• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trumped Trade with Mexico

I don't think the comparison is really equal because guns and drugs are very different.

That being said -- the drug war by and large is stupid.

They are different, but the logic used is the same. It's punishing the peaceful majority for the actions of the idiotic or violent few.

I do not agree with jailing users as a solution.. I'd rather we go nuclear [so to speak] on the cartels and the countries who coddle them.

I have no problem going after the cartels or those that use violence, but simply providing a recreational product in high demand isn't a violent crime. To me a peaceful drug dealer is no different than the peaceful liquor store owner.

They are different, but the logic used is the same. It's punishing the peaceful majority for the actions of the idiotic or violent few.

I have no problem going after the cartels or those that use violence, but simply providing a recreational product in high demand isn't a violent crime. To me a peaceful drug dealer is no different than the peaceful liquor store owner.

If one of your children was hooked on heroine or meth you might not see them as so peaceful.

which would be?

The American public's insatiable appetite for drugs. We spend more on anti-drug policing than any other nation on earth, yet we are the biggest market for illegal drugs.

The American public's insatiable appetite for drugs. We spend more on anti-drug policing than any other nation on earth, yet we are the biggest market for illegal drugs.

Blaming the victims won't help the prob.

If one of your children was hooked on heroine or meth you might not see them as so peaceful.

If one of your children was hooked on alcohol or cigarettes would you start seeing convenience store owners and beer truck drivers as violent criminals?

Who's to blame if your kid huffs paint? The kid, or the guy who works at Home Depot? Give personal responsibility a try.

Last edited:
If one of your children was hooked on alcohol or cigarettes would you start seeing convenience store owners and beer truck drivers as violent criminals?

Who's to blame if your kid huffs paint? The kid, or the guy who works at Home Depot? Give personal responsibility a try.

The heroin and meth dealers are not necessarily as approachable but, you keep on being their cheerleader.

The heroin and meth dealers are not necessarily as approachable but, you keep on being their cheerleader.

WTF is 'approachable'???? dealers are VERY friendly- til you don't pay them but a corner storekeeper just might go upside your head with a bat as well...

Biggest difference is the local store has the law on his side, can do his addiction servicing under the cover of our legal syatem- course he pays a vig to the tax boys... :peace

You want to lock people who sell one drug in a cage while letting people who sell other drugs free. It's completely arbitrary and you just make it up as you go along. Maybe if your kid is dumb enough to huff paint it's your kid's fault and not the guy at Home Depot. Give personal responsibility a chance and stop blaming everyone else for things.

Blaming the victims won't help the prob.

People who buy drugs for their enjoyment are being victimized? How so?

You want to lock people who sell one drug in a cage while letting people who sell other drugs free. It's completely arbitrary and you just make it up as you go along. Maybe if your kid is dumb enough to huff paint it's your kid's fault and not the guy at Home Depot. Give personal responsibility a chance and stop blaming everyone else for things.

That's sure a 'round about way to pardon those who make, transport and deliver poisons to our children. But sometimes people's thought processes are just ****ed up.

People who buy drugs for their enjoyment are being victimized? How so?

You obviously haven't been involved in the illicit drug market or the many circles of addiction. They victimize the crap out of those they have on the hook.

That's sure a 'round about way to pardon those who make, transport and deliver poisons to our children. But sometimes people's thought processes are just ****ed up.

So you support putting the beer delivery guys, convenience store owners and pharmaceutical reps in prison as well? That's some pretty extreme stuff, man. Have you given personal responsibility a try?

So you support putting the beer delivery guys, convenience store owners and pharmaceutical reps in prison as well? That's some pretty extreme stuff, man. Have you given personal responsibility a try?
Never said that. Got comprehension?

Lafayette, President Trump’s seems more concerned with illegal immigrates walking or driving through our border with Mexico rather than all illegals entering from anywhere and/or illegally remaining within the USA. Federal concern should be for it all.
Similarly, his concern seems to be with USA’s trade deficits with particular nations. USA trade deficits are detrimental to our nations GDP and numbers of jobs. Federal concern should be for our entire global trade deficit.

I regret that President Trump speaks only of USA possibly enacting tariffs and has never mentioned Import Certificates. I doubt if he’s even aware of the Import Certificate concept or if it’s has ever been mentioned in the white House. President Trump’s followers are not particularly knowledgeable or care to discuss anything they’re unfamiliar with. President Trump is certainly influenced by what he believes the public is listening to; he’s not a leader.

For a nation that experiences chronic annual trade deficits of goods, the proposed unilateral trade policy described within Wikipedia’s “Import Certificates” article is superior to every other trade policy I’m aware of, (including pure free trade).

Respectfully, Supposn

If I had a child unfortunate enough to get hooked on heroine or meth, I'd want a society that sees them as in need of help, not in need of punishment as is the American way.

Never said that. Got comprehension?

Of course, because doing so would require you to be logically consistent. You want to throw the deliverers of one drug in prison while doing nothing to the deliverers of other, far more harmful drugs. It's not about consistency with you.

You obviously haven't been involved in the illicit drug market or the many circles of addiction. They victimize the crap out of those they have on the hook.

I have - I was a crackhead. I started on my own and I quit on my own. And I did it - for three years - for one reason...I wanted to. So did everyone I got high with. I was in my 30's when I started crack. Most of those I did it with were around my age...maybe a few years younger. Many of them held regular jobs (though almost all the women were in the adult entertainment industry). One drove cabs. One was an electrical engineer. One was an executive for his parents business. One was a semi-bum. One was a hooker. All types from all lines of work. All started on their own and all because they wanted fun or to escape from life.

No one tricked me into it. No one forced me. I was bored with coke and booze and I wanted something stronger and I thought I could handle it (like an idiot)...I was wrong. No one 'had me on the hook' - or anyone I knew. We would get crack from perhaps a dozen different sources. So no one of them would have any reason to try and hook someone.

BTW, crack is not physically addictive (neither is meth - heroin DEFINITELY is though).

The movies and television do NOT show the reality of illegal drugs.

Yes, lots of them are strung out on the streets. But - imo - far and away most of them are not. The reason you know about the ones on the streets is because they are known to police and the system. Those - like my friends - kept it secret as it could cost them their jobs. They would lead normal lives until the weekend - and then they would party for about 24 hours. Then jones out, sleep and get ready for the next week of work. They would repeat this every two or three weeks.
I had a lot of money back then, so I would do it whenever I felt like it.

Last edited:
The government could kill pretty much all funding to the cartels tomorrow by simply legalizing drugs and letting Americans control their own bodies. Unfortunately Republicans hate freedom and personal responsibility.

That assumes that there would be makers and sellers of dangerous and highly addictive poisons like cocaine, heroin and meth willing to enter the market and face the product liability legal system. Of course, legalization would very likely include massive taxation which would still leave room for under the table competition.

If I had a child unfortunate enough to get hooked on heroine or meth, I'd want a society that sees them as in need of help, not in need of punishment as is the American way.

We're talking about the dealers/suppliers.

Of course, because doing so would require you to be logically consistent. You want to throw the deliverers of one drug in prison while doing nothing to the deliverers of other, far more harmful drugs. It's not about consistency with you.

You don't know what you're talking about where illicit drugs are concerned.

I have - I was a crackhead. I started on my own and I quit on my own. And I did it - for three years - for one reason...I wanted to. So did everyone I got high with. I was in my 30's when I started crack. Most of those I did it with were around my age...maybe a few years younger. Many of them held regular jobs (though almost all the women were in the adult entertainment industry). One drove cabs. One was an electrical engineer. One was an executive for his parents business. One was a semi-bum. One was a hooker. All types from all lines of work. All started on their own and all because they wanted fun or to escape from life.

No one tricked me into it. No one forced me. I was bored with coke and booze and I wanted something stronger and I thought I could handle it (like an idiot)...I was wrong. No one 'had me on the hook' - or anyone I knew. We would get crack from perhaps a dozen different sources. So no one of them would have any reason to try and hook someone.

BTW, crack is not physically addictive (neither is meth - heroin DEFINITELY is though).

The movies and television do NOT show the reality of illegal drugs.

Yes, lots of them are strung out on the streets. But - imo - far and away most of them are not. The reason you know about the ones on the streets is because they are known to police and the system. Those - like my friends - kept it secret as it could cost them their jobs. They would lead normal lives until the weekend - and then they would party for about 24 hours. Then jones out, sleep and get ready for the next week of work. They would repeat this every two or three weeks.
I had a lot of money back then, so I would do it whenever I felt like it.

Were you dealing?

We're talking about the dealers/suppliers.

You dont seem to understand basic economics. If there's a demand then someone will step up and supply it. We've tried everything to stop the supply and its never worked. The only way out of it is to legalize so that you eliminate the black market.

You dont seem to understand basic economics. If there's a demand then someone will step up and supply it. We've tried everything to stop the supply and its never worked. The only way out of it is to legalize so that you eliminate the black market.

We have that. It's called the pharmaceutical industry. Way more legal junkies out there..

Back
Top Bottom