• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Was interning the Japanese during WW2 the right response? [W:377]

Did FDR get it right?

• Yes

Votes: 8 8.4%
  • No

Votes: 84 88.4%
  • I don't know

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Re: Was interning the Japanese during WW2 the right response?

I didn't say "without Wall Street the Nazis wouldn't have risen to power or started World War II", what I said was, "I'm sorry, but I think WWII wouldn't have been necessary if Wall Street hadn't funded the friggen Nazis in the first place!"

All of my links support the second bolded part of your quote, which is the same as Wall Street elites funding Nazis. That happened, you cannot deny that. Downplay it if you want (I find it hilarious you try to make the Nazis sound respectable by calling them by their initials, and kind of disgusting).

Okay, I was mistaken on the chronology part. The militarism of Japan was boosted by European militarism, however.

I'm a second generation American with a tiny family because my ancestors burned in the ovens of Auschwitz you immature clown. I use the term NSDAP because the specific terminology allows an accurate reference to the rise of the Nazi political establishment.

""I'm sorry, but I think WWII wouldn't have been necessary if Wall Street hadn't funded the friggen Nazis in the first place!""

Explain to me how that isn't an argument for the position that without the influence of 'Wall Street' the Second World War wouldn't have occurred? I was paraphrasing but that looks like exactly what you're proposing.

If you're merely asserting that there were nefarious ties between industrialists in the United States and fascists in Germany than you'll get no opposition from me.

Stop downplaying disgusting treasonous war crimes.

The topic of this thread.

It caused them to escalate into... forcing the US to detain Japanese Americans? You aren't being very clear. State plainly what you mean please.

From my quote, the part you missed,

Everyone makes mistakes.

This is all you guys got? Try harder. Point out where I am defending the Japanese Imperial Fascist war criminals.

Your entire post's rational is, "well, Japanese people(on the home islands) had ever right to hate america because Americans put Japanese(Japanese Americans) in detainment camps. That excuses everything they did because of the US government's "fascist treatment" of the Japanese Americans.

Furthermore, your Nazis= Wall Street analogy is also sketchy at best.

Stop downplaying disgusting treasonous war crimes.

They didn't commit treason as there was no ongoing war. It was morally reprehensible with an interesting, but marginal, impact on the actual rise of the NSDAP as a coherent and strong political organization.

It caused them to escalate into... forcing the US to detain Japanese Americans? You aren't being very clear. State plainly what you mean please.

Nfwb2x5.gif

Then enlighten me. I don't think anyone clearly understands the point you are trying to make. What did this activity on the part of the Nazis and the US states involved in these programs influence Japan to do? What did it cause them to escalate?

Kure would have had at least the same psychological impact. Just fewer civilian casualties.

It might have been harder to fight on but I think the Japanese would have tried. It took the combined physiological force of both Hiroshima and Nagasaki to end the war.

Did Franklin Roosevelt get it right in regards to interning 110,000 Japanese Americans? Was it based on war hysteria? Fear? Racism?

I believe the Roosevelt administration had it right based on the intelligence at the time. It was to prevent the threat of 5th Column activity and espionage. The fact is many of those interned were not even Japanese Americans, many were allowed to voluntarily leave the camp early and many did while many stayed voluntarily.

Going by U.S. intelligence, the Japanese were infiltrating/breaching our defense and recruiting Japanese Americans and ethnic Japanese residents. I'm sure some of the reasoning to intern the Japanese was racist, but I believe the majority of it was based on sound and objective reasoning.

US Citizens, no.

Enemy aliens in the US (Japanese/German/Italian), absolutely. It would have been insane not to.

It was morally reprehensible with an interesting, but marginal, impact on the actual rise of the NSDAP as a coherent and strong political organization.

You did not see the dozen links I posted detailing professional queries into the evolution of the German Eugenics Program from American eugenicists and Wall Street elites? It formed the core of their most evil characteristic: GENOCIDE.

Nazi eugenics

FDR was right. All that touchy-feely crap I am reading now is a typical post-fact PC crap. It feels good, but it's still crap. If the Japs were so loyal and so American, would you let them:

1. Work building war ships?
2. Be part of the top command?
2. Work on Project Manhattan?
3. Plan both nuclear attacks?
4. Fly Enola Gay to make the drop?

Luckily, neither FDR nor Truman consulted with any of you.

Once again: 442nd Regiment.

More then 9,000 Purple Hearts.

What have you done for America?

It might have been harder to fight on but I think the Japanese would have tried. It took the combined physiological force of both Hiroshima and Nagasaki to end the war.

That is debatable at best. We do know that Japan wanted peace, and was looking to negotiate a surrender(not total) at the time the bombs where dropped. Again, speculation is all we have as to what would have happened in other scenarios.

Then enlighten me. I don't think anyone clearly understands the point you are trying to make. What did this activity on the part of the Nazis and the US states involved in these programs influence Japan to do? What did it cause them to escalate?

Answer this question: "What is the topic of this thread"?

Once again: 442nd Regiment.

More then 9,000 Purple Hearts.

What have you done for America?

Don't forget the Military Intelligence Service. MIS fought in the Pacific theater, and many had to deal with getting fired on by Americans because they looked, well, Japanese.

You did not see the dozen links I posted detailing professional queries into the evolution of the German Eugenics Program from American eugenicists and Wall Street elites? It formed the core of their most evil characteristic: GENOCIDE.

Oh the Eugenics Movement in the United States had a major impact on European 'Race Science'. But the core contention that the war wouldn't have happened without 'Wall Street' is wrong. While the impact of the movement is hard to quantify we can at least be sure that there isn't anything in the history of the NSDAP to indicate that it relied on it for its rise to power. Furthermore the NSDAP was predated by racist parties like the DNVP, the Steel Helmets, etc and while the Eugenics Movement had a major impact on the refinement of Nazi thought I don't think even its most strident advocates insist that German anti-semitism has its genesis in the movement.

That is debatable at best. We do know that Japan wanted peace, and was looking to negotiate a surrender(not total) at the time the bombs where dropped. Again, speculation is all we have as to what would have happened in other scenarios.

That's true. Still, all in all, much less of a bloodbath then an invasion would have been.

Answer this question: "What is the topic of this thread"?

Whether or not it was justifiable to intern Japanese Americans for the duration of World War II based upon the intelligence allegedly available to US authorities. Feel free to elaborate on what I'm missing from your point.

Oh the Eugenics Movement in the United States had a major impact on European 'Race Science'. But the core contention that the war wouldn't have happened without 'Wall Street' is wrong. While the impact of the movement is hard to quantify we can at least be sure that there isn't anything in the history of the NSDAP to indicate that it relied on it for its rise to power. Furthermore the NSDAP was predated by racist parties like the DNVP, the Steel Helmets, etc and while the Eugenics Movement had a major impact on the refinement of Nazi thought I don't think even its most strident advocates insist that German anti-semitism has its genesis in the movement.

Cool story bro, but nobody is claiming what you are claiming they are claiming in this entire post.

That's true. Still, all in all, much less of a bloodbath then an invasion would have been.

That is without question. The invasion would have been an absolute nightmare.

Don't forget the Military Intelligence Service. MIS fought in the Pacific theater, and many had to deal with getting fired on by Americans because they looked, well, Japanese.

Hazard of the occupation I guess:shock:

Whether or not it was justifiable to intern Japanese Americans for the duration of World War II based upon the intelligence allegedly available to US authorities. Feel free to elaborate on what I'm missing from your point.

See previous post.

many had to deal with getting fired on by Americans because they looked, well, Japanese.

That's ****ing racist!!!!!!!

Actually that shows pretty poor military command..

That is without question. The invasion would have been an absolute nightmare.

We're still using Purple Hearts created for Downfall casualties to this day :shock:

Cool story bro, but nobody is claiming what you are claiming they are claiming in this entire post.

Of course you are. You're asserting simultaneously that Wall Street was an essential element for the rise of the NSDAP and that the American Eugenics Movement was core to the race science of the Nazis and therefore core to their eventually genocidal mission. Both assertions are inaccurate and gross oversimplifications.

Back
Top Bottom