• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Great Case for Corporate Welfare over personal welfare:

James972

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Corporations got us from the stone age to here with their ingenious products and the jobs that enable us to buy those products. It's a welfare program that allows the earth to support 7.28 billion people!! Liberal personal welfare programs and entitlements do the opposite. They encourage people not to participate or contribute to this great welfare program but instead to leech off it and otherwise diminish it despite how amazingly it has served humanity. Liberalism should be made illegal as our Founders intended because of such obvious and destructive ignorance.

Corporations got us from the stone age to here with their ingenious products and the jobs that enable us to buy those products. It's a welfare program that allows the earth to support 7.28 billion people!! Liberal personal welfare programs and entitlements do the opposite. They encourage people not to participate or contribute to this great welfare program but instead to leech off it and otherwise diminish it despite how amazingly it has served humanity. Liberalism should be made illegal as our Founders intended because of such obvious and destructive ignorance.

What is your definition of corporate welfare?

I hear that term bandied around, and yet the few times I have read articles or seen anything on it, it wasn't welfare in my opinion, as the corporation gave something to get something

I.e., defense contracts are not corporate welfare imo....the government buys stuff from companies

So what is your definition of corporate welfare, and other than farm subsidies paid to Monsanto and such, can you give me examples?

You do realize the founders rebelled against an English government which was rather conservative....right?

Y

"Liberalism should be made illegal as our Founders intended because of such obvious and destructive ignorance."

Please note in the Constitution where the Founders intended Liberalism be made illegal (begging the question why they didn't do so at the time). As obvious as it may be to you, I do not see the destructive ignorance of liberalism you so boldly state, being without any supporting evidence whatsoever.

No, corporations haven't got us from the Stone Age to here; commercial corporations have only been around since the 17th century.

Please consider knowing what you're babbling about before actually babbling.

What is your definition of corporate welfare?

I hear that term bandied around, and yet the few times I have read articles or seen anything on it, it wasn't welfare in my opinion, as the corporation gave something to get something

I.e., defense contracts are not corporate welfare imo....the government buys stuff from companies

So what is your definition of corporate welfare, and other than farm subsidies paid to Monsanto and such, can you give me examples?

there really is no corporate welfare but there ought to be since the corporation is the engine that enables the earth to support 7 billion folks!! Giving welfare to liberal leeches who make no contribution to corporations should be stopped.

You do realize the founders rebelled against an English government which was rather conservative....right?

Y

for 123rd time they rebelled against huge central govt to create a tiny tiny conservative govt on the principle that central govt had been the source of evil in human history. Now you understand American History.

"Liberalism should be made illegal as our Founders intended because of such obvious and destructive ignorance."

Please note in the Constitution where the Founders intended Liberalism be made illegal.

1+1=2 they gave the Federal govt only a few enumerated powers

James Madison in Federalist paper NO. 45: "The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite. The former will be exercised principally on external objects, as war, peace, negotiation, and foreign commerce."

" I do not see the destructive ignorance of liberalism you so boldly state,

Joking right? Our liberals spied for Stalin and gave him the bomb. Then they elected single payer Obama with his 3 communist parents and Sanders, an open communist who honeymooned in the USSR. Without our Founders and Republicans holding them back where would we be??
Our liberal ghetto plantations have been created and managed by liberals for the last 50 years. Do you like what you see there, not to mention their attack on and destruction of our schools, families, religion, and working class!!! OMG!!! Do you see it now????????????????

No, corporations haven't got us from the Stone Age to here; commercial corporations have only been around since the 17th century.

Please consider knowing what you're babbling about before actually babbling.

no ability to comment on OP the liberal tries to change subject?

for 123rd time they rebelled against huge central govt to create a tiny tiny conservative govt on the principle that central govt had been the source of evil in human history. Now you understand American History.

No, the British government was one of the most conservative ones in Europe. They saw any kind of societal or cultural change as evil. For the 123rd time, your fantasies don't get to define what reality is.

no ability to comment on OP the liberal tries to change subject?

I commented on the subject.

Thanks for admitting that your OP was based on an entirely false premise and that you've now retracted it due to my post.

Good of you to admit when you're wrong.

Interesting... but I thought conservatives where supposed to be AGAINST the government picking winners and losers. Now you say you are FOR handing some of them taxpayer monies.... what qualifies a corporation to being picked for taxpayer handouts?

Um, yeah. Seems to me that the vast majority of innovations were made by organized academies and universities. Corporations are largely responsible for establishing the world order by which indigenous peoples were plundered, enslaved, and killed. The toll of misery reaped by the Dutch East India Trading Company, for example, is probably not even matched by the terror inflicted on the Ukrainians by Joseph Stalin. Most products of any real consequence created by corporations were actually first created in a university lab somewhere. But sure, let's support more of the same **** that's been killing the planet and the people on it for the last three centuries or so.

1+1=2 they gave the Federal govt only a few enumerated powers

James Madison in Federalist paper NO. 45: "The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite. The former will be exercised principally on external objects, as war, peace, negotiation, and foreign commerce."

I guess what you're saying is that Liberalism equals expanding the powers of the Federal government and that the restriction of the Federal government powers under the Constitution is akin to the founders intention to make "liberalism", or the expansion of such powers, illegal. Or, maybe you can help with making what you are saying a bit more clear.

Joking right? Our liberals spied for Stalin and gave him the bomb. Then they elected single payer Obama with his 3 communist parents and Sanders, an open communist who honeymooned in the USSR. Without our Founders and Republicans holding them back where would we be??
Our liberal ghetto plantations have been created and managed by liberals for the last 50 years. Do you like what you see there, not to mention their attack on and destruction of our schools, families, religion, and working class!!! OMG!!! Do you see it now????????????????

It's difficult to take a troll seriously. You don't spend much time doing your own research to even provide factual support for what you claim. And, what you claim is so radical as to require more proof than is known to be had.

I guess what you're saying is that Liberalism equals expanding the powers of the Federal government

yes of course!! Think Obamacare, Dodd Frank, Cap and Trade. A liberal exists to make govt more and more powerful. It is never enough for a libcommie. Notice that to our founders govt and liberty were opposites or mutually exclusive.

Thomas Jefferson: "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground."

No, the British government was one of the most conservative ones in Europe.

Goofy of course a monarchy is a hugely centralized govt. Monarchs like Hitler Stalin Mao George 111 were all the same to our founders and all illegal in America where the Constitution strictly limited govt. Now do you understand after 124 times??

No, the British government was one of the most conservative ones in Europe. They saw any kind of societal or cultural change as evil.

1) obviously conservatives are the opposite since with a tiny central govt there is no power to prevent change. Capitalism is very very dynamic and global. Cuba stood still and froze the second Castro took over. Do you understand?

Back
Top Bottom