• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. Economy Jobs Report: U.S. adds 255k jobs; Stock Market hits all-time High

Trump represents some real change, no doubt. It's like a change from a sore toe to a broken leg, but definitely a change.

We'd be better off to vote out the incumbents who are running for another term in Congress. There are enough of them to make a real difference.

That is the perception of someone who doesn't understand leadership and the role of the Federal Govt. I disagree as it is time for real change in this country as it may already be too late. Look at the entitlement mentality here in this forum

That is the perception of someone who doesn't understand leadership and the role of the Federal Govt. I disagree as it is time for real change in this country as it may already be too late. Look at the entitlement mentality here in this forum

and Trump, lifelong Democrat, is going to fix it by building a wall and deporting (or maybe not, he might change is mind) 11 million illegals.

Or maybe by claiming that felons are simply let go if they're illegals, and that there are "two million illegal criminals on our streets," and he's going to deport them all the first hour of his presidency.

The man is a huckster, a demagogue, and a fraud. He has no solution to the problems we face.

and Trump, lifelong Democrat, is going to fix it by building a wall and deporting (or maybe not, he might change is mind) 11 million illegals.

Or maybe by claiming that felons are simply let go if they're illegals, and that there are "two million illegal criminals on our streets," and he's going to deport them all the first hour of his presidency.

The man is a huckster, a demagogue, and a fraud. He has no solution to the problems we face.

Reagan was a lifelong Democrat, I was a lifelong Democrat. I don't like what liberals have done to this country with the help of RINO's and it is time to put someone in the office with actual leadership skills and executive management experience. It certainly isn't Hillary.

You buy the rhetoric which is exactly what the left wants. There are many ways to build the wall including a technology wall and paying for it out of foreign aid to Mexico or taking the money from money captured from the Drug cartels. I would deport ANY ONE WHO BROKE OUR LAWS. it is time for some tough love and restoring personal responsibility to this country changing it from the entitlement crowd that has taken over. Liberalism is going to die hard but it has to die or this country will.

There is a reason that democracy fails when the rights of the individual or beliefs of the individual trump the rights of the majority especially when it comes to enforcing our laws. Our police, border guards, DEA agents deserve the support of our President and our Congress. Enforce the laws or spiral into chaos

You put way too much emphasis on life long Democrat or Republican and not enough on liberal and conservative. At one time there were conservative Democrats but Pelosi, Reid, Obama, Carter saw to that demise. JFK was a conservative Democrat especially on economic issues

Reagan was a lifelong Democrat, I was a lifelong Democrat. I don't like what liberals have done to this country with the help of RINO's and it is time to put someone in the office with actual leadership skills and executive management experience. It certainly isn't Hillary.

and it most definitely isn't Trump. Trump is no Reagan. His "management skills" include being able to alienate allies while leading supporters with sound bytes and nonsense.

You buy the rhetoric which is exactly what the left wants. There are many ways to build the wall including a technology wall and paying for it out of foreign aid to Mexico or taking the money from money captured from the Drug cartels. I would deport ANY ONE WHO BROKE OUR LAWS. it is time for some tough love and restoring personal responsibility to this country changing it from the entitlement crowd that has taken over. Liberalism is going to die hard but it has to die or this country will.

Surely you don't believe Trump when he says that people convicted of felonies are being let go because they are illegals.

There is a reason that democracy fails when the rights of the individual or beliefs of the individual trump the rights of the majority especially when it comes to enforcing our laws. Our police, border guards, DEA agents deserve the support of our President and our Congress. Enforce the laws or spiral into chaos

Agreed.

Enforce the laws against hiring illegals, and they'll go home. No wall needed, no billions spent on a boondoggle, just enforce the current laws.

You put way too much emphasis on life long Democrat or Republican and not enough on liberal and conservative. At one time there were conservative Democrats but Pelosi, Reid, Obama, Carter saw to that demise. JFK was a conservative Democrat especially on economic issues

You have a good point.

Trump is not a conservative, and never has been. He is a liberal with big government ideas. Why he's running as a Republican is the only real mystery.

and it most definitely isn't Trump. Trump is no Reagan. His "management skills" include being able to alienate allies while leading supporters with sound bytes and nonsense.

Surely you don't believe Trump when he says that people convicted of felonies are being let go because they are illegals.

Agreed.

Enforce the laws against hiring illegals, and they'll go home. No wall needed, no billions spent on a boondoggle, just enforce the current laws.

What companies do you know are hiring illegals and why then aren't they being prosecuted by the Federal Govt? We have a choice this election, Hillary who we know what we are going to get, a lying hypocrite who is incompetent, or someone like Trump who you don't really know but base your decision on what you read. My choice is clear, Trump because what do I have to lose?

You have a good point.

Trump is not a conservative, and never has been. He is a liberal with big government ideas. Why he's running as a Republican is the only real mystery.

Trump has alienated the establishment in both parties and that to me speaks volumes and thus he has my support. You are looking at this the wrong way, we cannot continue the way we are going and most thinking people know that

You have a good point.

wrong... trump is a conservative nationalist.... ted cruz and the bushes were conservative globalists

Heckling and name calling from behind a computer won't change anybody's mind. Perhaps there are several honorable liberals floating around who could tell us why Clinton is the better choice. Give us 10 good reasons to vote for Hillary. Tell us about her jobs proposals. Ask her to schedule a few news conferences so that reporters can ask her some pointed questions.

What companies do you know are hiring illegals and why then aren't they being prosecuted by the Federal Govt? We have a choice this election, Hillary who we know what we are going to get, a lying hypocrite who is incompetent, or someone like Trump who you don't really know but base your decision on what you read. My choice is clear, Trump because what do I have to lose?

That's what Trump said about the blacks. Of course, in Trumpistan, all blacks live in ghettos and are on welfare.

What companies are hiring illegals? Practically every hotel/motel in the country along with restaurants and of course, agriculture. Farmers around here say they couldn't get the crops harvested without the Mexicans, by which they mean illegals.

Heckling and name calling from behind a computer won't change anybody's mind. Perhaps there are several honorable liberals floating around who could tell us why Clinton is the better choice. Give us 10 good reasons to vote for Hillary. Tell us about her jobs proposals. Ask her to schedule a few news conferences so that reporters can ask her some pointed questions.

Ten good reasons to vote for Hillary:
1. She can win.
2. She isn't Donald Trump.

Sorry, I can't think of any more. Maybe someone else can fill in the other eight.

That's what Trump said about the blacks. Of course, in Trumpistan, all blacks live in ghettos and are on welfare.

What companies are hiring illegals? Practically every hotel/motel in the country along with restaurants and of course, agriculture. Farmers around here say they couldn't get the crops harvested without the Mexicans, by which they mean illegals.

That is your opinion, now prove it and then ask yourself why the Federal Govt. isn't doing their job? Again, you can rile against Trump until hell freezes over but as Trump said "what do blacks have to lose?" Obama has taken black unemployment down .1 from the beginning of the recession almost 9 years ago.

Your attitude is going to give us Hillary and unfortunately your hatred for Trump is based upon marketing efforts on the part of the leftwing. How do you explain Trump pissing off the establishment in both parties since you call him a liberal?

1. She can win.

Sorry, I can't think of any more. Maybe someone else can fill in the other eight.

So she can win and isn't Trump are qualities in the President? Name for me just one successful result Hillary has had in the many positions she has held? You would vote for an incompetent over someone with actual verifiable results, good and bad?

1. She can win.

I'm impressed! Another example of a typical "Low Information Voter." Rush would be proud.

1. That is your opinion, now prove it and then 2. ask yourself why the Federal Govt. isn't doing their job? Again, you can rile against Trump until hell freezes over but as Trump said "what do blacks have to lose?" 3. Obama has taken black unemployment down .1 from the beginning of the recession almost 9 years ago.

4. Your attitude is going to give us Hillary and unfortunately your hatred for Trump is based upon marketing efforts on the part of the leftwing. 5. How do you explain Trump pissing off the establishment in both parties since you call him a liberal?

Despite conservatives’ claim of the contrary, the number of undocumented Mexican immigrants in America is on the decline, reported the Wall Street Journal. This decrease is beginning to affect farmers as there aren’t enough Americans willing to work on these farms, a job usually occupied by undocumented Mexican immigrants.

Because there are less undocumented immigrants in America, U.S. farming production has declined by 9.5 percent a year, equating to a $3.1 billion loss.

source

2. because the employers of illegals don't want them to do their job. That's why nothing of substance has been done to solve this problem since the Eisenhower administration. The decline in illegal immigration currently is negatively affecting employers already (see above).

3. How is Obama responsible for black unemployment?

4. I don't hate Trump. I'm perfectly comfortable with his being a reality TV star. The reason I don't want him in the WH is based on his statements.

5. The same way I explain him pissing off the Scots, the Mexicans, handicapped people, veterans, and a whole lot more.

source

2. because the employers of illegals don't want them to do their job. That's why nothing of substance has been done to solve this problem since the Eisenhower administration. The decline in illegal immigration currently is negatively affecting employers already (see above).

3. How is Obama responsible for black unemployment?

4. I don't hate Trump. I'm perfectly comfortable with his being a reality TV star. The reason I don't want him in the WH is based on his statements.

5. The same way I explain him pissing off the Scots, the Mexicans, handicapped people, veterans, and a whole lot more.

About time someone pissed off the PC crowd and he has my support

So, be my guest: Fill in the other eight.

Typical liberal. They always want somebody else to do their work for them. Why is it that liberals seem to need for someone to take care of them...and clean up their rooms for them........and...and...and?

There are a lot of government jobs folded into those new jobs. So many that there are twice as many government worker than there are people who produce real wealth.

About time someone pissed off the PC crowd and he has my support

I suppose if Mexico and Scotland are full of PC people and if the handicapped, veterans, and women are all PC, then you have a point.

Typical liberal. They always want somebody else to do their work for them. Why is it that liberals seem to need for someone to take care of them...and clean up their rooms for them........and...and...and?

If you feel that way, you surely don't want to vote for a liberal like Trump.

8.8 trillion dollars is the amount the debt has grown since Obama took office, why if not to grow the economy and create jobs?

Of course 9 to 6 is an improvement but not compared to what it was when the recession started. The deficit going from 1.3 trillion to 1.1 trillion is an improvement too but still adds to the debt
So are things currently getting better or worse? You seem to be conflating "not improving fast enough", which would be a legitimate criticism, with "not improving at all."

Part time for economic reasons, discouraged workers, the unemployed show why Obama's performance isn't being recognized the way the left wants it to be
All of those are improving. The slowness of improvement, especially with long term unemployed, is troubling, but is probably structural, not cyclical.

Last edited:
There are a lot of government jobs folded into those new jobs. So many that there are twice as many government worker than there are people who produce real wealth.

not even close to the truth

So are things currently getting better or worse? You seem to be conflating "not improving fast enough", which would be a legitimate criticism, with "not improving at all."

All of those are improving. The slowness of improvement, especially with long term unemployed, is troubling, but is probably structural, not cyclical.

Things are NOT better for millions of Americans as the 6 million part time for economic reasons shows. Any improvement is due to the private sector NOT anything Obama did for no one can point to the policies that improved the economy

There is no question you understand BLS data but you do not understand the private sector economy

Back
Top Bottom