• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who do neocons want?

Who do neocons want?

• Trump

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Clinton

Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters

99percenter

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Trump- doesn't support iraq and called neoconservative hero Bush a liar, failure and blamed him for 9-11(a pivotal event in neocon history). He does seem more hawkish then clinton though.

Clinton. Voted for iraq. I think she also supported libya and syria.

Who you got neocons?

Depends, who are these folks you suppose who self-identify as "neocon"?

A good candidate.

Jeb Bush is the one they wanted. Hillary will not send ground troops to the Mideast so Trump is their man by default.

Trump- doesn't support iraq and called neoconservative hero Bush a liar, failure and blamed him for 9-11(a pivotal event in neocon history). He does seem more hawkish then clinton though.

Who you got neocons?
what is a neocon?

one site says they are liberal intellectuals with a right drift...that certainly does not define anyone who is a Bush supporter

the other site I am reading says "Neoconservatives believe in using American might to promote American ideals abroad. "

another site says "someone presented as a conservative but who actually favors big government, interventionalism, and a hostility to religion in politics and government"

:shrug:

what is a neocon?

one site says they are liberal intellectuals with a right drift...that certainly does not define anyone who is a Bush supporter

the other site I am reading says "Neoconservatives believe in using American might to promote American ideals abroad. "

another site says "someone presented as a conservative but who actually favors big government, interventionalism, and a hostility to religion in politics and government"

Oh goodness. You just asked a terribly complicated question only bested by asking what a late 19th and early 20th century progressive was.

In short: all of the above, though not in any particular order, priority, or synthesis. To the onlooker, it both appears to exist and not exist in any meaningful fashion.

Jeb Bush is the one they wanted. Hillary will not send ground troops to the Mideast so Trump is their man by default.

Many of us liked Bush the best (while having varying degrees of affection for Kasich and Christie), but Rubio often became the object upon which, most people recognized as being neoconservatives in the recent sense, desired.

Oh goodness. You just asked a terribly complicated question only bested by asking what a late 19th and early 20th century progressive was.

In short: all of the above, though not in any particular order, priority, or synthesis. To the onlooker, it both appears to exist and not exist in any meaningful fashion.

so are you a neocon?

in my country we have three basic parties and at one time or another I have voted for all three...I am not partisan...I am fiscally right but I am socially left, I am middle for some things

I just really support whatever works for me at the time

partisanship seems ridiculous to me since it can never serve the individual but my country leans far far to the left of yours although some very right winged repubs said I was republican on some issues and I believe that is a Canadian "thing"...we are hard to define by American standards as many of us fit no mold

so help me out here...I am curious

I would imagine Clinton would be the logical choice on the war promotion hell yeah front, but on the other issues they find important I have no idea.

Who you got neocons?

They probably want the opposite candidate that white nationalists and Vladmir Putin want.

They probably want the opposite candidate that white nationalists and Vladmir Putin want.

You know that Clinton has connections to Putin, right?

what is a neocon?

Yep - that's the definitive answer, alright! :lamo

Alright, I know what you were getting at, so I'll stop razzing you.

I kinda' like her choice #2, for a quick & dirty answer - with Dick Cheney being the poster child.

what is a neocon?

There was a lot said about President Bush and about the Noecons who were quite prolific writers in the professional type journals. Very good articles, in fact. But the talking was mostly by people that had an agenda and mostly had read neither the articles nor the President's speeches. The impressions one would have received from such chatter would have been ill informed.

Who you got neocons?

I really don't know the answer for sure, but I am sure one or the other must have commented on it. My suspicion is that they would be dismayed at the quality of the lesser evil in this case.

There was a lot said about President Bush and about the Noecons who were quite prolific writers in the professional type journals. Very good articles, in fact. But the talking was mostly by people that had an agenda and mostly had read neither the articles nor the President's speeches. The impressions one would have received from such chatter would have been ill informed.

can you expand on this as I have no idea what you are saying

you appear to say the neocons did support Bush and wrote support articles but

other neocons neither supported nor understood the articles written by the neocon intellectuals

and then some people were ill informed

um

help me out here

Sen. Clinton supported the Iraq War.
Clinton defends her Iraq War vote | MSNBC

Donald Trump was adamantly opposed to the Iraq War but only after it had started. He is lying when he said he fought against the war.
Donald Trump and the Iraq War

I don't know what you think a neocon is since you think Trump was against the Iraq War but I suspect they're much like most people in the U.S. They don't want Donald Trump as president and they don't want Sen. Clinton as president.

If it were a three-way race with the Libertarians, I suspect the neocons would probably go with either Donald Trump or Sen. Clinton over Gov. Johnson.

That's just my opinion, though.

I think Trump has called for troops on the ground against ISIS, which would include Iraq and Syria.
On the other hand, he has also been against troops in the ME.
Truth is, Trump is all over the map on US involvement, his stances on all issues seem remarkably malleable.:shrug:

Clinton seems to favor intervention in the ME.

Who you got neocons?
Neocons, as I understand the definition, favor American intervention everywhere in the world, so Hillary is their girl.

Back
Top Bottom