• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:1, 10857] The Political Photo/Cartoon Thread XI

GMNQkX7aEAALmBk

1714405155353.png

1714404983966.png

In the Howard Stern interview with President Biden, the president recalled an incident about how he handled a bully when he was younger.​
As the the story he told Stern goes ...
"Anyway, they were up in the backyard. I walked out the yard with two of my friends, and this particular guy came up to me and smacked me and I,​
I hold my face and I came back across the fence into the kitchen. My grandfather was there and he says, once I said he hit me, and I walked in the​
pantry looked out on that avenue that, that alley and my mother said, "Joey, go back out there. I said, "Mom, he'll beat me up."​
She said, "Joe, I have a quarter."​
That was a big thing!​
"You go back out, but here's what you do, Joey, wait, he'll come back to you. As soon as he walks up to, you don't do a single thing except​
you got hit him right in the nose, Joe, in the nose."​
I was scared to death.​
She said, "So go out there, Joey."​
So I went out, scared to death. Got up across the little bank there. He walked up to me and I, all encouraged, I hit him right in his nose​
and it started bleeding. He went, "Oh!" and took off. I'm serious."​
The President went on to say that Keanu Reeves actually saw it happen and later told him ...
"You were the inspiration and model for my John Wick character." I'm serious. Reeves then told me "I also knew Cornpop and you turned his life​
around and he made basketball fame as Michael Jordan". That's something I never knew, Howard. No joke.​

When asked later about the age differences of the characters in that part of the interview that made the story impossible, Karine Jean-Pierre said​
the President was speaking metaphorically.
The interview has since undergone editing and the transcript has been revised.

Back
Top Bottom