• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Media Is Overestimating Clinton's Debate Performance

Gowdy flatly denied the claims in a statement Sunday, in which he repeatedly said Podliska never mentioned his concerns regarding the investigation. Gowdy again defended the mission of the committee as "the final, definitive accounting" of the Benghazi terrorist attacks and denied that its members were focusing on the former secretary of state.

"Because I do not know him, and cannot recall ever speaking to him, I can say for certain he was never instructed by me to focus on Clinton, nor would he be a credible person to speak on my behalf," Gowdy said in the statement. "I am equally confident his supervisor, General (Retired Lt. Gen. Dana) Chipman, did not direct him to focus on Clinton."

Gowdy also criticized CNN's reporting of Podliska's claims.

"Had CNN contacted the Committee regarding its interview with this staffer before it rushed to air his sensationalistic and fabulist claims, it could have fully questioned him about his unsubstantiated claims. But that is the difference between journalism as practiced by CNN, and the fact-centric investigation being conducted by this Committee," Gowdy said in the statement.

Interesting, but I'll take the word of CNN over a highly partisan Republican professing impartiality while 'investigating' the likely Democratic nominee for President. I suppose that's the difference between extreme conservatives and everybody else.

The notion that CNN would contact a committee already discredited by the House Minority Leader is, sorry to say, laughable.

Interesting, but I'll take the word of CNN over a highly partisan Republican professing impartiality while 'investigating' the likely Democratic nominee for President. I suppose that's the difference between extreme conservatives and everybody else.

The notion that CNN would contact a committee already discredited by the House Minority Leader is, sorry to say, laughable.

CNN had an obligation to do just that.

Hard to claim the media is overestimating Clinton's debate when they gave her an A- performance

LOL, she deserves an A+ dammit! How dare they give her an A minus. LMBO, how can you not understand?

Yeah, that comment from Bernie was dumb. Democrats are sick of it. Bernie doesn't speak for "Americans". Besides, the FBI is still investigating. I'll wait to hear what they say.

As to your thread point, she was the best last night, but only because the other 4 were that bad. I think she did fine for what she needed to do and it helped her, but it wasn't exactly an A performance.

Considering that all she had to do was not lose the crown, I'd say it was adequate in that she didn't lose it. The others weren't up to the task of taking it away from her. That was hardly a surprise.

LOL, she deserves an A+ dammit! How dare they give her an A minus. LMBO, how can you not understand?

You are correct. She did deserve an A+. Very perceptive of you!

Meh.

The Media has been pushing the Clinton's wagon since she first declared. Came all over themselves in a rather Obamaesque way. Rather disgusting if you ask me. No surprise that they are pushing her grade higher than is really warranted, now is it?

Yeah, I watched the debates. All rather came across to me as a softball affair from the moderators, and a mutual admiration club rather than some sort of substantive debate on the important topics of the day (and in fact avoided some that should have been moderated in).

Back
Top Bottom