• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who Thinks Compulsory Voting Laws Are A Good Idea?

Who Thinks Compulsory Voting Laws Are A Good Idea?

• Total voters
Every time you lazily copy/paste, you tell everyone that you can't engage.

Pretty soon, even you will start to believe it.

But if you want to stubbornly sit in your own dirty diaper instead, simply copy/paste the same thing again. Every time you do, it confirms what I'm saying. You're making my argument for me!

aaaand more running, dodging and posting lies.
I will ask you AGAIN LMAO
You claimed not once but TWICE that I said I could NEVER support it . . . did I actually say that. Yes or no?

any answer other than yes or no will just continue the failure of your thread and posts, will add to your posts being destroyed and will result in me asking you again.

This is awesome: or, never, red herring and semantics all words you proved you don't understand.

:popcorn2:

You claimed not once but TWICE that I said I could NEVER support it . . . did I actually say that. Yes or no?

any answer other than yes or no will just continue the failure of your thread and posts, will add to your posts being destroyed and will result in me asking you again.

This is awesome: or, never, red herring and semantics all words you proved you don't understand.

And you continue to be my biggest ally. Thank you for making my point for me again.

Do it again for me. Right now.

And you continue to be my biggest ally. Thank you for making my point for me again.

Do it again for me. Right now.

Ah, it feels good when the plebs listen to you.

Again! Now!

Ah, it feels good when the plebs listen to you.

Again! Now!

I love it when you do what I tell you to do. So obedient.

Do it again for me. Copy/paste yourself.

I love it when you do what I tell you to do. So obedient.

Do it again for me. Copy/paste yourself.

It's like having a little doll that reacts to me!

Do it again!

It's like having a little doll that reacts to me!

Do it again!

It's like pulling a string.

Dance! Dance for me! Post it again! Bwahahahaha

Where is it, AGENT J? I need my post!

Come on! You can do it!

Come on, man. I need that copypasta.

No.

These are people who already care so little that they won't spend some time standing in line once very four years (let alone other races). If you force them to make a selection, it could have any number of effects that would undermine the will of the people who do care:

1. Randomize the process. Turnout hovers around 60%. Throwing in that many more voters who don't care and might randomly fill in circles would defeat the will of those who care.

2. Whomever is listed at the top of ballots gets the most votes. These are lazy voters so they might just circle the first circle in each category and have done with it.

3. Waste poll worker time. They might randomly fill out circles and end up casting ballots that have to get thrown out, ie, by voting for both candidates.

Etc.

I think it would be a rather dangerous experiment to force people to vote and hope that that made them take it seriously.

They practice that in Brazil: The result is politicians giving away thousands of right foot sandals. If they win that city, they give away the left foot sandals. People vote to get a complete pair of sandals. They don't value their vote any more than that.

Back
Top Bottom