• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

This is "In Your Face"

Sinclair Lewis said that "when fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross".

I never dreamed it would be so literal!!!............did you???
View attachment 67501528

The only thing left for the MAGAts to do is to scream "Sieg Heil!" at trump rallies.

Sinclair Lewis said that "when fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross".

View attachment 67501528
Trump is not a fascist and fascism is not about to take over America. :rolleyes: You guys really need to educate yourself on what fascism is before you make moronic and embarrassing claims like that.

"Terminate the Constitution"

"Dictator on Day One"
Neither of those comments, even if Trump had said them, are indications of fascism. Seriously, go educate yourself on what fascism is. Then inform your friends who clearly dont know either.

"Dictator on Day One"
Neither of those comments, even if Trump had said them, are indications of fascism. Seriously, go educate yourself on what fascism is. Then inform your friends who clearly dont know either.
Yes, they are.

Btw, you should be repelled by these comments on their merits.

Why aren't you?

Yes, they are.

Why aren't you?
You dont know what fascism is. You just repeat it because youve heard others say it. Go figure out what it is and come back and we can discuss it.

"Dictator on Day One"
Yes, they are.

Why aren't you?

So, you refuse to denounce trump's comments:

"Dictator on Day One"

Trump is not a fascist and fascism is not about to take over America. :rolleyes: You guys really need to educate yourself on what fascism is before you make moronic and embarrassing claims like that.
The great Madylin Albright wrote an excellent book on fascism before her death. She was most concerned about Trump and his fanatical supporters.

Please read it if you would.....it won't be a waste of your time.

View attachment 67501528

My very minor status as an authority on Adolf Hitler comparisons stems from having coined “Godwin’s Law” about three decades ago. I originally framed this “law” as a pseudoscientific postulate: “As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one.” (That is, its likelihood approaches 100 percent.)...

But when people draw parallels between Donald Trump’s 2024 candidacy and Hitler’s progression from fringe figure to Great Dictator, we aren’t joking. Those of us who hope to preserve our democratic institutions need to underscore the resemblance before we enter the twilight of American democracy....

My very minor status as an authority on Adolf Hitler comparisons stems from having coined “Godwin’s Law” about three decades ago. I originally framed this “law” as a pseudoscientific postulate: “As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one.” (That is, its likelihood approaches 100 percent.)...

But when people draw parallels between Donald Trump’s 2024 candidacy and Hitler’s progression from fringe figure to Great Dictator, we aren’t joking. Those of us who hope to preserve our democratic institutions need to underscore the resemblance before we enter the twilight of American democracy....
...Trump has the backing of political actors who are laboring to give the would-be 47th president the kind of command-and-control government he wants. Their proposals for maximizing and consolidating the powers of the federal government under a single individual at the top — provided that the individual is appropriately “conservative” — don’t sound like an American democracy. Sorry, sticklers, they don’t even sound like an American republic, either. What they sound and look like is a framework to enable fascism. And we have to thank Trump for being admirably forthcoming that he plans to be a dictator — although, he says, only on “Day One.”

What’s arguably worse than Trump’s frank authoritarianism is his embrace of dehumanizing tropes that seem to echo Hitler’s rhetoric deliberately. For many weeks now, Trump has been road-testing his use of the word “vermin” to describe those who oppose him and to characterize undocumented immigrants as “poisoning the blood of our country.” Even for an amateur historian like me, the parallels to Hitler’s rhetoric seem inescapable....

...Trump has the backing of political actors who are laboring to give the would-be 47th president the kind of command-and-control government he wants. Their proposals for maximizing and consolidating the powers of the federal government under a single individual at the top — provided that the individual is appropriately “conservative” — don’t sound like an American democracy. Sorry, sticklers, they don’t even sound like an American republic, either. What they sound and look like is a framework to enable fascism. And we have to thank Trump for being admirably forthcoming that he plans to be a dictator — although, he says, only on “Day One.”

What’s arguably worse than Trump’s frank authoritarianism is his embrace of dehumanizing tropes that seem to echo Hitler’s rhetoric deliberately. For many weeks now, Trump has been road-testing his use of the word “vermin” to describe those who oppose him and to characterize undocumented immigrants as “poisoning the blood of our country.” Even for an amateur historian like me, the parallels to Hitler’s rhetoric seem inescapable....
You can hyperventilate all you want but Trump is not a fascist. The problem is that you libs have been suckered in by the rhetoric of your ideological masters. You believe that he and everyone on the right is a fascist because that is what you are told to believe.

You can hyperventilate all you want but Trump is not a fascist. The problem is that you libs have been suckered in by the rhetoric of your ideological masters. You believe that he and everyone on the right is a fascist because that is what you are told to believe.
Yep, trump is a fascist.

And his political party is veering in that direction.

Denial runs strong in you cult members.

Oh listen to it.
Why don't you go educate yourself on what liberalism means.

Paraphrasing Andrew Gillum, “the fascists believe he is.”

Yep, trump is a fascist.

And his political party is veering in that direction.

Denial runs strong in you cult members.
Repeating the lie doesnt make it true. You can neither define the term fascist or point to any specific policy that Trump or anyone on the right is pursuing that is fascist in nature. Your devotion to that level of ignorance is almost...cultlike.

He’s an authoritarian. Close enough.

Repeating the lie doesnt make it true. You can neither define the term fascist or point to any specific policy that Trump or anyone on the right is pursuing that is fascist in nature. Your devotion to that level of ignorance is almost...cultlike.
So, a trump MAGA cult member disagrees with the assessment of the wapo writer that trump is a fascist.

BIG surprise.....denial is a hallmark of you anti-democratic, anti-Americans.

So, a trump MAGA cult member disagrees with the assessment of the wapo writer that trump is a fascist.

BIG surprise.....denial is a hallmark of you anti-democratic, anti-Americans.
Thats lame and rather stupid. You cant defend the moronic accusation of fascism so you attack me. But thats cool. I dont expect much from the leftists who post here. But just so you know, fascism has a meaning outside of what some leftist trump hating boob at wapo wants it to mean. I suggest you do your own research on the topic rather than falling for every liberal Big Lie that comes along.

Thats lame and rather stupid. You cant defend the moronic accusation of fascism so you attack me. But thats cool. I dont expect much from the leftists who post here. But just so you know, fascism has a meaning outside of what some leftist trump hating boob at wapo wants it to mean. I suggest you do your own research on the topic rather than falling for every liberal Big Lie that comes along.
If you had read the excerpt from the wapo article, you would have discovered the author has more than a familiarity with the meaning of fascism.

His opinion carries far more weight than yours.

However, you're always free to cite specific details he mentioned - and you can always try to refute them.

Back
Top Bottom