• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What happens once all abortions are made illegal in this country?

Except polls have consistently shown that a clear majority of Americans support legal abortion, and did not want Roe v. Wade overturned. It was only, as you put it, a fringe portion who wanted it overturned.

So first off let me acknowledge I was off on my earlier number, but no so far that my point falters.

Historically, over the past 40 years a third of the country has wanted to see Roe v Wade over turned, and typically half to approaching 2/3rds of republicans. So while not a 50/50 split in the public, it was still a pretty sizable amount. And while the party hadn't been universally in support, a majority of that party has been in support of it for nearly half a century.

Data

Compare that to matters of contraception like Condoms, IUDs, and the pill. Only 10% of the country think condoms or the pill should be banned, and less than 20% feel that way about IUDs. Within the republican party itself, the numbers aren't too far off from that as well. Even when you go to plan B, which is much more controversial than typical “contraception devices”, it still has less opposition than Roe did and nearly 2/3rds of republicans don't even support banning that.

Data

Again I state, comparing the view on abortion and Roe to the notion of banning all contraception items is an apples to oranges comparison. There was strong support within one of the two major political parties to overturn Roe, to the point it was actively part of presidential campaign pitches. That is not the case with banning birth control…its a fringe movement that has no significant support nor no significant national presidential level proponent

Lol, they're "intelligent" because it's an "intelligent" strategy to coalesce around an 85% to 13% advantage. If that's so complicated for you, it's no wonder you're angry all the time.

Nope. Look at how many people voted for mango MAGAt magnet twice...and you want me to assume that numbers = intelligence?

Forget it. You made a BS claim and now are running from it.

If you want to have an obsessive argument about the morality of abortion, then start another god damned thread and piss and moan to your heart's content there.

I'm not being obsessive, I'm pointing out your flawed premise...that some large number equals a rational conclusion. You have not remotely proved that. You cannot substantiate anything "intelligent" in the "basic minimal rights" you listed (but that I addressed and found no such "intelligent" foundation.)

Making up a bunch of dumb shit in your posts and then pretending like I said it in some weird projective effort to create an argument that you are predetermined to have with somebody....ANYBODY... is pathetic as ****.

Ah...the more you make this about me instead of my consistent and on-topic questions shows you failed in your argument. Look how angry you've become. A little honesty on your part might make you feel better...by addressing my question directly for instance :D

There is almost no chance in the near or moderate future for abortion to be banned nation wide without some sort of paradigm shifting new information or technology coming out. This is a pointless and flawed premise
They said there wasn't a chance that Roe would be overturned.

They said there wasn't a chance that Roe would be overturned.

Sigh…

So first off let me acknowledge I was off on my earlier number, but no so far that my point falters.

Historically, over the past 40 years a third of the country has wanted to see Roe v Wade over turned, and typically half to approaching 2/3rds of republicans. So while not a 50/50 split in the public, it was still a pretty sizable amount. And while the party hadn't been universally in support, a majority of that party has been in support of it for nearly half a century.

Data

Compare that to matters of contraception like Condoms, IUDs, and the pill. Only 10% of the country think condoms or the pill should be banned, and less than 20% feel that way about IUDs. Within the republican party itself, the numbers aren't too far off from that as well. Even when you go to plan B, which is much more controversial than typical “contraception devices”, it still has less opposition than Roe did and nearly 2/3rds of republicans don't even support banning that.

Data

Again I state, comparing the view on abortion and Roe to the notion of banning all contraception items is an apples to oranges comparison. There was strong support within one of the two major political parties to overturn Roe, to the point it was actively part of presidential campaign pitches. That is not the case with banning birth control…its a fringe movement that has no significant support nor no significant national presidential level proponent

Back
Top Bottom