot in the heart....... I suggest you go study.

My point was to show the effect of racial profiling. We all know the details of the whole incident.

TM walked to the 7/11, then was walking home. As a white man, he would still be alive today. GZ would have offered Martin a ride home and his wife.

My point was to show the effect of racial profiling. We all know the details of the whole incident.

TM walked to the 7/11, then was walking home. As a white man, he would still be alive today. GZ would have offered Martin a ride home and his wife.

Maybe... Maybe not.

You just KNOW because you do and anyone who doesnt accept your DIVINE KNOWLEDGE must be a racist or racist apologist? Right?

:roll:

This is getting ridiculous...

Z did not break any law by reporting what he perceived as suspicious behavior

We get it....... some of you despise the man.

You know it's possible to criticize an individuals actions without hating them, right?

You're going to tell me theres no such thing as a wannabe cop? That has no business being a cop but wants it in his bones?

Barney Fife is a perfect meme.

Wants to do good. Not very good at it.

Barney Fife is a television character...with two emmies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom