• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Throwflame unveils robot dog Thermonator — with flamethrower attached

Bum

I survived. Suck it, Schrodinger.
Dungeon Master
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
A company have unveiled a robot dog companion — with flamethrower attached.
Throwflame say the Thermonator is the first-ever flame-throwing quadruped robot dog.
The Ohio-based firm have announced the $9,420 bot is available for purchase by the general public and government agencies for the first time.
The Thermonator can be remotely operated by wifi or bluetooth to fire jets of fire up to 30ft.
Able to avoid obstacles and leap through the air, the device has laser sighting and can operate for an hour.

I think this might be problematic during the dry season...😐

Throwflame say the Thermonator is the first-ever flame-throwing quadruped robot dog.
The Ohio-based firm have announced the $9,420 bot is available for purchase by the general public and government agencies for the first time.
The Thermonator can be remotely operated by wifi or bluetooth to fire jets of fire up to 30ft.
Able to avoid obstacles and leap through the air, the device has laser sighting and can operate for an hour.

This is insane and should be made illegal.

Echo @Felis Leo, we are entering an extremely dangerous new world with robotics, drones, AI. I could see organized criminal syndicates, terrorist organizations, you name it buying and employing these

Echo @Felis Leo, we are entering an extremely dangerous new world with robotics, drones, AI. I could see organized criminal syndicates, terrorist organizations, you name it buying and employing these

"Well if you're against a fully-automated self-sufficient flamethrower robot, what next? Are you also going to lodge protests against our robotic dog that dual wields a pair of AR-15s with bump stocks and 250 round drums?? I mean, is this even America anymore?!"

This is insane and should be made illegal.
Why? It isn't even 'new'. The US government tested battlefield robots at the beginning of the second Iraq War. They pulled the machines back because they kept opening fire on American soldiers rather than Iraqis. So the machine is more sentient than say....an American conservative.

Now I want the freedom to have mine patrolling the hallways of our local elementary school. Yay freedom!

Throw in a little AI technology to help this thing along, and I am sure it will be great. What could go wrong?

There was a guy in the interior of Alaska that converted a fire-extinguisher into a flame-thrower. He claimed that it was a very good deterrent against bears and other wildlife, but it played hell on the surrounding foliage. It also did not cost him $9,240 to build.

I do not think laser sighting is required for a flame-thrower. You just need to be close to set something on fire, you do not need pin-point accuracy.

I just hope their robot dog is water-proof, because something tells me that it is going to get wet a lot.

There was a guy in the interior of Alaska that converted a fire-extinguisher into a flame-thrower. He claimed that it was a very good deterrent against bears and other wildlife, but it played hell on the surrounding foliage. It also did not cost him $9,240 to build.

I do not think laser sighting is required for a flame-thrower. You just need to be close to set something on fire, you do not need pin-point accuracy.

I just hope their robot dog is water-proof, because something tells me that it is going to get wet a lot.

Do you support flamethrowing robot dogs, Glitch?

Back
Top Bottom