• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W: #255] The hypocrisy of most trans opponents

According to her, that is not a man, since they do not produce the gamete, despite having the XY combination. Others disagree claiming that the XY is the determination even though they would treat that man as a woman if they ever met the person on the street. Still others will claim that there is only man or woman, and yet call this person an anomaly or mutation, which means neither man nor woman, but can't seem to understand that means a third sex, unless they are claiming the person has no sex which I doubt.

They do though. They often have internal testes.

They do though. They often have internal testes.
Having testes doesn't mean they are functional, as is too often the case. IIRC, often they only partly shift from gonads to testies. My main point is that opponents like her want to use that criteria, and then still call certain individuals "man" even when they don't fit that criteria. Not that she or they could ever know whether or not an individual could produce the aforementioned gametes.

Learning them is the point. The folks doing this are narcissists and they demand that others focus on their supposed identities to feed their narcissism. If one navel-gazes endlessly, contemplating one's feelings constantly, it helps make one feel better to have others pay attention to that. It affords justification. This third party is listening to me and doing what I say - I am important, I am the focus.

The projection is strong with this paragraph. Where was the outrage about transgender people before Fox and others on the right made it a cornerstone of their nonsense culture war,. despite the fact that transgender people existed openly for 70 years prior? Were you equally outraged then or just when Fox told you to be outraged?
They constantly say how minimal this is - all you have to do is just use my pronoun. Why is that so hard for you? Well, when I have to wonder as to each person's peccadillo or preference -- when I have to have a process every time I meet someone to ask for and then log their pronoun - and technically I'm told that for each person, those pronouns can change regularly with or without notice to me - then, yes, it adds up to a load of responsibility on my part. And, you see these demands in each interaction that goes viral, where someone berates a minimum wage clerical or fast food worker for not getting the pronouns right.

I have yet to ever meet these people, in over 30+ years. I know a grand total of 4 nonbinary people who use They/Them. Only one of them personally.
It gets down to - to put it indelicately - we don't have to give a flying **** about your stupid-ass pronouns. Sorry to say it, folks, but that's the reality. Yes, people want to be courteous to you. People want to be polite. Most people don't really want to rock the boat. But, this is beyond the pale now. You're not asking for us to accommodate 1/2 of 1% of the population who has an issue and politely asks to be referred to in a certain manner.
Cheesuz Rice. :LOL: The world is going to end because of pronouns for less than 1/4 of 1%.

I am at the point of wondering if this is performance satire or maybe you are actually serious about this almost nonexistent issue.

We're being asked to upend and modify our interactions with 99.5% of the population in order to cater to that 1/2 of 1%. That isn't fair.

I never got this memo or have ever heard anything so insane from the HRC or anyone else in the LGBTQ community. Maybe if I went to the Pride weekend I might know about it.

When exactly did ignorance and bigotry become something to be proud of?
Ignorance and bigotry toward a purely ideological concept it doesn't really exist. There is no need to learn new pronouns because they don't need to exist.

I, me, you, them, they, yourself, myself, themselves, it, that, he, she, her, his, as well as other common English pronouns are all that's needed.

To create your own special language to describe yourself as though you and yourself are not adequate is narcissism and bigotry to the extreme.

Do you think that you're this magical New Creation that requires these new words is absurd narcissistic self-absorbed thinking.

You can call me a bigot for pointing this out but that only shows that you don't like being called out for the crazy shit you believe.

You have to insist that you can see the emperor's new clothes and that you are sophisticated when the emperors just naked.

Whenever anybody makes an issue of their pronoun I just stick with using their name.
Not me. Whenever is somebody thinks that they can tell me how I must speak about them I automatically write them off as insufferable narcissistic self-centered douchebags because that's what they are.

If you don't think the language is adequate to describe you that's because you think you're more special than everyone else.
Xandar likes fish and Xandar works well... instead of Xandar likes fish and he/she/they works well...
My response to this would be **** Xander and the horse "ze" wrote in on
Why bother with some stupid pronoun,,,
I'm just going to speak normally if I'm going to use a common pronoun and someone gets a bee in their bonnet about it they can ****ing deal with it.

If they're too fragile for this world they can **** right off.

I'll be polite up until the point someone demands me refer to them a certain way that is outside of normal English.

It's like the Spanish names I don't same with the Spanish accent I don't say German names of the German accent if this offends these people they can eat shit and die.

Learning them is the point. The folks doing this are narcissists and they demand that others focus on their supposed identities to feed their narcissism. If one navel-gazes endlessly, contemplating one's feelings constantly, it helps make one feel better to have others pay attention to that. It affords justification. This third party is listening to me and doing what I say - I am important, I am the focus.

They constantly say how minimal this is - all you have to do is just use my pronoun. Why is that so hard for you? Well, when I have to wonder as to each person's peccadillo or preference -- when I have to have a process every time I meet someone to ask for and then log their pronoun - and technically I'm told that for each person, those pronouns can change regularly with or without notice to me - then, yes, it adds up to a load of responsibility on my part. And, you see these demands in each interaction that goes viral, where someone berates a minimum wage clerical or fast food worker for not getting the pronouns right.

It gets down to - to put it indelicately - we don't have to give a flying **** about your stupid-ass pronouns. Sorry to say it, folks, but that's the reality. Yes, people want to be courteous to you. People want to be polite. Most people don't really want to rock the boat. But, this is beyond the pale now. You're not asking for us to accommodate 1/2 of 1% of the population who has an issue and politely asks to be referred to in a certain manner. We're being asked to upend and modify our interactions with 99.5% of the population in order to cater to that 1/2 of 1%. That isn't fair.
You make a lot of good points here, and I absolutely agree it's 100% about forcing beliefs on people.

Because compelling speech is a compelling thought, you make someone recognize this nonsense identity you're making them conceptualize it.

It's like I have no concept of the color blorb but if your point to a color and say that that's a blorb and I will start thinking that that color is blorp it will even enter my mind as a different color.

This is exactly how I thought control works.

As far as pronounce go I'll be polite within reason. If you're a trans woman and you're making an attempt to present yourself as a woman I would probably refer to you as she just because that's the default setting.

But if you want me to refer to you they or xe you can **** right off.

If instead of being complacent with people telling you to use these pronouns you said you will be he or she or you will be asshole it would put a stop to this.

I see these pronouns don't need to exist because they don't describe anything. The concept of someone not being male or female is cognitive dissonance. No person born in the history of humanity has been capable of that. All intersex people are either male or female there is no third sex.

I'll be polite up until the point someone demands me refer to them a certain way that is outside of normal English.
This is all I really meant...

This is all I really meant...
Yeah I think most people are on board with that.

But for these activists that's not enough they don't want you to just lie about their sex they want you to believe it too.

Have you heard these people talking about if you're a straight man and you don't date a trans woman or you're a straight woman and you don't date a trans man that your transphobic? That's not because they want equality that's not because they want some sort of Rights that they're entitled to. That's because they demand that you will believe their delusion.

And this is how we wind up with people saying they're 4 year olds are transgender.

There has to be an end to the politeness and it's when you request me to believe in something that doesn't real.

Tell when someone does refer to be as them hell no. I'm not going to be polite to you at that point. Because such a person would be extending the same thing to me.

Some of these people will say their pronouns aren't preferred their mandatory, and that if you don't use their pronouns your pronouns will be was and were. That's not the least bit polite. It's not the least bit polite to tell somebody that they must change their sexual orientation to affirm someone else's identity.

Politeness is a two-way street and just like I would chew out Christians for telling me that I could change my sexual orientation if I wanted to I'm in a chew out trans people for saying the same damn thing to me.

I'm not saying you should adopt my approach to this I'm just explaining why I go from politeness to no longer being polite the way that threshold is.

Back
Top Bottom