• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

We are all addicts.................

Luckyone

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
We are all addicts. We are addicted to Trump!

It does not matter is you are a Republican, a Democrat, or an Independent. We all spend a big part of the day, talking, thinking, worrying, hating, and praising Trump.

We need to get the DEA involved, in order to stop this addiction

It does not matter is you are a Republican, a Democrat, or an Independent. We all spend a big part of the day, talking, thinking, worrying, hating, and praising Trump.
You may; I don't.. Maybe some counseling would help.

You don't? then why are you even answering this post? or even on this debate board where 90% of the threads have something to do with Trump?
Because I clicked a topic link that said "we are all addicts.." and was told I spend a.big part of my day thinking about Trump.
Just letting you know I don't, so there is hope for many!

I was thinking it was going to be we are addicted to politics.

I could so easily put Donald in the past as every American should.

Is politics an addiction or is it a part of patriotism to want to stay well informed and actively engaged in the running of our (supposedly) self-governed nation?

We are supposed to be self-governed. That's the way our country was ostensibly set up. We don't really have that. Big money runs everything, as we all know. The problem is too many people do not think for themselves. They let others do their thinking for them. They cave to peer pressure. That's what allowed Donald to take over the (lost and ambling) Republican party.

Donald is now a part of our history, like him or not. Most of America does not like him at all. But like the Civil War, or interning Japanese people during WWII, Donald is now a dark part of our history. Hopefully his story will some day be a warning that those who like to actually be truly well informed can learn lessons from.

Sadly, we have a lot of people in this country who for whatever reason are not very well informed. For them, politics as at best a form of entertainment. At worst, it is a way for them to express their hatred, greed and selfishness; and their psychosis.

Even after everything he's done, numbskulls across the country still want this traitor back in office, and you wonder why people won't stop talking about him? You call it an addiction? What nonsense. The only Trump addicts here are the MAGA drones who insist on threatening this country with even more of his brand of fascist authoritarianism. The rest of us would love it if they would wake the **** up from their treasonous wet dreams and dump him like the abuser he is.

Because I clicked a topic link that said "we are all addicts.." and was told I spend a.big part of my day thinking about Trump.
Just letting you know I don't, so there is hope for many!
If that is the case, then you are not worried about the future of this county. I am worried.

If fighting against a second Trump term is an addiction, then I am indeed addicted to this noble cause.

media loves Trump - he's a lightening rod and they use it over and over and over and have for 7 years

people are fed by the media

go the next 4 weeks without media - you'll not think about Trump at all really

I was thinking it was going to be we are addicted to politics.

I could so easily put Donald in the past as every American should.

Is politics an addiction or is it a part of patriotism to want to stay well informed and actively engaged in the running of our (supposedly) self-governed nation?

We are supposed to be self-governed. That's the way our country was ostensibly set up. We don't really have that. Big money runs everything, as we all know. The problem is too many people do not think for themselves. They let others do their thinking for them. They cave to peer pressure. That's what allowed Donald to take over the (lost and ambling) Republican party.

Donald is now a part of our history, like him or not. Most of America does not like him at all. But like the Civil War, or interning Japanese people during WWII, Donald is now a dark partour na of our history. Hopefully his story will some day be a warning that those who like to actually be truly well informed can learn lessons from.

Sadly, we have a lot of people in this country who for whatever reason are not very well informed. For them, politics as at best a form of entertainment. At worst, it is a way for them to express their hatred, greed and selfishness; and their psychosis.
I was never interested in politics until Trump showed up. I ever voted until Trump was on the ballot. I was never worried or voted because up until Trump showed up, there was not one single candidate for presidency that I felt was great or bad enough to cause big changes to our nation. Simply stated, if a president was good, it would probably change in 4-8 years and if a president was bad, it would probably change in 4-8 years. This meant that our nation would continue moving forward either slower or faster (depending on who was president) no matter what.

Then, Trump showed up.

A total failure of a person from every angle (business, personal, moral, ethics, principle, and humanity). A person that was not only none of those but was also incompetent to the nth degree.

At that moment, I felt that I needed to vote and vote against him (vote for whoever opposed him). This man could cause untold and permanent damage to our way of life..............and so far, his being around has already caused permanent and deep changes. One example is that our nation has never been so disunited as we are now. At no time has there been such hate coming from each side, to the point that nothing can get done.

That is why I am addicted to Trump..................until such a time that the addiction has disappeared from view.

I'd be happy to never hear about the guy ever again.

He needs to go to prison and stay there.

I'm not entertained though. It's sort of running ahead and warning, like Paul Revere. :D

media loves Trump - he's a lightening rod and they use it over and over and over and have for 7 years

people are fed by the media

go the next 4 weeks without media - you'll not think about Trump at all really

The media is not to blame. If the media goes away, the adoration for Trump from the extreme right will continue without a pause. They will continue to go to his rallied and spew hate against the left and the left will continue to worry about him getting reelected.

This would happen even if the media would not touch him at all.

Good parody video, lol. I said from the beginning, when his bloated ass came down that escalator, that it's gonna be all trump, all the time.

Being the criminal lying attention whore that he is, it has been to the detriment of the country and sane Patriotic Americans.

I only pay attention to him now after his twice impeached failed term serving at the pleasure of his master, Putin, and his inciting his failed coup, because I want to see his corrupt ass behind bars.

That will be a good day of news. I'd settle for house arrest and his not being able to hold any office, since his fans, including his supreme court fans, want him to be above the law. Sad for America unless justice is served.

The media is not to blame. If the media goes away, the adoration for Trump from the extreme right will continue without a pause. They will continue to go to his rallied and spew hate against the left and the left will continue to worry about him getting reelected.

This would happen even if the media would not touch him at all.
Donald's relationship with the media is a factor in his appeal. He plays the media very skillfully. He uses the media to get attention and name recognition. Every time someone repeats his name, he makes money. That is why I never say his last name. After years of botched business ventures Donald figured out he could simply sell his name. He once said: "It doesn't matter if media stories about you are bad. The important part is you get your name in the news. That's the value. Whatever the bad part of the story is, people will forget, but they will remember your name."

If the media went away (which of course is not happening) it would hurt Donald a lot. If that includes social media, it would hurt him tremendously.

Donald has figured out how to profit simply from having notoriety. He acts like an immature jerk, gets attention and notoriety. Notoriety has value in capitalism. All he has to do is keep being outrageous. He gets more attention, more value. He is out of control. He's very bad for society. He exemplifies the worst of human nature. I'm glad he got so powerful that he thought he could just break any law. Absolute power does go to the head. Hopefully he will go to trial, be found guilty, go to prison, and lose his ability to make public statements. That will be a fitting end to this era and hopefully a warning to any who get the idea they should follow in his footsteps.

What would make America greater would be to get our sensibilities back and get beyond this Donald bad behavior fad. He really has been a terrible influence on our country. I look forward to talking about his grip on our nation in the past tense.

If he would **** off and retire abroad, I wouldn't talk about him much other than to say WTF about the whole debacle from time to time.

Reminds me of the phrase "rent free".

If that is the case, then you are not worried about the future of this county. I am worried.
Which is it? Are people worried about the future of the country, or do they want to snort Trump media?

Back
Top Bottom