• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Walker Withdraws Trump Endorsement

Walker Withdraws Trump Endorsement

yeah, that endorsement was taking time away from his quest to blame all of society's ills on middle class union labor. **** them both.

"Scott Walker has said that he would support Donald Trump if he were the nominee, but the Wisconsin governor backed away from that pledge in the wake of Trump's racial attack on the federal judge overseeing a lawsuit against Trump University. Trump said the judge, an American citizen born in Indiana, was biased against him because "he's a Mexican.""It's just sad in America that we have such poor choices right now," Scott Walkertold a reporter from Wisconsin's WKOW on Tuesday. The news station reported that Walker "wouldn't say that whether would continue to endorse him going forward."
Scott Walker Withdraws Support from Trump | The Weekly Standard

Gov. Walker's mistake was, as a conservative, ever endorsing the liberal fraud Donald Trump.

While I don't feel Trump is particularly conservative, what exactly makes him a "liberal"?

Sounds like a coup attempt is being planned for the convention. Scott Walker for president.

It's funny he was an early favorite of mine right from the beginning. I was surprised he did so poorly in the primary (because does so well fighting for his causes) and got out so quickly. Unless Walker is a political Genius and saw the writing on the wall before all the SH*T hit the fan, I don't see it happening. The only one who has a network capable of causing some chaos at the convention is Cruz. The libertarians won't even be a bother so it's up to the party. They can easily toss the rule book out and do whatever they want. But will they? That is a growing question now. I see Trump has been pretty silent since all this has started.... But I am not fooled by him, never was. These people tried to like him, tried to listen to him, and tried to endorse him. Now it's poorly made house of cards is collapsing under his own words. This needs to be fixed ASAP! I say #dumptrump.

While I don't feel Trump is particularly conservative, what exactly makes him a "liberal"?
Supports subsidizing Planned Parenthood, supports federal increase in minimum wage, higher taxes, liberal trade restrictions, federal universal healthcare, gun control, increasing use of iminent domain, more restrictions on free speech. Of course, this is based on what he's said since he's never done much and he lies constantly.

My personal favorite is his statement that the H-B1 visas are bad for the workers, bad for the economy, bad for the country but he'll keep using them until the government makes him stop. What's more liberal than having that sort of sense of responsibility?

"Scott Walker has said that he would support Donald Trump if he were the nominee, but the Wisconsin governor backed away from that pledge in the wake of Trump's racial attack on the federal judge overseeing a lawsuit against Trump University. Trump said the judge, an American citizen born in Indiana, was biased against him because "he's a Mexican.""It's just sad in America that we have such poor choices right now," Scott Walkertold a reporter from Wisconsin's WKOW on Tuesday. The news station reported that Walker "wouldn't say that whether would continue to endorse him going forward."

Gov. Walker's mistake was, as a conservative, ever endorsing the liberal fraud Donald Trump.

:lol: Has anybody ever walked back an endorsement before?

Trump could possibly be an authoritarian liberal. But really I don't see him having a political edge. It's too easy to spot his pandering enough as to conclude that the man has no political convictions or values to fall back on. Never has! Although, I guess you could say that he lives a pretty clean lifestyle (does not drink or party hard) despite the Sh*t that flies out of his mouth.

I am not quite sure how any of Trumps followers can still be pretending he is not a racist.

I remember the right wing complaining how inexperienced Obama was. They have elected a man with less experience than Obama, and with less experience than anybody in history running for the White House.... WTF

I remember the right wing complaining how inexperienced Obama was. They have elected a man with less experience than Obama, and with less experience than anybody in history running for the White House.... WTF

Trump hangs out with politicians therefore by osmosis he can become a politician! Trump's a genius! TRUMP 2016!!!!!! \sarcasm

I agree completely. One illustration of this is that he refuses to make even a token apology to that hispanic federal judge. Gosh, was I hoping that he would make even a muted apology.

That and claiming he is the smartest, greatest or whatever other BS he spews out.

Some people's understanding of politics is binary. I suppose that helps them simplify things: just arbitrarily credit anything you don't like to the 'other' side.

Trump has finally managed to completely alienate the GOP and over half the nation. Now replace "GOP and half the nation" with "our allies and partners on the world stage" and you have a notion of what we can expect when Trump brings his temperament to the White House.

Trump has finally managed to completely alienate the GOP and over half the nation. Now replace "GOP and half the nation" with "our allies and partners on the world stage" and you have a notion of what we can expect when Trump brings his temperament to the White House.

We don't have any partners on the world stage that trust us now. Trump couldn't do much worse. But you can be sure no more agreements limiting sovereignty of our water rights or disarming all citizen would be signed, both UN brainstorms about these issues have been signed on to.

Does anyone really care what Walker thinks?

We don't have any partners on the world stage that trust us now. Trump couldn't do much worse. But you can be sure no more agreements limiting sovereignty of our water rights or disarming all citizen would be signed, both UN brainstorms about these issues have been signed on to.

But, of course, we actually do have partners who trust us.

Japan, for starters. Germany. Australia.

Shall I go on?

No, no, no. You forget. Ever since Obama took office, every other country in the world hates us. We were way more beloved under George W. Bush.

That and claiming he is the smartest, greatest or whatever other BS he spews out.

That does not bother me much as many national and state level politicians have the same characteristic. High levle politics is simply not for the modest, regardless of political orientation.

That does not bother me much as many national and state level politicians have the same characteristic. High levle politics is simply not for the modest, regardless of political orientation.

True but Trump really is on a completely different level.

Walker withdraws the endorsement, others aren't so sure about supporting Trump, or downright refuse. This is exactly what I said would happen.
Now that the queen is the official nominee, the Trumpster deflates and paves the way for the queen to take the throne.
Told you so.

The GOP has proven over the last 20+ years it don't give a rats ass about Working Class, Blue Collar Republicans. They take the side of the rich and the Corps. every single time against the working man. Taxes, illegal immigrants, trade agreements that move American jobs overseas, the GOP have proven it is no friend of the working class. So I have NO problem with Working Class Republicans giving the finger to the establishment GOP.

But Trump ain't the guy to look to. He's pissed on the working man, and small businesses his whole life.

Of all the things about this Trump revolution, that's the point that confuses me the most. That many of his supporters are looking to him to fight for the working man? Ain't gonna happen. Not Trump, he's made it clear how much he worships profits and greed, at the expense of everything else.

Obama was elected (at first anyway) because he wanted to "change the way Washington works". He not only didn't change it but became one of the best Washington insiders the country has ever seen. People have voted for Trump because he wants to change the way Washington works. So, in effect the Republican voters are just dittoing what the Democratic voters wanted themselves eight years ago. Voters on both sides are sick and tired of the establishment insider game playing and being bought and paid for by lobbyists and Wall Street. If I were Hillary I wouldn't take being up against Trump lightly. Why do you think Bernie has done so well?

In the spirit of current events, I seem to remember someone else who called himself the greatest and it didn't work out so badly for him. He was.

Back
Top Bottom