• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Theological Truths that are the foundation to Christian Church Unity

ludin

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Since there is a lot of so called truths being post here I thought I would post the real Truths about God.

1. God's (being 3 in 1) absolute being means that He has no beginning!
Who created God? Nobody
(or else he would be under the authority of another)

2. God will never end.
if He didn't come into being, he can't go out of being

3. God is aboslute reality
Nothing exists outside of His will

4. God is utterly independent
He need nothing or no one to support, councsel or make Him who and what He is.

5. everything that is not Him is dependent on Him, We are here because of His will, not ours

6. Compared to God, everything is nothing!
Isa,40:17-- All the nations are as nothing before him, they are accounted by Him as less than nothing and emptiness

7. God is constant
He cannot be improved or developed
(Absolute perfection can't be improved on)

8. God is the absolute standard of truth, goodness, and justice

9. God does what He pleases!
And what he does is always right.

10. God is the most valuable person in the Universe. with out Him nothing would exist.

I will add one more.

11. God gave us salvation for us not for our glory and what we do but for His glory.
Nothing we can do can save us or forgive us our sins. no amount of works, pleading can lead to salvation.
salvation is only gained through the forgiveness of sin by our belief that Christ was born, died, and rose again to pay the price for our sins.

Why does God need glorification from "nothing"?
If He wished He can save even the most heinous human since anything and everything He does is prefect and needs no approval from "nothing"
Why would He create such "nothing" since He has no needs and nothing can add or subtract from Him?

Since there is a lot of so called truths being post here I thought I would post the real Truths about God.

Who created God? Nobody

2. God will never end.

5. everything that is not Him is dependent on Him, We are here because of His will, not ours

Isa,40:17-- All the nations are as nothing before him, they are accounted by Him as less than nothing and emptiness

7. God is constant

10. God is the most valuable person in the Universe. with out Him nothing would exist.

I will add one more.

11. God gave us salvation for us not for our glory and what we do but for His glory.
Nothing we can do can save us or forgive us our sins. no amount of works, pleading can lead to salvation.
salvation is only gained through the forgiveness of sin by our belief that Christ was born, died, and rose again to pay the price for our sins.

while I respect your beliefs, your truth is different than mine

from the time I was a child, I have never doubted the existence of god...I have however since a child doubted man's understanding of god

I believe the only way to know god is to experience him, he teaches everything I need to know directly and thus it is all that I need, but I do respect other's need something other than that

If He wished He can save even the most heinous human since anything and everything He does is prefect and needs no approval from "nothing"
Why would He create such "nothing" since He has no needs and nothing can add or subtract from Him?

I think that we are part of chemo physical production process He has put in motion for something we wouldn't understand, if we saw it . It's too Big.

well if you read the bible God says all glory belongs to him.

while I respect your beliefs, your truth is different than mine

from the time I was a child, I have never doubted the existence of god...I have however since a child doubted man's understanding of god

I believe the only way to know god is to experience him, he teaches everything I need to know directly and thus it is all that I need, but I do respect other's need something other than that

These are simply pillars of christianity. if you don't believe in christianity then well that is a different story.
Yep it is hard to understand God but that is why He gave us the bible so that we could understand him.

These are simply pillars of christianity. if you don't believe in christianity then well that is a different story.
Yep it is hard to understand God but that is why He gave us the bible so that we could understand him.
no, I do not find god hard to understand...but rather man's interpretation of god

god I never doubt

I think that we are part of chemo physical production process He has put in motion for something we wouldn't understand, if we saw it . It's too Big.
Yea that must be it...

One nit pick on #10, God is not a person. And thing doesnt really cover it either.

That is not what I asked.

Yes it was i just answered the question. All glory belongs to God. if you could save yourself from sin by just doing good deeds then there would be no need for Christ's sacrifice.
Glory would be taken from God and given to you.

One nit pick on #10, God is not a person. And thing doesnt really cover it either.

Spirit, Being etc... could all be substituted it is the context i think which is important.

Yes it was i just answered the question.
No you did not and now are pretending to know better than I what I asked. Not very honest.

All glory belongs to God.
By your defintion that was a given as everything belongs to God who has created everything. The question is and I ask again why does God need any of this when God is complete as God needing nothing and nothing can add or subtract from God.

if you could save yourself from sin by just doing good deeds then there would be no need for Christ's sacrifice.
I asked noting related to this.

Glory would be taken from God and given to you.
Nothing can be taken from God.

Who created God? Nobody

2. God will never end.

7. God is constant

I will add one more.

Um, the "Trinity" ain't what you think it is. I am a strong Christian, and one of things I learned in the Church of which I am a member is that only God is God - Jesus never was and never will be God. Jesus is a Man. He is our Savior. He is our Mediator to God. But Jesus is not God.

I was once a trinitarian like you, but now I understand that there are so many holes in trinitarian theory, so many inconsistencies and impossibilities. For instance, what happened to the "Trinity" when Jesus died? Did it become a "Duality"? And don't go claiming that Jesus never really died, but was off busy preaching to the spirits in prison, for if one reads the preceding passages, it becomes clear that this was after Jesus had been raised from the dead by the Holy Spirit.

And perhaps you should check to see where trinitarianism comes from. If you'll do some research, you'll find that every major culture and nation from Rome all the way to modern-day India worshiped a trinity in one form or another - sometimes this trinity was in the form of three related gods, or three allied gods, or - in the case of the Hindus, a three-in-one/one-in-three god (Brahma/Vishnu/Shiva). Sound familiar? Even the Catholics admit that Baal was part of a trinity.

They all worshiped a trinity of one type or another. All of them, that is, except for the Hebrews. If you'll take a hard look at Scripture, there's nothing in all of the Bible that directly says that Jesus is God, especially in the OT. Every single one of the passages used by trinitarians to "prove" Christ's alleged divinity are the product of misunderstanding or outright misinterpretation.

No you did not and now are pretending to know better than I what I asked. Not very honest.

By your defintion that was a given as everything belongs to God who has created everything. The question is and I ask again why does God need any of this when God is complete as God needing nothing and nothing can add or subtract from God.

I asked noting related to this.

Nothing can be taken from God.

People attempt to take glory from God all the time mostly by setting themselves up as god.
Because again if you read the bible God says all glory belongs to Him. hence why all things done are for the benefit of His glory.

glory is His because He says it is His.

So i did answer your question.

Um, the "Trinity" ain't what you think it is. I am a strong Christian, and one of things I learned in the Church of which I am a member is that only God is God - Jesus never was and never will be God. Jesus is a Man. He is our Savior. He is our Mediator to God. But Jesus is not God.

If Jesus was just a man then he is not perfect therefore he could not have saved the world for it's sins. So i don't see how you can be a Christian and ignore the deity of Christ. He wasn't just a man He was and is part of the Godhead and He is the Son of God.

Also if he was just a man then there would be no way to raise himself from the dead he would have just died.

I was once a trinitarian like you, but now I understand that there are so many holes in trinitarian theory, so many inconsistencies and impossibilities. For instance, what happened to the "Trinity" when Jesus died? Did it become a "Duality"? And don't go claiming that Jesus never really died, but was off busy preaching to the spirits in prison, for if one reads the preceding passages, it becomes clear that this was after Jesus had been raised from the dead by the Holy Spirit.

Only Christs physical body died and even in that he gave up his own life. If you remember he said it is finished Father into your hands i commend my spirit.
So while his physical form died his spirit still remained alive and well.

And perhaps you should check to see where trinitarianism comes from. If you'll do some research, you'll find that every major culture and nation from Rome all the way to modern-day India worshiped a trinity in one form or another - sometimes this trinity was in the form of three related gods, or three allied gods, or - in the case of the Hindus, a three-in-one/one-in-three god (Brahma/Vishnu/Shiva). Sound familiar? Even the Catholics admit that Baal was part of a trinity.

all developed hundreds to thousands of years after the fact. they are not the same or close to the same. this distorting has already been discussed and debunked by theologians.

They all worshiped a trinity of one type or another. All of them, that is, except for the Hebrews. If you'll take a hard look at Scripture, there's nothing in all of the Bible that directly says that Jesus is God, especially in the OT. Every single one of the passages used by trinitarians to "prove" Christ's alleged divinity are the product of misunderstanding or outright misinterpretation.

ACtually it does

What is the Godhead?
umm no they aren't please read the link.

the only distortions and misinterpretations are people that claim that Christ was anyone but who He said He was.

People attempt to take glory from God all the time mostly by setting themselves up as god.
Because again if you read the bible God says all glory belongs to Him. hence why all things done are for the benefit of His glory.

glory is His because He says it is His.

So i did answer your question.
No you still did not, not even close. Even your pathetic attempt at circular reasoning is laughable.

No you still did not, not even close. Even your pathetic attempt at circular reasoning is laughable.

I am the Lord; that is my name;
my glory I give to no other,
nor my praise to carved idols

there isn't any circular reasoning to be had. i told you it is in the bible.

in this passage he is laying out the new convenant that Christ will evenutally lead the way for some 500 years before it happened.

If Jesus was just a man then he is not perfect therefore he could not have saved the world for it's sins. So i don't see how you can be a Christian and ignore the deity of Christ. He wasn't just a man He was and is part of the Godhead and He is the Son of God.

Are you saying it's impossible for God to have a Son Who was human and only human? Are you saying it's impossible for God to have that human be our Savior? Last I recall, with God, all things are possible.

Also if he was just a man then there would be no way to raise himself from the dead he would have just died.

If you'll check, Jesus didn't just "raise himself" - He was quickened by the Holy Spirit.

Only Christs physical body died and even in that he gave up his own life. If you remember he said it is finished Father into your hands i commend my spirit.
So while his physical form died his spirit still remained alive and well.

To "commend my spirit" means "I entrust my spirit". The Bible doesn't say that Jesus' spirit didn't die. The Bible doesn't say, "well, Jesus didn't really die all the way, you see - He only died part of the way, not all the way", does it? No it doesn't. The Bible says that Jesus DIED, and that He was quickened by the Holy Spirit. If Jesus didn't die all the way, then His sacrifice wasn't total.

Again, by claiming that Jesus didn't really die all the way, you're doubting God. Do you not believe that God can send His Holy Spirit to bring back not just the body but also the spirit from the dead?

all developed hundreds to thousands of years after the fact. they are not the same or close to the same. this distorting has already been discussed and debunked by theologians.

Really? That's one of the most common dodges used by someone who's not able to argue against a point: claiming "the experts proved otherwise" while at the same time providing no such proof that the "experts" did. And this is going to be particularly difficult for you to disprove since the "Baal trinity" was around long before any of the verses that trinitarians like to use to 'prove' Jesus' alleged divinity were written (except for one in Genesis which is handily disproved). You see, you're not arguing against me - you're arguing against the Catholic theologians who wrote that Baal was indeed part of a trinity.

BTW, the claims that God referred to the "trinity" when He said "Let us create man in our image" is a grand assumption on the part of trinitarians. While God could indeed have been doing such - if the "trinity" were true - what's happening here is that trinitarians see that verse and demand that it must mean what they say it means without looking at any other possibilities...and there are at least two other possibilities for the meanings of that verse: the less likely one is that God is speaking to His angels as an adult would to small children by saying "Let's clean up the room" or "Let's build a snowman"; the more likely one is that God is referring to himself with the plural of respect, a humorous example of which is the old parody of the English queen, "We are not amused". But you'll be surprised to see how often the plural of respect is used in the Old Testament in the Hebrew, but was changed to the singular by the Catholic saint Jerome when he wrote the Latin Vulgate.

ACtually it does

What is the Godhead?
umm no they aren't please read the link.

the only distortions and misinterpretations are people that claim that Christ was anyone but who He said He was.

Again, I once believed as you did. I grew up Southern Baptist and was at varying times Episcopalian, Methodist, Lutheran, and even went to the Presbyterian and Catholic denominations for a while. Your link didn't tell me anything I haven't already read or seen - or believed - before.

Look, I understand how all this seems to you, just as it seemed to me when it was first presented to me. But this is not a matter of "I'm right and you're wrong", of the merely puerile debate that we find on political forums. This is a matter of the salvation of our very souls. You owe it to yourself and to everyone you hold dear to make doggone sure that you and they are part of the true Faith. There's over 30,000 "Christian" denominations out there, every one of which is claiming that they're the true faith - you need to be very, very careful that you are choosing to follow the right one.

I'll leave you with something about my favorite verses, from Romans 10:

12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

As you can see, one cannot believe unless one hears the Gospel; one cannot hear the Gospel unless one it is preached; and one cannot preach unless he is sent by God to preach the Gospel. You can't just read the Bible and believe that you are led to salvation: you must receive the Gospel from one that is sent to preach the Gospel. There is no other way.

Are you saying it's impossible for God to have a Son Who was human and only human? Are you saying it's impossible for God to have that human be our Savior? Last I recall, with God, all things are possible.

Strawman. i never said that. Christ himself claimed who he was. That he was the Son of God. That He and God are one and that they have always existed.
Yep a human could never be our Savior. Humans are born to sin. Therefore if Christ was all human then he would have been born into sin.

However Christ was not born all human He was born as God made flesh.

If you'll check, Jesus didn't just "raise himself" - He was quickened by the Holy Spirit.

Since he and the Holy Spirit are one does it really make a difference?

To "commend my spirit" means "I entrust my spirit". The Bible doesn't say that Jesus' spirit didn't die. The Bible doesn't say, "well, Jesus didn't really die all the way, you see - He only died part of the way, not all the way", does it? No it doesn't. The Bible says that Jesus DIED, and that He was quickened by the Holy Spirit. If Jesus didn't die all the way, then His sacrifice wasn't total.

yep he did die but your spirit never dies. your spirit is immortal. only the lake of fire can destroy a spirit. His physical earthly body died.

Again, by claiming that Jesus didn't really die all the way, you're doubting God. Do you not believe that God can send His Holy Spirit to bring back not just the body but also the spirit from the dead?

Not at all but then again you are twisting what i said so it doesn't matter.

Really? That's one of the most common dodges used by someone who's not able to argue against a point: claiming "the experts proved otherwise" while at the same time providing no such proof that the "experts" did. And this is going to be particularly difficult for you to disprove since the "Baal trinity" was around long before any of the verses that trinitarians like to use to 'prove' Jesus' alleged divinity were written (except for one in Genesis which is handily disproved). You see, you're not arguing a=gainst me - you're arguing against the Catholic theologians who wrote that Baal was indeed part of a trinity.

It isn't a dodge at all. It is a fact. Theologians across the times have already debunked this myth which isn't very old by the way. it is relatively new.
There is no connection between God, Jesus and the holy spirit and any other religions beliefs.

Is the Trinity Pagan?

the canaanites had many gods not just 3. picking 3 gods out of a religion and going see trinity is not correct and very dishonest. see the link above and it addresses everything that you just claimed. not that i doubt it will matter.

BTW, the claims that God referred to the "trinity" when He said "Let us create man in our image" is a grand assumption on the part of trinitarians. While God could indeed have been doing such - if the "trinity" were true - what's happening here is that trinitarians see that verse and demand that it must mean what they say it means without looking at any other possibilities...and there are at least two other possibilities for the meanings of that verse: the less likely one is that God is speaking to His angels as an adult would to small children by saying "Let's clean up the room" or "Let's build a snowman"; the more likely one is that God is referring to himself with the plural of respect, a humorous example of which is the old parody of the English queen, "We are not amused". But you'll be surprised to see how often the plural of respect is used in the Old Testament in the Hebrew, but was changed to the singular by the Catholic saint Jerome when he wrote the Latin Vulgate.

Not really as it is just the foundation of several other verses that do in fact support that.
However to address this further.

God says that He will not share His Glory with anyone.

I am the Lord, that is My name;
I will not give My glory to another,
Nor My praise to graven images. Isaiah 42:8

For the Son of Man is going to come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and will then repay every man according to his deeds. Matthew 16:26-27

So here we show that Christ is getting glory from God. That is not possible according to Isaiah unless Christ is indeed part of God.

Now, Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was. John 17:5

This is Christ speaking. So this shows that Christ was with God and a part of God before the world was. That is not possible unless Christ said he was who He was.

Again, I once believed as you did. I grew up Southern Baptist and was at varying times Episcopalian, Methodist, Lutheran, and even went to the Presbyterian and Catholic denominations for a while. Your link didn't tell me anything I haven't already read or seen - or believed - before.

Look, I understand how all this seems to you, just as it seemed to me when it was first presented to me. But this is not a matter of "I'm right and you're wrong", of the merely puerile debate that we find on political forums. This is a matter of the salvation of our very souls. You owe it to yourself and to everyone you hold dear to make doggone sure that you and they are part of the true Faith. There's over 30,000 "Christian" denominations out there, every one of which is claiming that they're the true faith - you need to be very, very careful that you are choosing to follow the right one.

Yep it is a matter of salvation of peoples souls and those people are you trying to lead astray by saying Christ is not who he said he was.
Yep i am part of the true faith according to the bible not some hearsay that was condemned 2000 years ago.

the only true faith is what is written in the bible according to God's word. anything else is false doctrine and should not be paid attention to.

I'll leave you with something about my favorite verses, from Romans 10:

12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

As you can see, one cannot believe unless one hears the Gospel; one cannot hear the Gospel unless one it is preached; and one cannot preach unless he is sent by God to preach the Gospel. You can't just read the Bible and believe that you are led to salvation: you must receive the Gospel from one that is sent to preach the Gospel. There is no other way.

Actually that is not correct. It is the Holy Spirit that calls people to Christ. It is the Holy spirit that calls people to preach.
People that teach that Christ is not God and is not a part of God and is not the Alpha and Omega and the King of Kings and Lord of Lords that He claimed to be simply are not Christians.

in fact it is very anti-christian to profess you are a Christian yet claim Christ was not who He said he was.

The pharasee's believed the same thing. They got it wrong 2000 years ago as well.

Who created God? Nobody

2. God will never end.

7. God is constant

I will add one more.

11 is misleading and is not a theological statement per se.

There are other theological dogmas as well.

Dogmas of the Catholic Church - Catholic Apologetics

Part 1.

Back
Top Bottom