• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:284] Trump says jail time to defend free speech is 'sacrifice' he's willing to make

I think many are aware, I certainly am. However, I feel strongly the judge cannot consider the political ramifications. Trump cannot be allowed to do what others cannot. Let the chips fall where they may.
No
At LEAST 70% of all congressional members would be in jail if they applied the same "go get him!!" prosecutorial zeal to them as Trump.
Biden would most definitely be on trial also.
If Trump wasn't running, this trial wouldn't even be taking place and everyone with a brain that is unmucked up with their own TDS knows it.

Particularly when he was busy trying to fill the swamp with his own swamp creatures.
You mean like Podesta, Blinken, GHarland, Thibault, Strzok, Weissman, Comey, McCabe, Clapper, Brennan, FaceBook etc.?

I'm supposed to know who he is/was? WHERE do you come up with this garbage? What an off the wall post
You already forgot about Babbitt?

LOL.

GOP Martyrs have a VERY short lifespan.

You already forgot about Babbitt?

LOL.

GOP Martyrs have a VERY short lifespan.
I don't care to engage with you any longer. I find you extremely anno=ying to put it mildly. I find you offer nothing and bring nothing to the table.

• At LEAST 70% of all congressional members would be in jail if they applied the same "go get him!!" prosecutorial zeal to them as Trump.
  • Biden would most definitely be on trial also.
  • If Trump wasn't running, this trial wouldn't even be taking place and everyone with a brain that is unmucked up with their own TDS knows it.
Three utter falsehoods in one post. I've made them a list for you.

Ya see, indictments require probable cause that a named crime was committed. And "jail" then requires proof beyond a reasonable doubt that the crime was committed. You're just throwing shit at the wall, not bothering to even mention any crime.

I don't care to engage with you any longer. I find you extremely anno=ying to put it mildly. I find you offer nothing and bring nothing to the table.
So now you're mad because you forgot about Babbitt already.

Say what you want about Trump but the man has brass balls. Is this why the whiney little Liberals are afraid of him? (but... but... but... Trump said he can't testify!!) :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Former President Trump said he'd make the "sacrifice" of going to jail to defend free speech amid his trial in Manhattan where the 45th president is under a gag order that he has slammed as "unconstitutional."

"I have to watch every word I tell you people. You ask me a question, a simple question I'd like to give it, but I can't talk about it because this judge has given me a gag order and [says] you'll go to jail if you violate it," Trump said in remarks outside the courtroom Monday afternoon.

click for story
What TFG is saying, reading between the lines, is that he knows his cult is too dumb to realize that he can say whatever he wants EXCEPT mentioning the jury, court staff, witnesses and prosecutors. That is the standard rule in gag orders in every court and every defendant must abide by it, former president or gang member alike. He is able to say whatever else he feels like, lies or not, and the gag order will not apply. I would hope you know that and are only posting this to those cultists who will believe it just because TFG said it.

No I did not, go ahead and search it and you will find other posts where I have said that.
You can also find plenty of post where I say I wish he didn't run.
We desperately need a unifier. Trump and Biden are both extremely divisive. Both of them shouldn't be on the ticket.
But I understand your need to believe that I do.
Trump is the divider. Biden is the uniter. No matter what we might disagree on policies we all are Americans and we want America to survive. We can unite behind Biden on that.

No
At LEAST 70% of all congressional members would be in jail if they applied the same "go get him!!" prosecutorial zeal to them as Trump.
Biden would most definitely be on trial also.
If Trump wasn't running, this trial wouldn't even be taking place and everyone with a brain that is unmucked up with their own TDS knows it.

Where do you get the 70% figure from? Can we see some support for that?

If evidence can be uncovered for Congresspeople the way evidence was uncovered against Trump, YES, they should be indicted. Period.

As for that last sentence, you have it backward. Trump announced VERY early in order to avoid prosecution he already knew was coming. Nobody knew at that point he was running at all. DeSantis' name was huge at that time as the GOP proposed candidate.

It was a beer party that some crazies crashed is all. An army of Libs of DP couldn't take on even one of them, unless the wore masks (like they always do) and were armed and most aren't because they don't know how to use a gun. It scares them.

what the hell are you babbling about lol.

It was a beer party that some crazies crashed is all. An army of Libs of DP couldn't take on even one of them, unless the wore masks (like they always do) and were armed and most aren't because they don't know how to use a gun. It scares them.
Just "a kegger that got out of hand", eh?

Michael Steele
Joe Scarborough
Nicolle Wallace
David Jolly
John Kasich
George Conway
Many more
Joe Scarborough? Now that one made me laugh out loud. I wonder what the people around me thought. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Joe Scarborough? Now that one made me laugh out loud. I wonder what the people around me thought. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
You seem to be confusing populism with conservativism.

Three utter falsehoods in one post. I've made them a list for you.

Ya see, indictments require probable cause that a named crime was committed. And "jail" then requires proof beyond a reasonable doubt that the crime was committed. You're just throwing shit at the wall, not bothering to even mention any crime.
:rolleyes:

The irony of you questioning "real" sources when you erroneously claim CNN paid Sandmann $275MM. They did not. What source did you use for that false information?
OIC, you want to split hairs. He sued for $275 million but the actual amount settled was not made public. How is that? I guess that makes CNN a little more honest huh?

Where do you get the 70% figure from? Can we see some support for that?

If evidence can be uncovered for Congresspeople the way evidence was uncovered against Trump, YES, they should be indicted. Period.

As for that last sentence, you have it backward. Trump announced VERY early in order to avoid prosecution he already knew was coming. Nobody knew at that point he was running at all. DeSantis' name was huge at that time as the GOP proposed candidate.
b8dbda95b308ff72d2c4cbf4a084affd.png

I'm kind of fascinated.

It's a stunt, and Trump (I believe) is assuming Merchan will be afraid to go through with it because it would make a Mandela out of him (Trump).

So I'm wondering how Trump will react if Merchan does go through with it. Trump won't be able to sound off hourly in prison (correct?). Afterward he'd be able to freak out all over social media but would he, considering how he'd been deprived of his favorite lifeline, social media? Would he be willing to risk that again?

I feel Merchan isn't one to put to the test this way. That dude doesn't **** around.

Things are getting interesting.
After today's testimony, I'd be surprised if Trump doesn't act out and test Merchan's warning.

Decaf? Don't know what to tell you.

Any source that provides you with basic facts. You aren't getting them from Fox and the like.

MSNBC has a number of conservative voices by the way, they have Nicole Wallace, for example, who was George W Bush's communications director, and Joe Scarborough, who was a conservative Republican Reoresentative.
When someone says Joe Scarborough it never fails to make me laugh out loud. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I can just imagine someone sitting in front of their TV and watching this ass clown and lapping it all up. That's just comedy gold.

Back
Top Bottom