• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The S&P 500 is up 5 months straight

Here is the skinny folks...
If the stock marker goes up while Trump is in office, he has nothing to do with it
If the stick market goes up while Biden is in office, it is ALL his doing.

See how it works?
Yup. You agreed with me. My comment tho was aimed at those who were dancing in the streets when Trump was President and the markets were up but are now saying the market doesn't mean anything. You aren't one of THOSE, are you?

Okay great.
Show me the negative effects for those working paycheck to paycheck..
From this " too much".

Versus being unemployed for a few years or never employed again .

It's not an all-or-not thing.
There was nothing you could do about unemployment during the COVID shutdown. Yes, Stimulus is needed at times but it was overdone and way too long. People were talking about inflation and debt while all this was being implemented.
Even Powel says he missed the boat on rates in addition to expressing concern with the debt.
Powell does believe rates affect inflation.
  1. Powell admitted another prior mistake — not acting quickly enough when it came to increasing inflation in 2021.
  2. When asked why the Fed is not cutting interest rates now, Powell said “We have a strong economy, growth is going on at a solid pace. The labor market is strong. 3.7% unemployment. With an economy strong like that, we feel like we can approach the question of when to begin to reduce interest rates carefully…we want to see more evidence that inflation is moving down to 2%…we want more confidence…I can’t overstate how important it is to restore price stability.”
  3. Powell says “it is not likely” that a rate cut will happen in March.
  4. When asked about the aggressive growth of the national debt, Powell said “In the long run, the US is on an unsustainable fiscal path…the debt is growing faster than the economy…effectively we are borrowing from future generations.”
  5. https://pomp.substack.com/p/fed-chairman-admits-mistakes-and

Yup. You agreed with me. My comment tho was aimed at those who were dancing in the streets when Trump was President and the markets were up but are now saying the market doesn't mean anything. You aren't one of THOSE, are you?
And you don't do this??
I have seen your post

There was nothing you could do about unemployment during the COVID shutdown. Yes, Stimulus is needed at times but it was overdone and way too long. People were talking about inflation and debt while all this was being implemented.
Even Powel says he missed the boat on rates in addition to expressing concern with the debt.
  1. Powell admitted another prior mistake — not acting quickly enough when it came to increasing inflation in 2021.
  2. When asked why the Fed is not cutting interest rates now, Powell said “We have a strong economy, growth is going on at a solid pace. The labor market is strong. 3.7% unemployment. With an economy strong like that, we feel like we can approach the question of when to begin to reduce interest rates carefully…we want to see more evidence that inflation is moving down to 2%…we want more confidence…I can’t overstate how important it is to restore price stability.”
  4. When asked about the aggressive growth of the national debt, Powell said “In the long run, the US is on an unsustainable fiscal path…the debt is growing faster than the economy…effectively we are borrowing from future generations.”
Well yes its an all or nothing question."
Ultimately did the pandemic stimulus save the economy and working people from a disastrous recession or ultimately the pandemic stimulus hurt tge us economy and working people?

You seem to be saying the pandemic ultimately was worse for tge economy and working people.

And I just don't see it.

You mention unemployment.

"There was nothing you could do about unemployment during the COVID shutdown.".

Actually the pandemic did do something about unemployment. The stimulus gave loans ( which you didn't have to pay back)..to businesses if tgey kept their employees on payroll.
That significantly reduced tge unemployment that would have occured..then and in the future if those businesses had gone bankrupt.
Further inflation would have increased as supply chain problems increased when these businesses closed.

The economy is growing well. Inflation is coming down and wage increases are already outpacing inflation.

Not for anything, Presidents gets too much credit for Bulls and too much blame for Bears.

How about we acknowledge a multitude of factors can influence the market.

Example: If I tell the head of the FED to say the words RATE CUT, I can move the market into historic gains.

See how that works.

Thanks for posting. These Trumptards that root for a bad economy under Biden need to read Powell's remarks here and then read it a second time. And then read it a third time. Learn it, Understand it, internalize it, and then learn to just stfu.

Biden's 3.5 year performance towers over the economic performance of Trump's reign economically and that is true even if 2020 was eliminated.

What is patently disgusting is that the American people give Biden poor grades on the economy when the reality is, this is the best it's been in 50 years.

And yet, the polls show that Biden's handling of the economy is really poor. How is that possible? Simple. The radical right winged liars on the AM dial spew nonsense on inflation every day, 24-7. Not to mention all the other right wing media outlets. Left wing media bias? Not today...not anymore.

Biden's campaign people have a myriad of topics to pound Trump on. Butchering the pandemic where all these needless deaths occurred. The attempt to overthrow our democracy, the sexual assault and fraud convictions. All the criminal trials coming up shortly. But what's incredibly important is for his team to pound out the message, that under his watch, the economy has boomed under his policy into unprecedented territory.

So why the bad pub? I'll tell you why. It's the daily chorus of inflation spewd out daily by the radical right wing radio dial. Not to mention all the other lying right wing media outlets. Of course these people that scream inflation never mention the absolute fact that inflation is a global problem caused primarily by stimulus spending post pandemic across the globe.

Thanks for posting. These Trumptards that root for a bad economy under Biden need to read Powell's remarks here and then read it a second time. And then read it a third time. Learn it, Understand it, internalize it, and then learn to just stfu.

Biden's 3.5 year performance towers over the economic performance of Trump's reign economically and that is true even if 2020 was eliminated.

What is patently disgusting is that the American people give Biden poor grades on the economy when the reality is, this is the best it's been in 50 years.

And yet, the polls show that Biden's handling of the economy is really poor. How is that possible? Simple. The radical right winged liars on the AM dial spew nonsense on inflation every day, 24-7. Not to mention all the other right wing media outlets. Left wing media bias? Not today...not anymore.

Biden's campaign people have a myriad of topics to pound Trump on. Butchering the pandemic where all these needless deaths occurred. The attempt to overthrow our democracy, the sexual assault and fraud convictions. All the criminal trials coming up shortly. But what's incredibly important is for his team to pound out the message, that under his watch, the economy has boomed under his policy into unprecedented territory.

So why the bad pub? I'll tell you why. It's the daily chorus of inflation spewd out daily by the radical right wing radio dial. Not to mention all the other lying right wing media outlets. Of course these people that scream inflation never mention the absolute fact that inflation is a global problem caused primarily by stimulus spending post pandemic across the globe.
Actually it's more than that.

Here is what you need to realize. Now..most of America WANTS a poor economy. Especially the highest voting demographic..baby boomers.

Retirees are on fixed incomes. They get their social security checks and their pensions every month without fail. . Their investments in the market are designed to be recession resistant.

A booming economy and higher inflation means things cost more and its harder for them to hire people to do stuff.

A nice little recession is what they like..low prices..low property taxes. And cheap labor.

I owned Clorox (CLX) before the COVID thing and it was doing very well. Then when COVID hit the stock went into a nose dive. I thought just the opposite would happen. You just can never be certain about investments.

Imagine how the numbers would be for the S&P 500 of Tesla wasn't the boat anchor it is.

Back
Top Bottom