• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump's Truth Social to start trading under the ticker "DJT" on Tuesday

Nah. The hateful angry left is pissed because their attempt to keep Trump off the ballot has failed and now their attempt to bankrupt him has failed as well. In fact he is now richer than he has ever been.
This has nothing to do with him being off the ballot. Him being richer or poorer means bugger all; especially since the valuation is vaporware for practical purposes. Where the stock ends up over time will prove that out, especially since his offering is essentially a meme stock.

Last edited:

I see a flood of interest in DJT stock.

A lot of Trump supporters will want to cash in, and buying a mega-meme stock like DJT could see a super-sized run for the stock—think GME or AMC.

The board of directors for the new company includes Donald Trump Jr., former California Republican Congressman Devin Nunes, and several other former Trump aides.

I would expect an explosion of buy orders from retail and institutional investors. Trump is likely to cash in a massive gain in six months.

Wallstreetbets is BUZZING about DJT.

I see a flood of interest in DJT stock.

A lot of Trump supporters will want to cash in, and buying a mega-meme stock like DJT could see a super-sized run for the stock—think GME or AMC.

The board of directors for the new company includes Donald Trump Jr., former California Republican Congressman Devin Nunes, and several other former Trump aides.

I would expect an explosion of buy orders from retail and institutional investors. Trump is likely to cash in a massive gain in six months.

Wallstreetbets is BUZZING about DJT.
laughing-funny.gif

Or they're just pointing out some facts between both companies and how they're valued. The point being to demonstrate how subjective valuations can be, and Reddit is a far more established service than Truth Social is.

The value of DJT is based on the brand value of Donald J Trump.

It is not that difficult to understand.

The value of DJT is based on the brand value of Donald J Trump.

It is not that difficult to understand.
Of course, but that's what makes it questionable as an investment. Meme stocks will make people some money, that's for sure. Where Trump's media company goes is anyone's guess, but if Truth Social's lack of success is any indication, then the rubber will have to meet the road at some point.

Screenshot 2024-03-30 at 10.33.57 AM.png

Some will realize this is a marathon, not a sprint. How long this is sustainable is the real question here. As I mentioned in my previous post, some will definitely make some money in the short term, but it's the long term picture that looks really questionable.

Some will realize this is a marathon, not a sprint. How long this is sustainable is the real question here. As I mentioned in my previous post, some will definitely make some money in the short term, but it's the long term picture that looks really questionable.
to day traders, swing traders, short sellers it's a sprint.

but, yeah, it's a marathon to see how viable the company is while it's losing cash.

This may be Trump's best grift yet. Well, 2nd to being the 45th president in any case.

Of course, but that's what makes it questionable as an investment. Meme stocks will make people some money, that's for sure. Where Trump's media company goes is anyone's guess, but if Truth Social's lack of success is any indication, then the rubber will have to meet the road at some point.

View attachment 67501947

Have you ever heard of Bowie Bonds?

In the mid-1990s, David Bowie, his financial manager Bill Zysblat, and banker David Pullman came up with a new scheme to generate cash from Bowie's extensive back catalogue.

In 1997 Bowie sold asset-backed securities, dubbed "Bowie bonds", which awarded investors a share in his future royalties for 10 years.
The securities, which were bought by US insurance giant Prudential Financial for $55m (£38m), committed Mr Bowie to repay his new creditors out of future income, and gave a fixed annual return of 7.9%.
He struck a deal with record label EMI which allowed him to package up and sell bonds on royalties for 25 albums released between 1969 and 1990 - which included classics such as The Man Who Sold The World, Ziggy Stardust, and Heroes, according to the Financial Times.
Bowie used part of the $55m to buy out his former manager Tony DeFries, with whom he had split with in 1975, says music writer Paul Trynka.

Have you ever heard of Bowie Bonds?

I have. At least those are based on something tangible in the form of a music catalog which has financial value. The Trump brand is relying on far less solid footing in terms of valuation, since it dependent solely on one person and their fate.

Its a movement and social cause. Investing in djt is the ability to invest in the way society will be shaped.
Time to take out that third mortgage?
After all, you don't want to miss out on the bonanza that befalls all those who surround themselves with the boon that is djt.

Just look how Mike Pillow has benefited.

I have. At least those are based on something tangible in the form of a music catalog which has financial value. The Trump brand is relying on far less solid footing in terms of valuation, since it dependent solely on one person and their fate.

It's a key-person risk.

Time to take out that third mortgage?
After all, you don't want to miss out on the bonanza that befalls all those who surround themselves with the boon that is djt.

Just look how Mike Pillow has benefited.

Not all people who buy stocks are trying to make a profit. Some are doing it for entertainment; some are doing it for revenge.

Back
Top Bottom