• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Today I Am A Greater Threat To The Well Being Of All Americans

rhinefire

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Following the rhetoric of the left wing on the recent shootings in Oregon as an owner of several guns I am today to be considered even more dangerous to my fellow Americans that I was the day before. Why wait until I explode? Why not break in and execute me saying I had weapons so the police were in fear for their lives?
The only other option would be to leave me alone and go about your daily lives as you did before.

I was at the range, im a future killer.

RIP Future Luftwaffe

Following the rhetoric of the left wing on the recent shootings in Oregon as an owner of several guns I am today to be considered even more dangerous to my fellow Americans that I was the day before. Why wait until I explode? Why not break in and execute me saying I had weapons so the police were in fear for their lives?
The only other option would be to leave me alone and go about your daily lives as you did before.

Well yea. All of these people calling for a reasonable response to gun possession, in an effort to curb violence, are actually saying we need to shake down every person in America, on a daily basis. A huge national police force, with one objective, daily home searches, etc. Sure, I can see how that might work.

Last edited:
I am the greatest threat of all time.

Because I am an opinionated, reasonably knowledgeable, and fair minded person. SI am a strong advocate of things like individual rights and adults right to choose and freedom and liberty, and I am a staunch anti conformist when most people in America value mindless, soulless conformity.

Most Americans don't like that for some reason.

I am not perfect and do sometimes fail.

Ah well.

Oh blah dee oh blah da life goes on.

I am the greatest threat of all time.

Because I am an opinionated, reasonably knowledgeable, and fair minded person. SI am a strong advocate of things like individual rights and adults right to choose and freedom and liberty, and I am a staunch anti conformist when most people in America value mindless, soulless conformity.

Most Americans don't like that for some reason.

I am not perfect and do sometimes fail.

Ah well.

Oh blah dee oh blah da life goes on.

I don't think this is true... I think you want it to be true...

I've seen countries that do fit that bill... not America, we are quite a diverse and strange group... not homogeneous.

I don't think this is true... I think you want it to be true...

I've seen countries that do fit that bill... not America, we are quite a diverse and strange group... not homogeneous.

You are in part correct.

But there are large groups that do share a common behavior. liberals, conservatives, and Christians exhibit it.

in short, they have expectations and demands. They all think that everybody has to live by their rules. And they all think it's okay to hurt people to keep them in line with their rules. They certainly do not believe in things like freedom, liberty, and individuality. And there are many many many examples I can draw upon to show that.

Their styles and actions may be different, but the root behavior is all the same.

You are in part correct.

But there are large groups that do share a common behavior. liberals, conservatives, and Christians exhibit it.

in short, they have expectations and demands. They all think that everybody has to live by their rules. And they all think it's okay to hurt people to keep them in line with their rules. They certainly do not believe in things like freedom, liberty, and individuality. And there are many many many examples I can draw upon to show that.

Their styles and actions may be different, but the root behavior is all the same.

I don't think most people fall on those lines... I think every individual will have something different to say for the most part... liberals, conservatives are not a monolith... there are like a thousand different Protestant religions... Every county every state is different... but 5 random people in the same room and non of them will believe the exact same thing on every issue...

Taken to a national level... trying to organize individual thoughts and beliefs to 400 mill+ people, it literally is impossible... but it is a necessity of the national government. Many think that's why you should put more power into the state and local governments...

America is not conformist... we tend to pride ourselves a lot on our individuality/creativity actually...

I don't think most people fall on those lines... I think every individual will have something different to say for the most part... liberals, conservatives are not a monolith... there are like a thousand different Protestant religions... Every county every states is different... but 5 random people in the same room and non of them will believe the exact same thing on every issue...

Taken to a national level... trying to organize individual thoughts and beliefs to 400 mill+ people, it literally is impossible... but it is a necessity of the national government. Many think that's why you should put more power into the state and local governments...

America is not conformist... we tend to pride ourselves a lot on our individuality/creativity actually...

Actually, it is not impossible.

You really don't know how much liberals have control of California,as but one examples. In California, especially in Los Angeles and San Fransisco, the governments there are dominated by liberals, and except for rare occasions, such as Arnold Schwartzenegger, we almost never have a Republican or a conservative governor.

Texas is pretty much dominated by Conservatives.

And i just can not agree.

Most Americans, IMO, value conformity, at the risk of sounding like a joke, of which I do not mean it to be, they can not agree on what to conform to.

You'd be surprised just how much conformity there really and truly is.

For example, try being an atheist in the Bible Belt and see how far it'll get you.

Try being critical of homosexuals in Los Angeles or San Fransisco and see how far it'll get you.

There really is a lot of conformity that you don't seem to see.

Actually, it is not impossible.

You really don't know how much liberals have control of California,as but one examples. In California, especially in Los Angeles and San Fransisco, the governments there are dominated by liberals, and except for rare occasions, such as Arnold Schwartzenegger, we almost never have a Republican or a conservative governor.

There really is a lot of conformity that you don't seem to see.

People in general are conformist when it comes to the vital things in their lives. For arguments sake I'm willing to bet gun control cuts across most political divides simply because it appeals to a different level. Gun control instils a belief system in an environment of emotional reaction that promises a safer alternative. It already has a general view of fear of guns to work on thanks to TV and Hollywierd. Political parties have mostly aligned themselves on this divide but all hope either gun control or firearm owners will give them the win and power they seek. It's a pity firearm owners do not use the political clout they have. Gun Control has no problem using it.

What about the option that says you don't have to accept your fate of waiting to see what happens and no they are not ever going to leave you alone.

It is really so simple all one needs is a large number (significant) 50%+ to say no thanks to gun control and remove all these stupid laws as you leave. One may have to demonstrate how serious that demand is but if it can deliver any party and president to power the demand will be met. Politics respects only one thing POWER and it is who has the power.

As it is firearm organisations make demands on politicians with out any consideration of what is being negotiated. Nothing is for free and if votes are not delivered then any power held will not be used. In politics votes = power and the only currency of politics is power. Nice and sympathy get nothing.

The option is in citizens hands if you want better, organise and make it so. If we do not object then we accept what we are given.

There is a problem. This is occurring here more than it should and far more than we should be willing to accept. People need to stop being so god damned defensive and paranoid and reacting to every one of these tragedies like it is a call for the government to take away your guns. I own guns. I do not favor gun control. But I am not acting like a petulant child when innocent people in our country are DYING because we don't want to look at the things needed to reduce these incidents.

There is a problem. This is occurring here more than it should and far more than we should be willing to accept. People need to stop being so god damned defensive and paranoid and reacting to every one of these tragedies like it is a call for the government to take away your guns. I own guns. I do not favor gun control. But I am not acting like a petulant child when innocent people in our country are DYING because we don't want to look at the things needed to reduce these incidents.

Problem is, instead of looking for solutions that are consistent with our human and Constitutional rights, or even solutions that work, gun-grabbing liberal are automatically waving the bloody shirts of the victims in their naive crusade to disarm millions of law-abiding gun owners.

You want to talk about improving access to mental health care in this country, or dismantling the culture of victimhood that drives these shooters, I'm all ears.

Problem is, instead of looking for solutions that are consistent with our human and Constitutional rights, or even solutions that work, gun-grabbing liberal are automatically waving the bloody shirts of the victims in their naive crusade to disarm millions of law-abiding gun owners.

You want to talk about improving access to mental health care in this country, or dismantling the culture of victimhood that drives these shooters, I'm all ears.

Reading the description of the killer, he seemed to be of sound mind. He didn't like Christians, he wanted to be famous, and he chose this course of action. No victimhood or mental illness. It sounds like we need to find a way to suck all the fun out of mass shootings. Maybe the media needs to spend days and days reporting on the victims of these incidents and the effects on their families and communities instead of flashing the killer's face everywhere they can and talking endlessly about him. Or here is one better. STOP TALKING ABOUT GUNS! Every damn time the conservatives jump to arguing about how the liberals will use the tragedy to take away guns and the liberals jump to blaming the conservatives for impeding more gun control. Maybe it is time that people tell both you liberals and conservatives to SHUT UP! We need to start with why mass shootings are even an attractive option for people.

I was at the range, im a future killer.

RIP Future Luftwaffe

I shot a trap tournament and then a pistol match. at 5 PM tonight, we had in our truck

2 browning shotguns
2 beretta shotguns
3 CZ semi auto pistols
1 SW semi auto pistol

five flats of CLEVER, Nobel and Fiocchi international trap shotgun ammo
300 rounds of 9mm ammo
a brink of 22 LR

think of all the garment soiling and teeth gnashing that will cause!

Reading the description of the killer, he seemed to be of sound mind. He didn't like Christians, he wanted to be famous, and he chose this course of action. No victimhood or mental illness. It sounds like we need to find a way to suck all the fun out of mass shootings. Maybe the media needs to spend days and days reporting on the victims of these incidents and the effects on their families and communities instead of flashing the killer's face everywhere they can and talking endlessly about him. Or here is one better. STOP TALKING ABOUT GUNS! Every damn time the conservatives jump to arguing about how the liberals will use the tragedy to take away guns and the liberals jump to blaming the conservatives for impeding more gun control. Maybe it is time that people tell both you liberals and conservatives to SHUT UP! We need to start with why mass shootings are even an attractive option for people.

pro freedom advocates generally don't start the conversation. Its only after an asshole like Obama starts screaming for gun bans.

true, some freedom advocates note that another massacre took place where the victims couldn't or wouldn't carry guns but that is surely more connected to the situation than yapping that guns need to be banned when a murder rap didn't deter a criminal

I shot a trap tournament and then a pistol match. at 5 PM tonight, we had in our truck

2 browning shotguns
2 beretta shotguns
3 CZ semi auto pistols
1 SW semi auto pistol

five flats of CLEVER, Nobel and Fiocchi international trap shotgun ammo
300 rounds of 9mm ammo
a brink of 22 LR

think of all the garment soiling and teeth gnashing that will cause!

Well, I may be a future killer, but I guess according to liberal logic, you'll be the next mass murderer!

Well, I may be a future killer, but I guess according to liberal logic, you'll be the next mass murderer!

the wind was blowing hard today, all of us killed far less Lawry black bird international targets than we expected. scores were down 20% from the last shoot

pro freedom advocates generally don't start the conversation. Its only after an asshole like Obama starts screaming for gun bans.

true, some freedom advocates note that another massacre took place where the victims couldn't or wouldn't carry guns but that is surely more connected to the situation than yapping that guns need to be banned when a murder rap didn't deter a criminal

In Oregon you can carry on a college campus.

In Oregon you can carry on a college campus.

didn't the president of the JC prohibit it? and aren't most students at a JC under 21 assuming you go to a JC mainly the two years after you graduate HS?

I think its pretty obvious none of the victims who were lined up and shot were packing heat

didn't the president of the JC prohibit it? and aren't most students at a JC under 21 assuming you go to a JC mainly the two years after you graduate HS?

I think its pretty obvious none of the victims who were lined up and shot were packing heat

The average age at this particular college was 30 and the law in Oregon prohibits people from being denied the right to carry on campus. I am sorry, but the mainstream gun freak arguments are probably not going to apply to this incident.

The average age at this particular college was 30 and the law in Oregon prohibits people from being denied the right to carry on campus. I am sorry, but the mainstream gun freak arguments are probably not going to apply to this incident.
It may have not been technically or legally a GFZ, but it certainly was presented as one by policy and people in authority. I can't get to the CC website directly (must be getting swamped), but the internet archive has a copy of their student handbook: https://web.archive.org/web/20150316175339/http://umpqua.edu/safety-security-information <br />
<br />
<br />
Possession, use, or threatened use of firearms (including but not limited to BB guns, air guns, water pistols, and paint guns) ammunition, explosives, dangerous chemicals, or any other objects as weapons on college property, except as expressly authorized by law or college regulations, is prohibited.
<br />
<br />

Furthermore, according to the Wall Street Journal, Oregon College Shooting Leaves 10 Dead, Including Gunman, Sheriff Says - WSJ<br />
<br />
Dr. Rita Cavin, president of the college, said the campus had a no-gun policy, and just last week trained for a shooting emergency.
<br />
<br />
So, whether the campus was indeed legally a GFZ or not is somewhat moot: the president of the college declares it is so, which is what most law-abiding people are going to go by whether she has the legal authority or not.

This is a common tactic by local governments/GSEs: post signs/make policies contrary to state law, which most law-abiding gun owners are going to defer to regarding the nuances of where it is ok to carry.

It may have not been technically or legally a GFZ, but it certainly was presented as one by policy and people in authority. I can't get to the CC website directly (must be getting swamped), but the internet archive has a copy of their student handbook: https://web.archive.org/web/20150316175339/http://umpqua.edu/safety-security-information <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

Furthermore, according to the Wall Street Journal, Oregon College Shooting Leaves 10 Dead, Including Gunman, Sheriff Says - WSJ<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
So, whether the campus was indeed legally a GFZ or not is somewhat moot: the president of the college declares it is so, which is what most law-abiding people are going to go by whether she has the legal authority or not.

This is a common tactic by local governments/GSEs: post signs/make policies contrary to state law, which most law-abiding gun owners are going to defer to regarding the nuances of where it is ok to carry.

Regardless, unless you are aiming for a society where everyone is compelled to feel the need to carry at all times and at all places this form of rhetoric is about as helpful and productive as the more gun control rhetoric.

Regardless, unless you are aiming for a society where everyone is compelled to feel the need to carry at all times and at all places this form of rhetoric is about as helpful and productive as the more gun control rhetoric.
It's not rhetoric, it's facts right from the student handbook and from the Umpqua President's mouth. And yes, that is a solution, just like having a spare tire in the trunk: the vast majority of times its just taking up space, but under certain circumstances, it can save a great deal of grief.

It's not rhetoric, it's facts right from the student handbook and from the Umpqua President's mouth. And yes, that is a solution, just like having a spare tire in the trunk: the vast majority of times its just taking up space, but under certain circumstances, it can save a great deal of grief.

Is this line of rhetoric really worth pursuing?

Armed vet destroys gun nuts’ argument on mass shooters by explaining why he didn’t attack Oregon killer

A veteran who says he was carrying a concealed weapon on Oregon’s Umpqua Community College campus Thursday when 26-year-old Christopher Harper Mercer went on a murderous rampage, says he didn’t intervene because he knew police SWAT team members wouldn’t know him from the shooter.

In an interview with MSNBC, veteran John Parker said he knows lots of students who conceal carry at the school because, despite a school policy that discourages weapons on campus, Oregon state law does allow it.

Saying he does conceal carry in case “I’m in close proximity” to an incident where he might try to save some lives, Parker admitted he’s not the type who believes that “there’s always somebody out there behind your back ready to do something like this.”

It is time to stop being so partisan about this and be REALISTIC. More guns and less guns are not the solution because it is not a GUN PROBLEM! It is a killing problem.

Well yea. All of these people calling for a reasonable response to gun possession, in an effort to curb violence, are actually saying we need to shake down every person in America, on a daily basis. A huge national police force, with one objective, daily home searches, etc. Sure, I can see how that might work.
[emphasis added by bubba]

yep
that's what they are saying
sarcasm served all day.jpg

Back
Top Bottom