• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

UMass Boston ditches ‘litmus test’ demand for new professors to back DEI

The very fact you admit DEI teaches that racism is systemic is proof positive right there that it does imply that whites are oppressors. In order for DEI to gain converts it must continuously promote this garbage thinking.

Any kind of systemic racism was done away with when the Civil Rights Act was voted into law, so you cant even prove that racism is baked into any institution. Did you even know that with the top ten poorest counties in the country, 60% of them are majority white? Yes, there are more poor whites than POCs out there, but no, this isnt reported by the MSM because it doesnt fit their narrative.

Blacks make up aboutc15% of our population. There are many more poor Whites than any other race but that’s to be expected as the majority of our population are White. It’s percentage that matters.

There are place, Appalachia springs to mind, where poor Whites far out number poor Blacks.

Poverty is the vastly major contributor to lack of opportunity in this nation, out stripping race ever more so since the sixties.

I disagree that we should blame whites collectively for systemic racism. It is a relative minority of people who are scheming to keep the black community living in ghettos and going to subpar schools.
Really? Who is it then? Could you post links that identify who they are?
You are simply denying the personal experience of millions of people. It is a fact that black criminals are arrested and sentenced disproportionately compared to white criminals. It is a fact that black women die at 4x the rate of white women during child birth. I’m not saying there’s a “racism department” that sits around coming up with ways to oppress black people, I’m saying that our system does not work the same for whites and blacks.
Anecdotes are not evidence. Please show proof that theres widespread racial bias.

Would it surprise you to know that most counties in America are majority white? Black people are disproportionately poorer per capita. Besidesm counties like Estill County Ky are so poor because the coal industry left. Black communities in New York, Chicago, and LA are poor despite the ample amount of opportunity within those cities.
Since there are more poorer whites, then how can you claim some blacks are poor because of racism?

This does not mean white people are evil, it means that we have work to do in order to create a more perfect union. DEI is simply preparing students to live in a multi-racial democracy like ours.
We are living in a multi racial society. More and more people are marrying between races, and this has been an upward trend without DEI mandates.

Yeah, anti-capitalists are not liberals. Any 6th grade civics class would tell you liberalism values open markets and human rights
In the context of the US, yes, they are liberals. They may not be "classic liberals" but they are "modern liberals".

Reactions: PoS
In the context of the US, yes, they are liberals. They may not be "classic liberals" but they are "modern liberals".
This is not true. Just because someone says they are something does not mean they are that thing. Liberalism by definition includes free markets. With this definition, no one who is anti-market is a liberal.

Really? Who is it then? Could you post links that identify who they are?
Robert Moses, who designed New York City highways
The efforts to stop school integration through bussing
The history of redlining that has created segregated communities across America
You could literally look up “systemic racism” and find however many examples you want. The people making these decisions were not idiots, they knew what they were doing.
Anecdotes are not evidence. Please show proof that theres widespread racial bias.
Statistics are not anecdotes. As I said, the disparity between white and black incarceration, childbirth mortality, income, and arrests all show a clear trend.
Since there are more poorer whites, then how can you claim some blacks are poor because of racism?
The claim is not some blacks are poor because of racism, the claim is that the U.S. institutions do not provide the same opportunity to black people as they do to white people. And it’s not “some black people”, all black people have to deal with racist systems and prejudice in America.
We are living in a multi racial society. More and more people are marrying between races, and this has been an upward trend without DEI mandates.
I feel like 60 years ago you’d be rambling about how civil rights for blacks is tyranny, and that you’ve got a right to a white community. I’m sure there are some legitimate concerns about DEI. I don’t think the answer is to remove it completely. Part of living in a multi-ethnic democracy is understanding how policies can harm one race of people more than another.

This is not true. Just because someone says they are something does not mean they are that thing. Liberalism by definition includes free markets. With this definition, no one who is anti-market is a liberal.
Really? What definition?

DEI isnt respecting others, its being racist to whites, Jews and Asians.

That is factually not true and there is zero evidence of it. There is no content in any DEI programs that says to be racist toward any group. You will never find an example of this but will continue to cry about something that you don’t have any understanding of.

Really? What definition?
Just google liberalism.

Many Americans connote liberals to be democrats, leftists, or progressives. The republican party is also a liberal party if you use the term in its broader context (as I do). Liberalism stems from enlightenment thinkers, such as John Locke, Rousseau, and Voltaire. This isn’t controversial, it’s just a straight up fact.

Robert Moses, who designed New York City highways
The efforts to stop school integration through bussing
The history of redlining that has created segregated communities across America
You could literally look up “systemic racism” and find however many examples you want. The people making these decisions were not idiots, they knew what they were doing.
Moses has been dead for over 40 years, and hes your master racist whose responsible for all the things happening today? These have got to be the dumbest links ever.

Statistics are not anecdotes. As I said, the disparity between white and black incarceration, childbirth mortality, income, and arrests all show a clear trend.
Stats are factual, anecdotes are not. Asians per capita earn more than whites do, so how can you claim there's racism on income? And please show proof that racism increases black childbrith mortality.

The claim is not some blacks are poor because of racism, the claim is that the U.S. institutions do not provide the same opportunity to black people as they do to white people. And it’s not “some black people”, all black people have to deal with racist systems and prejudice in America.
Bullshit. If blacks are poor because of racism then how come theres more poor whites? Its a question you cant answer.

I feel like 60 years ago you’d be rambling about how civil rights for blacks is tyranny, and that you’ve got a right to a white community. I’m sure there are some legitimate concerns about DEI. I don’t think the answer is to remove it completely. Part of living in a multi-ethnic democracy is understanding how policies can harm one race of people more than another.
Now youre making ad homs. I knew libs like you would eventually resort to such things when faced with facts. Everytime you lose the argument you cry racism.

cafe-liberal-playbook-1-ignore-facts-that-hurt-your-position-6506082.png

That is factually not true and there is zero evidence of it. There is no content in any DEI programs that says to be racist toward any group. You will never find an example of this but will continue to cry about something that you don’t have any understanding of.

LOL thanks for your self owange. :ROFLMAO:

Moses has been dead for over 40 years, and hes your master racist whose responsible for all the things happening today? These have got to be the dumbest links ever.

Stats are factual, anecdotes are not. Asians per capita earn more than whites do, so how can you claim there's racism on income? And please show proof that racism increases black childbrith mortality.

Bullshit. If blacks are poor because of racism then how come theres more poor whites? Its a question you cant answer.

Now youre making ad homs. I knew libs like you would eventually resort to such things when faced with facts. Everytime you lose the argument you cry racism.

There are factually no DEI programs that literally promote racism. You have not presented on iota of evidence of any of the material from these any of these programs that does this.

Less debate bro tactics, more logic please. Moses was an example (I know you know that word) of a person in power using an institution to enforce racism. The effects of red-lining, voter suppression, and policing are still being felt today. I understand that it’s hard for you to comprehend, but please think very hard about it.
Sorry, it was 2.6, not 4 times as likely to die. Really makes you think, huh? (two links here).

Don’t move the goalposts from systemic racism against blacks to asians earning more than whites. If you’re so curious about this stuff maybe you should take a class on it. If only there was a class where you learn about the facts and logic of systemic racism :unsure:
Sounds like you don’t understand how numbers work. 17% of black people is less than 8% of white people because there are more white people. Really not that complicated. You’ll see that half the people living under the poverty line are Native, Hispanic, or Black. I believe this is a larger number of people than 8% of whites.
Nope, I’m just impressed by your mental gymnastics. Thought you might be able to make nationals. I don’t think you’re racist, I think you are in deep denial about the hurdles set in place for non-whites in this country.

I love America, and I think it’s a great place for people to live. I think it can be a better place for more people by living up to the values enshrined in the constitution.
View attachment 67499413

There are factually no DEI programs that literally promote racism. You have not presented on iota of evidence of any of the material from these any of these programs that does this.
Racial quotas and exclusion of whites does promote racism, but of course youre a lib so its okay with you.

Less debate bro tactics, more logic please. Moses was an example (I know you know that word) of a person in power using an institution to enforce racism. The effects of red-lining, voter suppression, and policing are still being felt today. I understand that it’s hard for you to comprehend, but please think very hard about it.
BS, youre just pretending those things are some kind of government mandate even though its just a lie.

Don’t move the goalposts from systemic racism against blacks to asians earning more than whites. If you’re so curious about this stuff maybe you should take a class on it. If only there was a class where you learn about the facts and logic of systemic racism
Look, either whites are engaging in systemic racism or theyre not. Ive shown you statistical proof that a) Asians earn more per median b) there are more poor whites than blacks. Youve got nothing but hot air in reply. Its obvious youre allergic to facts and want to keep on harping about your racist DEI beliefs. Now we know who the real racist is.

Racial quotas and exclusion of whites does promote racism, but of course youre a lib so its okay with you.

BS, youre just pretending those things are some kind of government mandate even though its just a lie.

Look, either whites are engaging in systemic racism or theyre not. Ive shown you statistical proof that a) Asians earn more per median b) there are more poor whites than blacks. Youve got nothing but hot air in reply. Its obvious youre allergic to facts and want to keep on harping about your racist DEI beliefs. Now we know who the real racist is.

There are no such racial quotas. And providing opportunity to those who would have been denied does not promote racism. It is to counteract racism.

Actually I’d agree that racial quotas are racist. While it’s only one facet of DEI implementation, I understand why you find the underlying ideology dissuasive. In my view this is not a failure of the logic behind DEI, but the implementation of said logic.
Government mandate or not (bussing/re-districting is mandated), it represents the fact that our institutions have been used to persecute people on a racial basis. While these institutions are not inherently racist, the fact that they can be used to forward prejudiced policies shows the need for some level of reform.
Look, either whites are engaging in systemic racism or theyre not
Do you think I think white people all group together to decide what racist things to do? This is a complete straw man of my position. Institutions can be used, and have been used, to deny the same opportunity to blacks, hispanics, and native americans.
. Ive shown you statistical proof that a) Asians earn more per median
Asians are the most successful immigrant community in America. They also came to America of their own free will, not in chains. Asian communities (such as chinatown) provided immigrants with community support and some level of autonomy. Blacks were brought to America as slaves, then they were set free and told to pull themselves up by their ankle chains.
b) there are more poor whites than blacks.
In total, sure. But there is a higher amount of poor blacks per capita. You don’t seem to know what this means, so I’ll explain. Imagine you have 10 oatmeal cookies and 3 chocolate chip cookies. 1/3 of the oatmeal cookies are burnt, and 2/3 of the chocolate chip cookies are burnt. While it is true that there are more burnt oatmeal cookies, a higher number of chocolate cookies are burnt per capita.
Youve got nothing but hot air in reply.
I’ve linked sources (which it seems you either haven’t read, or decided to ignore). YOU are the one who is simply denying the claims I make while ignoring the evidence.
Its obvious youre allergic to facts
Ironic
and want to keep on harping about your racist DEI beliefs
So now the pot's calling the kettle african-american. I’m just saying that black people have it rough. They are over represented in prisons, poverty, maternal mortality, and other measures of community well-being.
. Now we know who the real racist is.
I seriously don’t think you’re racist. I think you are ignoring data and logic because you are comfortable in your bubble. I think if you did some research or listened to some black speakers (not the crazy BLM types), you might come to understand what I’m saying. I seriously doubt you disagree with DEI because you hate black people, I think you disagree with DEI because you don’t see the necessity of acknowledging racial disparity.

There are no such racial quotas. And providing opportunity to those who would have been denied does not promote racism. It is to counteract racism.
I posted the link that proved there was. Heck even the SCOTUS ruled on it. thanks for admitting you lied lol.

Actually I’d agree that racial quotas are racist. While it’s only one facet of DEI implementation, I understand why you find the underlying ideology dissuasive. In my view this is not a failure of the logic behind DEI, but the implementation of said logic.
So you admit its racism but defend it anyway... OK :unsure:

Government mandate or not (bussing/re-districting is mandated), it represents the fact that our institutions have been used to persecute people on a racial basis. While these institutions are not inherently racist, the fact that they can be used to forward prejudiced policies shows the need for some level of reform.

Do you think I think white people all group together to decide what racist things to do? This is a complete straw man of my position. Institutions can be used, and have been used, to deny the same opportunity to blacks, hispanics, and native americans.
Please show proof that this is currently widespread and systemic. Im still waiting on that.

Asians are the most successful immigrant community in America. They also came to America of their own free will, not in chains. Asian communities (such as chinatown) provided immigrants with community support and some level of autonomy. Blacks were brought to America as slaves, then they were set free and told to pull themselves up by their ankle chains.
Blacks were freed at the end of the Civil War and a few were already elected into Congress in 1870. Asians came later, and there were even immigration policies specifically targeted to exclude them, and all Japanese mainlanders were even placed in concentration camps in WW2 and lost everything, yet their educational attainments and per capita earnings outstrips that of whites now. Explain that.

I’ve linked sources (which it seems you either haven’t read, or decided to ignore). YOU are the one who is simply denying the claims I make while ignoring the evidence.

None of your claims are backed up by any facts. Let me guess, you work as a DEI officer, right? Thats why youre so focused on defending this racist scam.

I posted the link that proved there was. Heck even the SCOTUS ruled on it. thanks for admitting you lied lol.

So you admit its racism but defend it anyway... OK
Yes, diversity quotas are racist. Where did I defend them? I said they are improper implementation of DEI. If we want more black students in college, we should invest in black communities.
Please show proof that this is currently widespread and systemic. Im still waiting on that.
Holy cow dude, I linked three sources showing economic, medical, and judicial disparity. You can do the bare minimum of looking up something that might conflict with your view point. Stop living in a bubble.
Blacks were freed at the end of the Civil War and a few were already elected into Congress in 1870.
Only through the use of the military to ensure the protection of black voters.
Asians came later,
Twenty million Chinese moved to Southeast Asia between the 1840s and the 1920s

are you unable to google basic facts?
and there were even immigration policies specifically targeted to exclude them,
"That the number of aliens of any nationality who may be admitted under the immigration laws to the United States in any fiscal year shall be limited to 3 per centum of the number of foreign-born persons of such nationality resident in the United States as determined by the United States census of 1910” The emergency quoata law affected all immigration. Specifically minorities such as asians, jews, and africans.
and all Japanese mainlanders were even placed in concentration camps in WW2 and lost everything, yet their educational attainments and per capita earnings outstrips that of whites now. Explain that.
"This law gave surviving Japanese Americans $20,000 in reparations and a formal apology by President Reagan for their incarceration during World War II.” The Japanese population were interned for 1/100th of the time black slaves were kept in chattel slavery. After they were freed, the Japanese victims campaigned for, and eventually received, $20,000 in reparations.

Additionally, the majority of Asian immigrants came after WW2 and the draconic immigration laws. The majority of Asian immigrants are already college-educated when they immigrate, leading to higher rates of higher salaried positions. Asian Americans typically immigrate legally, and with a high degree of education or training.

I believe there is something that can be said about the mentality of Asian Americans as well, They have higher rates of intact families, and seem to value hard-work and education according to these polls (I’m not sure who would say their people are lazy though).
None of your claims are backed up by any facts. Let me guess, you work as a DEI officer, right? Thats why youre so focused on defending this racist scam.
You got me, I’m the anti-racist gestapo. No but seriously, I’ve been citing sources this whole argument. If you don’t want to follow up on my sources then fine, but don’t tell me my argument isn’t fact-based.

It seems that your argument is that an ethnic minority with a COMPLETELY different history and set of circumstances has succeeded, and therefore America cannot be prejudiced against another ethnic minority. This is such a perversion of the facts and logic conservatives claim to hold so dear I’m almost convinced you’re a commie.

So you admit its racism but defend it anyway... OK :unsure:

Blacks were freed at the end of the Civil War and a few were already elected into Congress in 1870. Asians came later, and there were even immigration policies specifically targeted to exclude them, and all Japanese mainlanders were even placed in concentration camps in WW2 and lost everything, yet their educational attainments and per capita earnings outstrips that of whites now. Explain that.

Your posted link did not prove anything at all. You should read it.

If we insist in banning diversity, we are essentially saying we are okay with racial segregation because that is often the result.

No one's talking about getting rid of diversity.

Just the hateful, fanatical discriminatory DEI policies & teachings of our educational system and in the corporate world.

They don't respect others. They respect only those who believe in far-left ideology. Anyone else may get assaulted.
Paranoid as ****. I thought we were all sissies.

No one's talking about getting rid of diversity.

Just the hateful, fanatical discriminatory DEI policies & teachings of our educational system and in the corporate world.

Except that there are no such DEI policies & teachings and no examples of them have ever been shown to exist.

Paranoid as ****. I thought we were all sissies.
They are. That's why they only attack when they have numbers or go after women.

Yes, diversity quotas are racist. Where did I defend them? I said they are improper implementation of DEI. If we want more black students in college, we should invest in black communities.
Youre defending DEI, so youre defending racism. Thanks for admitting it.

Holy cow dude, I linked three sources showing economic, medical, and judicial disparity. You can do the bare minimum of looking up something that might conflict with your view point. Stop living in a bubble.
LOL youre right, wokesters live in a bubble, so stop doing it.

Only through the use of the military to ensure the protection of black voters.
Yeah? And? FYI it was whites who put down this racism.

You failed because it could have been more.

"This law gave surviving Japanese Americans $20,000 in reparations and a formal apology by President Reagan for their incarceration during World War II.” The Japanese population were interned for 1/100th of the time black slaves were kept in chattel slavery. After they were freed, the Japanese victims campaigned for, and eventually received, $20,000 in reparations.
That happened decades later, which your excuse still fails to account for Asians having a higher per capita income and education before the reparation.

Fail #3.

Additionally, the majority of Asian immigrants came after WW2 and the draconic immigration laws. The majority of Asian immigrants are already college-educated when they immigrate, leading to higher rates of higher salaried positions. Asian Americans typically immigrate legally, and with a high degree of education or training.

I believe there is something that can be said about the mentality of Asian Americans as well, They have higher rates of intact families, and seem to value hard-work and education according to these polls (I’m not sure who would say their people are lazy though).

So? Again. Where is the systemic racism you keep harping about that stopped them? Its clear it doesnt exist, which means youre lying.

It seems that your argument is that an ethnic minority with a COMPLETELY different history and set of circumstances has succeeded, and therefore America cannot be prejudiced against another ethnic minority. This is such a perversion of the facts and logic conservatives claim to hold so dear I’m almost convinced you’re a commie.
LOL youre just being silly now. You admit DEI does discriminate racially, and you failed to prove systemic racism. Epic fail on your part.

Its clear you want to keep painting blacks as perpetual victims because you think theyre children who need to be led by none other than you, right? Thanks for your confession.

Your posted link did not prove anything at all. You should read it.
LOL I proved my point. Your lying denials dont change facts.

Youre defending DEI, so youre defending racism. Thanks for admitting it.

LOL youre right, wokesters live in a bubble, so stop doing it.

Yeah? And? FYI it was whites who put down this racism.

You failed because it could have been more.

That happened decades later, which your excuse still fails to account for Asians having a higher per capita income and education before the reparation.

Fail #3.

So? Again. Where is the systemic racism you keep harping about that stopped them? Its clear it doesnt exist, which means youre lying.

LOL youre just being silly now. You admit DEI does discriminate racially, and you failed to prove systemic racism. Epic fail on your part.

Its clear you want to keep painting blacks as perpetual victims because you think theyre children who need to be led by none other than you, right? Thanks for your confession.

LOL I proved my point. Your lying denials dont change facts.

There is nothing in your posted link about racial quotas. You can’t find anything in it about that. Prove me wrong, if you can, but you can’t. You can’t make facts out of your opinions or lack of evidence. You presented no facts.

There is nothing in your posted link about racial quotas. You can’t find anything in it about that. Prove me wrong, if you can, but you can’t. You can’t make facts out of your opinions or lack of evidence. You presented no facts.
LOL the SCOTUS ruled against DEI and their race based discrimination. The fact that you keep denying it means you're obviously in league with the racists. Thanks for showing us the real you. :ROFLMAO:

LOL the SCOTUS ruled against DEI and their race based discrimination. The fact that you keep denying it means you're obviously in league with the racists. Thanks for showing us the real you. :ROFLMAO:

Your own link said nothing at all about quotas. The SCOTUS factually did not rule against DEI and DEI has nothing to do with quotas. The rest is your usual straw man argument. DEI is factually not racist.

Back
Top Bottom