• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The RNC has Michigan in its sights

No how can anyone not see the importance of making sure the signatures are valid to the extent they are capable of doing so? Doing otherwise is just stupid.

It's not about disqualifying voters. It's about holding election official to the law. It's about taking away criminal tactics from the Trump haters.
Forgetting a signature is a "criminal tactic"?

Gee, I wonder what threatening a State Election Official with federal prosecution if he does not find 11,780 votes AFTER the votes have been counted is.

What's wrong with presumption of innocence?

In any case, this suit is about making certain that signatures match instead of letting suspect signatures slide and counting the votes.
The problem with this is through many audits and investigations it has been shown that there are very few “fake ballots” being cast in any election in the US. The hysteria over fake ballots IS the actual problem, causing division and mistrust in our country.

Forgetting a signature is a "criminal tactic"?
No. Counting a vote with a missing signature is a criminal tactic.

Gee, I wonder what threatening a State Election Official with federal prosecution if he does not find 11,780 votes AFTER the votes have been counted is.
I have no idea what you are talking about. Dismissed.

The problem with this is through many audits and investigations it has been shown that there are very few “fake ballots” being cast in any election in the US. The hysteria over fake ballots IS the actual problem, causing division and mistrust in our country.
There was only one comprehensive and inclusive audit done that found many problems. Unfortunately, that state's AG didn't do a damned thing about it.

I would think everyone by now would know what 11,780 means. Even people who aren’t Americans know this. It’s not hard to believe you don’t know; it’s impossible to believe it.

At issue is a memorandum Benson sent to election officials ahead of the state's presidential primary encouraging them to apply a "presumption of validity" to signatures on absentee ballot requests, which the RNC contends violates the state constitution's signature matching requirement.​
"This new rule, however, is directly inconsistent with the plain language of the Michigan Constitution and the Michigan Election Law," the suit stated. It further highlighted a rule Benson promulgated that grants election officials broad leeway to account for discrepancies in signatures on return envelopes with signatures on file, which the RNC described as permitting verification based on "mere speculation."​
"Michigan’s State Constitution is very clear: election officials have to verify the identity of voters casting absentee ballots," said RNC Chairman Michael Whatley in a statement. "Jocelyn Benson is yet again working to undermine election integrity by secretly instructing officials to disregard and circumvent these clear requirements. The RNC is suing Benson because Michiganders deserve election integrity, not underhanded Democrat schemes."​

This is what the RNC should have been doing...but didn't do under McDaniels...for the past three years. It's about time.
Let's use our brains, k?

Voters can securely track the status of their absentee ballot application and ballot at Michigan.gov/Vote. Voters may also contact their local clerk’s office with questions about the receipt of their application.

How many reports of fraudulent activities have been received by the Michigan SoS? If someone else steals and signs my ballot, I will know and report it. Think!

I would think everyone by now would know what 11,780 means. Even people who aren’t Americans know this. It’s not hard to believe you don’t know; it’s impossible to believe it.
Sounds like some kind of fake news to me.

No how can anyone not see the importance of making sure the signatures are valid to the extent they are capable of doing so? Doing otherwise is just stupid.

inorite?

The presumption of validity is just as stupid as the presumption of innocence.

Presuming a signature is valid means you cannot inspect the signature or decide that the signature is invalid
- EXACTLY THE SAME WAY -
the presumption of innocence means you cannot investigate someone or charge them with a crime!

I don't think the Sec of State's "Presumption of Validity" standard is at all contrary to Michigan State Law. You would want what.....a presumption of invalidity? Are you asking that an exact signature match be the standard? Good luck with your lawsuit Michigan RNC, wherever you are. If you are thinking the suit represents an open and shut case....think again.
Color me as unsurprised.

inorite?

The presumption of validity is just as stupid as the presumption of innocence.

Presuming a signature is valid means you cannot inspect the signature or decide that the signature is invalid
- EXACTLY THE SAME WAY -
the presumption of innocence means you cannot investigate someone or charge them with a crime!
since when has presumption of innocence meant THAT?

POI is a court term meaning the jury is supposed to find evidence beyond a reasonable doubt and the accused is innocent until PROVEN guilty.

that is how LAW works.

Verifying a signature in order to keep our voting apparatus uncorrupted is how Democracy works. No one is harmed by this UNLESS they forged a damn signature, in which case they are a criminal and should be prosecuted but will still get their POI until proven guilty.

I mean how moronic does someone have to be to not understand this?

its the same BS argument from the left all the time, trying to twist logic with their stupid "this is how it should work because we are infallible" BS, and the sad thing is , they actually believe it , or worse yet, do not care how stupid things have to be , as long as they get THEIR way.

We shall see. the country is tiring of this BS.

What's wrong with presumption of innocence?

In any case, this suit is about making certain that signatures match instead of letting suspect signatures slide and counting the votes.
I can only speak for my State of Arizona. Questionable signatures go through a curing process before the ballot is counted. I suspect Michigan does the same thing.

Would love to ask some of the Michigan GOP if the system is such a problem, how do we know you were duly elected. Mail in voting happened when they were elected.

since when has presumption of innocence meant THAT?
POI is a court term meaning the jury is supposed to find evidence beyond a reasonable doubt and the accused is innocent until PROVEN guilty.
that is how LAW works.
Verifying a signature in order to keep our voting apparatus uncorrupted is how Democracy works. No one is harmed by this UNLESS they forged a damn signature, in which case they are a criminal and should be prosecuted but will still get their POI until proven guilty.
I mean how moronic does someone have to be to not understand this?
its the same BS argument from the left all the time, trying to twist logic with their stupid "this is how it should work because we are infallible" BS, and the sad thing is , they actually believe it , or worse yet, do not care how stupid things have to be , as long as they get THEIR way.
We shall see. the country is tiring of this BS.

Oh.

So,
is there any way there could be a presumption of validity AND we could still inspect the signatures for validity
in the same way that there is a presumption of innocence and we still have investigations and trials?

Or is that idea too stupid and tiring?

Oh.

So,
is there any way there could be a presumption of validity AND we could still inspect the signatures for validity
in the same way that there is a presumption of innocence and we still have investigations and trials?

Or is that idea too stupid and tiring?
no because there is no need for presumption of validity as it hurts no one, except those who would try to forge a signature on a vote.

it's like your asking if we could pretend evidence is NOT valid to presume someone innocent, in lieu of looking at actual evidence of a crime.
no we can't do that, but we can give them the presumption of innocence until said evidence is seen as beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law.

your analogy is a step too late in the process.

I can only speak for my State of Arizona. Questionable signatures go through a curing process before the ballot is counted. I suspect Michigan does the same thing.

Would love to ask some of the Michigan GOP if the system is such a problem, how do we know you were duly elected. Mail in voting happened when they were elected.
Speaking about your state, we've seen that the problem is that questionable signatures were accepted...at least, in Maricopa County. The votes with questionable signatures weren't sent through the curing process. They were just counted.

Two threads about the GOP hoping to disqualify voters in one day @Mycroft

You sure do seem excited about the prospect!

What about disqualifying voters makes you so eager to post about it?
Its been proven that when less people vote, the more chance Republicans win.
That's why he is giddy.

Speaking about your state, we've seen that the problem is that questionable signatures were accepted...at least, in Maricopa County. The votes with questionable signatures weren't sent through the curing process. They were just counted.
Still upset about 2020. Gosh.
No evidence, but hey, keep slinging that excuse.
You'll need it when Trump gets kicked to the crub again.

Provide a source or you are posting misinformation or opinon.

Maricopa County disagrees with you.

"FACTS: At no point during the 2020 election cycle did Maricopa County modify the rigorous signature verification requirements. Any suggestion to the contrary is categorically false.

Maricopa County follows rigorous state signature verification guidelines and staff receives training prior to elections to ensure compliance.

In June 2020, all full-time staff members that perform signature verification in Maricopa County completed a statewide signature verification certification course offered by the Associated Forensic Laboratory, LLC.

Provide a source or you are posting misinformation or opinon.
Your Senate's audit is the source.

Maricopa County disagrees with you.

"FACTS: At no point during the 2020 election cycle did Maricopa County modify the rigorous signature verification requirements. Any suggestion to the contrary is categorically false.

Maricopa County follows rigorous state signature verification guidelines and staff receives training prior to elections to ensure compliance.

In June 2020, all full-time staff members that perform signature verification in Maricopa County completed a statewide signature verification certification course offered by the Associated Forensic Laboratory, LLC.
Of course they disagree. Hell, they opposed the audit being conducted, too.

But the evidence shows they are lying. Too bad your AG didn't hold them to account.

And the election denialism begins.. I wonder if MAGA is going to escalate things to the point where someone gets killed this time around.. again.

This is what the RNC should have been doing...but didn't do under McDaniels...for the past three years. It's about time.
Lol anyone thinks this began under Lara 🤡

How long before this lawfare gets kicked to the curb?

And it will.

Back
Top Bottom