• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Where do you fall on this Pew Scale

jmotivator

Computer Gaming Nerd
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
This short poll seems to have described me pretty well. What are you?

My results:

1711627867131.png

Ambivalent right
Dem Politicians should pay close attention to that 6% under progressive.
It doesn't appear to be playing well and only gives fodder to right-wing extremists.

Ambivalent right
It doesn't appear to be playing well and only gives fodder to right-wing extremists.

The democratic party isn't remotely progressive.

"Outsider left" lol.

I think you can only get progressive if you like the Democratic party.

The democratic party isn't remotely progressive.
Obviously going by the poll and that is my point. But the leadership has become increasingly progressive. There have been and are movements to remove moderate Dems for progressive leadership. And there is most definitely progressive leadership and in many cities a couple of states whose policies are backfiring. One of the largest progressive movement failures is St Louis.

Ambivalent right
I answered all the questions in the most progressive way possible, but you won't get labeled as such if you answer negatives about the Democrats or say politicians don't usually represent your views. Probably almost all of the outer left bucket are left of the progressive bucket.

Obviously going by the poll and that is my point. But the leadership has become increasingly progressive. There have been and are movements to remove moderate Dems for progressive leadership. And there is most definitely progressive leadership and in many cities a couple of states whose policies are backfiring. One of the largest progressive movement failures is St Louis.

Yea, individual progressives are winning state and local elections. Those electorates are obviously more progressive than this poll.

People are choosing to elect people.

The democratic party as a whole isn't remotely progressive.

Ambivalent right
I answered all the questions in the most progressive way possible, but you won't get labeled as such if you answer negatives about the Democrats or say politicians don't usually represent your views. Probably almost all of the outer left bucket are left of the progressive bucket.
To add onto this...
1711630182719.png

63% of the "outsider left" think most institutions are fundamentally biased and need to be destroyed completely and rebuilt rather than reformed. But on this test it makes it look like outsider left is more conservative than most Democrats. The % of left progressive voters is more like 16%, not 6%. But this chart has wack labeling.

Yea, individual progressives are winning state and local elections. Those electorates are obviously more progressive than this poll.

People are choosing to elect people.

The democratic party as a whole isn't remotely progressive.
That's what I was saying yet there are progressives in the party pushing that extreme agenda.

Hakeem Jeffries
Brandon Johnson
Tishaura Jones

That's what I was saying yet there are progressives in the party pushing that extreme agenda.

Hakeem Jeffries
Brandon Johnson
Tishaura Jones

Yes, and they should keep pushing.

Most of the public are mindless simps who will go wherever the party takes them. left or right.

Yea, the quiz wasn't great IMO.

Most quizzes like this just do ball park, they aren't meant to dig into your political DNA. ;)

Generally I find that most of the middle ground, right left and center, doesn't really predict what a person's position would be on a specific topic. A centrist can have a balance of left and right positions, even what would be considered "far". You can have two moderates, for instance who agree on nothing.

Outsider Leftie here!

A bit surprised this cohort is only 10%.
Also surprised how close to the center it is…

“Democratic mainstays”

Seems correct. 🤷‍♀️

Attachments

• IMG_9605.jpeg
    IMG_9605.jpeg
    60.2 KB · Views: 1
lol, you should look at some of those on the left in other countries. You'd quickly see even Bernie Sanders isn't that progressive compared. Nobody in America is even close, that's why it's such a laugh when anyone says it.

Look at the conservatives in England, still loving their healthcare and social services. Where do you think Boris Johnson would fall in our political lineup? Probably progressive I'm guessing according to our scale.

Screen Shot 2024-03-28 at 7.17.44 AM.png
Who would've thought? 🤭 🤣 I indeed feel that only 6% of ya understand me.

Back
Top Bottom