• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Thug cop sues victim. The

Yeah, I read it and nowhere in here does it talk about an attack.

Below is full text of Quintonio and Antonio LeGrier's 911 calls:

Q: "Can you please send the police?"

Dispatch: "To where?"

Q: "4710 West Erie Street."

Dis: "What's wrong?"

Q: "I have an emergency."

Dis: "I need to know what's wrong."

Q: "Someone is ruining my life."

Dis: "Who? Where are they now?"

Q: "There in the house."

Dis: "What's your name?

Q: "Q."

Dis: "Where are you going to be Q?"

Q: "Are you going to send the police?" *He mumbles what sounds like an obscenity after this*

Dis: "Are you at the house?"

*more obscenities*

Dis: "Hello?"

1:21 Q: "Are you going to send the police or not?"

Dis: "Are you going to answer my questions?"

Q: "How are you talking to?"

Dis: "I'm talking to you? If you can't answer the questions, how do you expect me to assist you?

Q: "I already told you I am at the house."

Dis: "No you didn't. You told me that person was at the house."

Dis: "Any weapons involved?"

Q: "Nah."

Dis" Where are you going to be?

*more obscenities*

2:30 Q: "Yeah I need an officer at 4710 West Erie Street."

Dis: "37 what?"

Q: "4710 West Erie Street."

Dis: "OK, what's wrong?"

Q: "I just need an officer over here, OK?"

Dis: "No, it don't work like that. What's your emergency?"

Q: "I need to talk to an officer."
Dis: "OK what's wrong."
Q: "I need to talk to an officer."
Dis: "You can talk to an officer over the phone. I can connect you with one if you would like."
Q: "Someone's ruining my life."
Dis: "Is the person there with you now?"
Q; "Yes."
Dis: "Are you in an apartment or a house?"
Q: "A house."
is: "And your name?
Q: "Q."
Dis: "What's your last name?"
: "Are you going to send an officer?"
Dis: 'Yeah when you answer the question."
Q: "There's an emergency, can you send an officer?"
Dis: "Yes, as soon as you answer the questions. What's your last name?"
Q: "THERE'S AN EMERGENCY."
Dis: "If you can't answer the question I am going to hang up."
Q: "I NEED THE POLICE."
Dis: "Terminate the call."
4:40 "My son has freaked out. I need an officer at 4710 West Erie. 4710 West Erie I need police assistance."
5:12 "He's got a baseball bat in his hand right now."
Dis: "How old is he?
Antonio: "19"
Dis: "Has he been drinking?"
Antonio: "No."
Dis: "What's your name sir?"
Antonio: "Antonio LeGrier"
Dis: "OK. Watch for the police."

I sooo would not want to be a 911 operator.

You have failed to identify a "thug" cop in this story, nor have you defined what a "thug" cop is, much less defined what a "thug" cop supporter would be?

The ? At the end of your sentence is misplaced if you are attempting to make a statement. To be fair to you it might have been intended as a question. I can't tell given your prior posts.

I'd like to ask you a serious question. Does the man that had the bat, bear any responsibility at all? In your opinion, that is.

Fair enough... good question. Yes. I don't buy mentally insane defences. He is guilty even though he is unaware of his actions, perhaps.

I just think that the cops should use deadly force as a last resort, not as a first resort. The only one I really feel bad about is that innocent lady.

Fair enough... good question. Yes. I don't buy mentally insane defences. He is guilty even though he is unaware of his actions, perhaps.

I just think that the cops should use deadly force as a last resort, not as a first resort. The only one I really feel bad about is that innocent lady.

Bohdi, I completely agree with the above statement.

Thug cop sues victim.
Wrong.
You are again showing you do not understand what the word thug means.

Under my reasonable proposal he would have been limited to at most rubber bullets but preferably a Tazar.

Your proposal was not reasonable, it was exactly the opposite.

The cop who responded to the call is suing those parents because he did his job poorly.
No, he didn't do his job poorly.

And the reason he is counter suing is as stated; "because he was traumatized by the fact that he accidentally killed the teen’s neighbor in the incident,".

But not for the wrongful actions of the teen this Officer would not have suffered.

A thought experiment for those following the “thug cop” line; Imagine it was a slightly different situation, where the police weren’t called but another neighbour hears the disturbance, gets their gun and goes to his doorway to see what was going on. He sees the man with the bat, asks him what’s going on and is charged. He shoots to defend himself but the through-and-through hits and kills another neighbour he wasn’t aware was there.

In your opinion, would that be a “thug civilian” and would they deserve the same condemnation, criminal or civil punishment you’d wish upon the police officer in the real situation. This isn’t a question of whether police officers should be better by the way, just a simple comparison to start with.

My cynical self says the sole and true purpose of this lawsuit is to intimidate people into not suing them. If this specific lawsuit is successful in any way, even if only to cause the other side to withdraw or pull back on their suit, you will start to see this tactic used by police in most similar instances.

A thought experiment for those following the “thug cop” line; Imagine it was a slightly different situation, where the police weren’t called but another neighbour hears the disturbance, gets their gun and goes to his doorway to see what was going on. He sees the man with the bat, asks him what’s going on and is charged. He shoots to defend himself but the through-and-through hits and kills another neighbour he wasn’t aware was there.

In your opinion, would that be a “thug civilian” and would they deserve the same condemnation, criminal or civil punishment you’d wish upon the police officer in the real situation. This isn’t a question of whether police officers should be better by the way, just a simple comparison to start with.

Yes he would be a thug civilian and hopefully would he sued for every red cent by the family of the dead woman.

Yes he would be a thug civilian and hopefully would he sued for every red cent by the family of the dead woman.
So a legally armed civilian isn’t allowed to defend himself from a violent attacker in his own home? That’s not the usual line.

If the man with the bat had seen the armed neighbour challenging him and struck a fatal blow to the head before he could shoot, would he then be the thug and the armed neighbour the innocent victim whose family should sue?

In the real incident, if the man had killed the police officer before he shot or if he had only been wounded, would the officer still be a thug and the man a victim? If the man had killed the officer but also killed the girl by mistake somehow, who would be the thug?

HonestJoe;1065521141[B said:
]So a legally armed civilian isn’t allowed to defend himself from a violent attacker in his own home?[/B] That’s not the usual line.

If the man with the bat had seen the armed neighbour challenging him and struck a fatal blow to the head before he could shoot, would he then be the thug and the armed neighbour the innocent victim whose family should sue?

In the real incident, if the man had killed the police officer before he shot or if he had only been wounded, would the officer still be a thug and the man a victim? If the man had killed the officer but also killed the girl by mistake somehow, who would be the thug?

in the scenario posted the civilian had barged his way into his neighbors home. I have schooled you again.

in the scenario posted the civilian had barged his way into his neighbors home. I have schooled you again.
Sorry but I wrote the scenario and quite deliberately said the neighbour only went to his own doorway. The real shooting happened outside and the innocent woman was hit because she was watching from her doorway.

Back
Top Bottom