• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:778] (Bloomberg Law) Trump Bond Reduced to $175 Million as He Appeals NY Fine

That knowledge is not reflected in the way you talk about real estate.

(I know everything about real estate, so I know these things.)

Sure you do, and it's so reflected in your ad hominem replies to anyone who refutes your nonsense.
Lesson number one:
Typically, and most always, an appraisal value and market value are like comparing apples to oranges. They aren't even mentioned in the same ballpark.

So trying to suggest that a nearby property sold for such and such, therefore Mar a Lago is worth as much if not more is a wasted effort.
Heck, I've even seen Trumpers pointing at a .25-acre residential lot and multiplying that value by MAL's acreage.

Real estate silliness. But everyone's an expert when it comes to defending the fraudster.

are you really suggesting the banks were out of money ? please
So every bank in the nation can lend infinite money?

That sucks. One of my best turndown lines -- when a guy asks me for a loan -- is "I don't have it to lend."

if they're giving loans at 1.9% and someone wanted a bad credit loan that would have been 5.9 % for them why isn't that a crime ?
I've got no idea what you're talking about. Do you?

he didn't make any money illegally
$450M or so illegal money.
he took a loan that the bank researched and decided to give to him based on certain terms that Trump agreed with, they signed ... the bank made money, Trump was happy, banks were happy
You don't know what you're talking about.

You're arguing that it should be just fine for all of us to lie on our loan applications.

You don't know what you're talking about.

go for it and if they agree and you get fantastic loan details good for you
Nah. There are laws against it. One day I might be facing a $450M disgorgement.

But you lie to your bank, claiming you are worth 20X the real number. Go for it.
you and the bank made the deal - has nothing to do with me, I'm not "losing" anything on a deal you and a bank made
Not unless you're a legitimate business person. Or a stockholder in the bank. Or the state. Or a person who cares about basic integrity and moral behavior.

of course he did, I think that's been proven and I think most business loans/deals are very similar
Nope. Trump was outrageous with his fraud.

If he'd only 'fudged' the numbers, he would have gotten away with it.

I don't anyone here has made many business deals and understand how it all works
You told me in an earlier thread that you'd have no idea how to figure out your net worth.

So every bank in the nation can lend infinite money?

That sucks. One of my best turndown lines -- when a guy asks me for a loan -- is "I don't have it to lend."

Are you saying the banks that loaned Trump the money magically ran out of money to loan ? c'mon man

You're arguing that it should be just fine for all of us to lie on our loan applications.

I didn't say that at all.

Go back, reread everything.

What I've said is fine him $500,000 and lets move on. No victims here, the banks make exactly the money they expected to when they signed the loans/deals. period, end of story

Nah. There are laws against it. One day I might be facing a $450M disgorgement.

But you lie to your bank, claiming you are worth 20X the real number. Go for it.

you will NEVER be looked at by an AG or judge on a business deal. NEVER EVER EVER

Trump stole tens of millions from the banks.

100% absolutely did NOT and you know it, please stop spreading false information

Could the banks have made more lending to other people are higher rates? Yes, they can gig borrowers for 2X or 3X or more the interest rates if the borrowers will sign the papers and make the deals, sure. But they didn't do that here, they made the deal they thought was best and guess what ?

They were right, Trump paid it back exactly like the deal said. Winner Winner for the banks !

What does matter is if someone way overvalues their property the people doing their own appraisal will reject it.
500 shell companies. It would take years and many subpoenas for a bank to figure out Trump's true net worth.

You probably should take a class or two on real estate investments just to get started, and learn a tax assessor valuation is typically less than what a property would command on the open market.
Yikes. Is that what you think 'knowing about real estate' is?

That's RE 101, for absolute beginners.

Night school stuff.

You told me in an earlier thread that you'd have no idea how to figure out your net worth.

I couldn't tell you withing $100,000

I own quite a bit of property, if I sell it 20% more than what is fair market value its worth way more than if I could only get 20% less than what I'd consider fair market value

One piece I paid $127,000 for and I know I can get $160,000 out of it and I'd list it for $200,000 .......... see how that works? and if I sectioned it into 5 acre parcels, I might get as much as $300,000 for it

its only as good as what someone will pay me but if I'm maximizing my assets to get a loan? I'm going to say I'm subdividing, and its a $300,000 piece of property you darn right. Nobody can tell me its not worth that. Now I might never subdivide it .... but the value still remains

Sure you do, and it's so reflected in your ad hominem replies to anyone who refutes your nonsense.
That's an ad hominem.
Lesson number one:
Typically, and most always, an appraisal value and market value are like comparing apples to oranges. They aren't even mentioned in the same ballpark.
If you want to learn about real estate, ask me questions. Don't preach stuff that every elementary schoolchild already knows.

(Plus, you seem to be confusing 'appraiser' with 'assessor'. Look the words up.)

Yikes. Is that what you think 'knowing about real estate' is?

That's RE 101, for absolute beginners.

Night school stuff.

I'm still not seeing any of them explain why an appraiser would erase well over 1 billion in value in order to get less taxes from the owner.

Are you saying the banks that loaned Trump the money magically ran out of money to loan ? c'mon man
Banks have limited loan money, yes. At least, so far as I know.
What I've said is fine him $500,000 and lets move on.
If I can steal $500M and only be fined $0.5M... why wouldn't I steal all the time?

Do you think a society will work if everyone can steal all the time?
No victims here,
Many victims. Massive money lost.
the banks make exactly the money they expected to when they signed the loans/deals. period, end of story
Right. Because they were defrauded. Yes.
you will NEVER be looked at by an AG or judge on a business deal. NEVER EVER EVER
So no one is ever investigated and charged with fraud?

Are you sure? Seems like I read news stories about it every day.
100% absolutely did NOT and you know it, please stop spreading false information
Says the guy who is standing the world on its head with his false information.
Could the banks have made more lending to other people are higher rates?
Yes.
Yes, they can gig borrowers for 2X or 3X or more the interest rates if the borrowers will sign the papers and make the deals, sure.
In other words, if the borrower tells the truth. Yes.
They were right, Trump paid it back exactly like the deal said. Winner Winner for the banks !
Except for the massive losses they took... yeah.

Last edited:
I couldn't tell you withing $100,000
My point is that you 1) don't know how to figure your net worth and 2) are claiming that the other people here are the ones who are ignorant of business.

(A business person knows how to figure his net worth. He does it all the time.)
I own quite a bit of property, if I sell it 20% more than what is fair market value its worth way more than if I could only get 20% less than what I'd consider fair market value

One piece I paid $127,000 for and I know I can get $160,000 out of it and I'd list it for $200,000 .......... see how that works? and if I sectioned it into 5 acre parcels, I might get as much as $300,000 for it

its only as good as what someone will pay me but if I'm maximizing my assets to get a loan? I'm going to say I'm subdividing, and its a $300,000 piece of property you darn right. Nobody can tell me its not worth that. Now I might never subdivide it .... but the value still remains
If you claim that your 100 acres is actually 100 one-acre parcels, then you are defrauding the bank.

You have to compare it to other 100-acre tracts, not to developed subdivisions with 100 one-acre lots.

This is how the world works. I'm sorry if that doesn't fit with your view of the world.

And this is essentially what Trump did and why he lost the case.

I'm still not seeing any of them explain why an appraiser would erase well over 1 billion in value in order to get less taxes from the owner.
It's a perplexing world when Trump adorers try to explain it to us.

Banks have limited loan money, yes. At least, so far as I know.

so you are saying the bank that leant Trump the money was out of money when they did it - they loaned all their money to him ? please - that's silly

If I can steal $500M and only be fined $0.5M... why wouldn't I steal all the time?
irrelevant, Trump stole nothing

Do you think a society will work if everyone can steal all the time?

Many victims. Massive money lost.
irrelevant, the banks lost no money at all, the loans were paid back in full and on time were they not ?

Except for the massive losses they took... yeah.
they got exactly what they signed the deal on didn't they ?

so you are saying the bank that leant Trump the money was out of money when they did it - they loaned all their money to him ? please - that's silly

irrelevant, the banks lost no money at all, the loans were paid back in full and on time were they not ?

You come across like a sovcit insisting they were travelling, not driving, even while handcuffed and heading to the local jail for refusing to provide ID.

What do you get out of this? It's not as though your spiel is helping Trump in court.

so you are saying the bank that leant Trump the money was out of money when they did it - they loaned all their money to him ?
Yes. They gave him their last nickel. Yep.
$450M... and that number is way low.
At least $450M
irrelevant, the banks lost no money at all,
The banks lost tens of millions of dollars.
the loans were paid back in full and on time were they not ?
Yep. At $450M less than they should have been.
Yes, the banks only got what they signed for, not what they deserved.

Just read the case.

Back
Top Bottom