• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Twin Peaks

The People should influence government policy, not corporate entities who seek profit and privilege at the cost of the taxpayer.

1000000% brain dead!! Trump and Clinton will spend $1 billion to get the people to vote for them because the people influence govt by electing it. this is not even kindergarten level. Can you see now why we say that liberalism is based in pure 100% ignorance. Is any other conclusion possible??

Considering the reality that the US is an oligarchy, corporations are nowhere close to being "our slaves."

Actually an oligarchy means a few. We have 30 million corporations all competing against each other and with 60 million foreign corporations to please us a matter of survival . So 90 million is an oligarachy to a liberal?? See why we say liberalism is based in pure ignorance? Is any other conclusion possible?

Democracy doesnt give 'them' control of govt. At best it gives a majority control.

dear, majority control is how democracy works. 1+1=2

corporations have influence, they provide our jobs and the products that got us out of the stone age. Would you rather have the Girl Scouts have influence or the Auduban society? Isn't thinking fun?

Private industry should not mettle in public matters. Simple as that.

if one conservative ever said that people don't provide labor I'll pay you $10,000. Bet?

Read again. I never said "conservatives say..." I said "conservatives conveniently forget..."

You have to get past deadly outdated Marxist brainwashing and think on our own

I am not a Marxist. I oppose Marxist ideology. I am a geoist. Marx declared geoism to be "capitalism's last ditch effort." So what was that about me being a Marxist again?

Last edited:
Did one person on earth ever disagree??? Who tricked you into saying 100% worthless things and thinking they were profound?

So why do you pretend the corporation/worker relationship is a parasitic one rather than symbiotic?

Actually an oligarchy means a few. We have 30 million corporations all competing against each other and with 60 million foreign corporations to please us a matter of survival .

You are only looking at the surface. While there are 30 million corporations in the USA, they are not all of equal power and wealth. I guarantee you, the vast majority of those corporations have revenues under $5 million a year. Do you really think Grandma's Diner has the same influence as ExxonMobil?

For example, there are MANY media corporations, but only six media corporations control 90% of the media in the U.S. That is down from 50 corporations from 1983. We are not headed in a good direction.

So 90 million is an oligarachy to a liberal?? See why we say liberalism is based in pure ignorance? Is any other conclusion possible?

Read the Princeton study that declares the United States is, by definition, an oligarchy.

Private industry should not mettle in public matters. Simple as that.

absurd and stupid!!!! private industry is the heart and soul of our country they provide our jobs and products, i.e., our standard of living. That is by far the greatest public matter while all govt can do is steal or destroy our standard of living.

I said "conservatives conveniently forget..."

if you have evidence that they forget I will pay you $10,000. Bet or run away with your liberal tail between your legs

I am not a Marxist. I oppose Marxist ideology. I am a geoist. Marx declared geoism to be "capitalism's last ditch effort." So what was that about me being a Marxist again?

Dear, its clownish and moronic and a waste of time to be a geoist freak since there are only 2 in the world and the number is shrinking. Further, anyone who wants the govt to kill millions to steal their land and imagines the libnazi govt won't kill millions more to steal everything is utter an perfectly worthless.

So why do you pretend the corporation/worker relationship is a parasitic one rather than symbiotic?

if I said parasitic I'll pay you $10,000. Bet????????????????????????

Do you really think Grandma's Diner has the same influence as ExxonMobil?

ExxonMobil perhaps has more influence but still next to nothing as one of 1000 oil companies and one of 90 million companies in the world, and not part of the govt. How can 90 million companies have influence???????? If Exxon had influence they would not have allowed other companies to frack and horizontal drill thus cutting price in half!!! And we would not have highest corporate tax in world. See why we say liberalism is based in pure brainwashed kindergarten ignorance.

For example, there are MANY media corporations, but only six media corporations control 90% of the media in the U.S. That is down from 50 corporations from 1983. We are not headed in a good direction.

They control it???? Its like saying they work together to harm us when they are locked in deadly competition to survive by pleasing us more than the others. Do they force you use their media with their control. Do they force you to use any media at all with their control???That's control???Its like saying 6 gladiators in the ring fighting for survival control the audience. 1+1=2

Read the Princeton study that declares the United States is, by definition, an oligarchy.[/QUOTE]

If the company is publicly traded, which have declined greatly.
so???? they are 100% free to start their own companies if they want private ownership. The idea in America is to create your own wealth not identify yourself as a liberal loser in the liberal loser class who must steal wealth from those who created it.

So the discussion was about worker ownership of an existing business, if the company is not selling stock, is a private company, stock purchase to have a say, to reap gains outside of wages, is not possible.

Why can't you accept that yer knee-jerk responses are not always well thought out.....and that "so?" is not an admission of faulty argument but a conformation of inflexibility?

So the discussion was about worker ownership of an existing business, if the company is not selling stock, is a private company, stock purchase to have a say, to reap gains outside of wages, is not possible.

dear, if owners of private companies won't give enough control to workers then workers are 100% free to start their own private companies. If they won't make the effort then they don't want control badly enough to get it. Everyone wants to be a college grad but that does not mean they are willing to make the needed effort to be a college grad. Do you understand now? 1+1=2

Do you want to put a liberal gun to private company owners' heads and to college presidents' heads so everyone can be an owner and college grad?? 1+1=2

dear, if owners of private companies won't give enough control to workers then workers are 100% free to start their own private companies.
Which is/was never debated as an option, it wasn't part of your ORIGINAL response, the ORIGINAL point was that ownership/profit sharing is a means to alleviate aggregate demand issues....yer not addressing the point.
If they won't make the effort then they don't want control badly enough to get it.
False dichotomy, the main obstacle to formation is capital....the "will" is far down this list.

Everyone wants to be a college grad but that does not mean they are willing to make the needed effort to be a college grad. Do you understand now? 1+1=2
The argument was not about "will", it was about investment capital, you recognized that with yer comments on "buying stock" from companies that are more and more PRIVATELY HELD.

Do you want to put a liberal gun to private company owners' heads and to college presidents' heads so everyone can be an owner and college grad?? 1+1=2
Do you find that creating strawman, putting words in others mouths, ignoring your own arguments and those of others....gains you an advantage?

Hint: It doesn't, it is just a reinforcement of the fact that yer arguments are extremely weak.

You are boring me with your hyperboles, cliches, insults, and excessive use of punctuation marks. :yawn:

Good day.

translation: as a communist I cant respond substantively so will make an excuse to exit the debate and hope nobody figures out I lost.

ownership/profit sharing is a means to alleviate aggregate demand issues...
what????????there are no demand issues since demand for food clothing shelter etc is constant and needed for survival!! 1+1=2

the main obstacle to formation is capital...

absurd since we are amazingly rich and thus have tons and tons of capital. You can go in TV shows or the internet to get it as well as 1000's of other sources. All you have to do is convince people you know what to do with it, and most of the time you don't even have to do that. What planet have you been on?????

what????????there are no demand issues since demand for food clothing shelter etc is constant and needed for survival!! 1+1=2
Ah, aggregate demand.....is "constant".

Say no more.

Back
Top Bottom