• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Who won the Veep Debate tonight? [W:47]

Who won? Vote now!

• Total voters

Josie

*probably reading smut*
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Paul Ryan or Joe Biden?

Honestly, I don't know if I'm just too tired for this or what.... I thought this debate was boring and they both sucked equally.

Biden did a little better. More importantly is it disgusts me how much Ryan lied.

Biden. Not nearly as much as Romney beat Obama, but still; Biden. The question now is how much his behavior will Al-Gore-sigh-like negate his victory.

I only caught the second half so I'll have to watch the rest later, but from what I saw I don't even think it was close. Ryan absolutely dominated the conversation and shut Biden down several times, while still coming off much more likable.

Ryan.

Honestly, I don't know if I'm just too tired for this or what.... I thought this debate was boring and they both sucked equally.

They both suck but I definitely disagree about it being boring.

I think Biden won by a slim margin despite his smug attitude.

They both suck but I definitely disagree about it being boring.

I'm very tired and distracted, so that had an effect on my opinion of the debate tonight. I'm usually on the edge of my seat with them, but this one was just ... meh.

Liberals are just gonna call Ryan a liar. Conservatives are just gonna call Biden a liar.

Ryan came off as more professional though. Biden was a douchebag. That arrogant smirk. Rolling his eyes. Smart-ass giggling while Ryan was talking. He was totally disrespectful, and that did not do him justice.

I'm very tired and distracted, so that had an effect on my opinion of the debate tonight. I'm usually on the edge of my seat with them, but this one was just ... meh.

Thats how I feel about mainstream politics in general so I understand.

Biden makes me sick.... what a disgrace.

Can we please off load this imbecile to any country that will take him..

Biden completely schooled Ryan. Ryan looked like a spoiled little school boy that was caught with his pants down. So much for that claim that Ryan would walk all over Biden....LOL...it was completely the opposite.

Liberals are just gonna call Ryan a liar. Conservatives are just gonna call Biden a liar.

Ryan came off as more professional though. Biden was a douchebag. That arrogant smirk. Rolling his eyes. Smart-ass giggling while Ryan was talking. He was totally disrespectful, and that did not do him justice.

What debate were you watching? Ryan came off professional? Wow.....he had a deer in headlights look throughout the whole debate. Biden made him look like an incompetent student.

How can anyone vote for Biden.. he just openly lied about Libya.. just openly lied.. and then mocked Ryan for being correct...

Last edited:
Biden completely schooled Ryan. Ryan looked like a spoiled little school boy that was caught with his pants down. So much for that claim that Ryan would walk all over Biden....LOL...it was completely the opposite.

You saw Ryan as a spoiled little school boy, I saw him as tired, too laid back and polite. On the contrary, I saw Biden as angry, forceful, rude and kinda crazy with the weird Batman voice at the end there.

It reminded me of Al Gore's sighing in the 2000 race. Surprised it hasn't really been brought up in the MSM yet. I guess its just what we've come to expect from Biden.

I saw Biden calling Ryan on his lies and Ryan not once, NOT ONCE, answer a substance question.

I think Joe walked over the moderator, took control and won.

And I thought he was a complete jackass, that was so unpresidential... He even tried to state the case that the president was calm and reserved, so if THAT guy is 1 heartbeat from the presidency, it's a scary thought...

He talked over everyone, because he felt he either 1) was the only one there that mattered or 2) knew if the other guy talked it would've poked holes in everything he said...

Biden's rudeness will be a telling feature over this next week... His rude dismissive smiles, laughter, constantly cutting in, talking over the moderator, whining about not getting to talk enough when he wouldn't ever shut up...

You all know that guy... the one who wants to constantly talk and thinks he won the argument, because other people get sick of hearing it that they withdraw...

Ryan even gave him a chance to pull back from it as well... and said plainly... I don't think the people want to see us interrupting each other, and he's right... this was an awful debate to watch...

I think Ryan won, because he was underseige all night from a combative moderator, who seemed to constantly interrupt him as he talked trying to force specifics... and he had the constant interruptions of a that late baby boomer who is losing it... Still, despite all the interruptions he was able to maintain his cool, look like a potential president who can hold his own against the experience veteran... and the best lines of the night, the ones that got the crowd in an uproar... were from the mouth of Ryan... and when Ryan stated his case DIRECTLY to the American people... we want to work for ALL Americans... it stuck... Whereas Biden just looked like he was touting partisan attack points he felt he had to say... and constantly looked like he was trying to make up for lost ground (that Ryan even rightly pointed out)...

Still... while I felt Ryan won the debate... and am SO SICK of seeing Biden talk, that I can't wait for him to get voted out... Biden did at least stave off elimination by not getting swept off the stage...

What debate were you watching? Ryan came off professional? Wow.....he had a deer in headlights look throughout the whole debate. Biden made him look like an incompetent student.

No, he had the "Dang, this guy's teeth are bright." look on his face. You've never seen that one?

You saw Ryan as a spoiled little school boy, I saw him as tired, too laid back and polite. On the contrary, I saw Biden as angry, forceful, rude and kinda crazy with the weird Batman voice at the end there.

Right... he went from completely rude talking over everything... to out of wind and raspy voiced at the end... couldn't say something when it came his time to talk about his own religion and personal feelings... and to make the case to the American people... that's when he became "soft spoken", right?

I saw Biden calling Ryan on his lies and Ryan not once, NOT ONCE, answer a substance question.

I thought Ryan stumbled on the Syria question and how he would have done things differently. He did not give a straight answer until he was pressured to give one. His answer was that he would have given the rebels weapons. No wonder he didn't give an immediate answer to that one.

I think that Biden came off as the snarky, lying, rude, pompous, jack ass he is. He sighed, laughed, interrupted, rolled eyes, disrespected, and even showed temper for being challenged. With that said at best I think it was a draw, if you listened you thought Biden won on rhetoric, if you watched you know Ryan won.

Overall the win on either side is so slim as to be a draw with a slight nod toward Ryan.

No... Ryan looked like he wasn't rude and was obeying the ground rules established between the candidates months in advance... and Joe Biden thought he was too good for that, and constantly was rude dismissive interruptive and showed clearly Joe Biden is not presidential material...

I pray for Obama's safety every night because I don't want that buffoon in the highest office in the land.

Back
Top Bottom