• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Glenn Beck Boycott Gaining Traction - FOX News Losing Money

Boo Radley;1058649733]We always draw a line. We may disagree where that line is, but once drawn, that is the line. And yest, I think it is more likely that people above the line will need more help than people below the line need less. So, I do not believe we will be paying for anyone who can pay for their own insurance.

What you believe has proven to be very naive and you remain gullble because you want to believe in spite of history what you are told. We will indeed be paying for people who can afford healthcare but refuse to buy it.

Also, I answered you specificly why I supported this bill. I gave you four reasons. YOu answered none of them and keep repeating the same lame claim that you haven't been answered. I suggest you go back and read.

I answered them all, maybe you ought to re-read the thread and every issue has been addressed. Post 463

The shortage has been addressed and there is more encouragement in this bill for more doctors. And while some of those insured use the er, which would pay btw, they are not the problem and you have not shown that they are. It is those who cannot pay, those with no ability to pay who are the problem. Again, just repeating things without listening to the rebuttal isn't effective. Read through the thread.

There is no incentive to go into the profession and that has been addressed. You choose to ignore it. You can encourage until hell freezes over but when you set rates and reimbursement schedules you reduce incentive. This country wasn't built on those principles.

Also there is a time element involved. How long before an individual becomes a doctor? There is nothing in this bill that reduces costs but instead shifts costs. Keep diverting from that reality.

Last edited:
No, we won't. You're either lying or speculating.

Actually it is you that continues to lie about what is in this bill. Unless you know the financial position of all individuals at the threshold your statement is typical of a troll.

There are millions of people who will qualify for healthcare funded by the taxpayer that have zero debt and thus the ability to fund their own healthcare but instead will allow the taxpayer to do it. Keep spinning and keep showing how naive you really are.

This power grab suits you to a tee as apparently you are like far too many others and believe it is the Government's role to take on personal responsibility issues.

Actually it is you that continues to lie about what is in this bill. Unless you know the financial position of all individuals at the threshold your statement is typical of a troll.

There are millions of people who will qualify for healthcare funded by the taxpayer that have zero debt and thus the ability to fund their own healthcare but instead will allow the taxpayer to do it. Keep spinning and keep showing how naive you really are.

Prove it.

:2wave:

Prove it.

:2wave:

Prove what, that you don't know the finances of all that are at the threshold? LOL, you are a joke. Even when proven you ignore it, just like the doctor shortage that you ignored, the ER room usage by those with healthcare that you ignored. Keep trolling.

What you believe has proven to be very naive and you remain gullble because you want to believe in spite of history what you are told. We will indeed be paying for people who can afford healthcare but refuse to buy it.

This is a nonanswer, jibberish.

There is no incentive to go into the profession and that has been addressed. You choose to ignore it. You can encourage until hell freezes over but when you set rates and reimbursement schedules you reduce incentive. This country wasn't built on those principles.

Also there is a time element involved. How long before an individual becomes a doctor? There is nothing in this bill that reduces costs but instead shifts costs. Keep diverting from that reality.

No, you claiming that to be true is not the same as it being true. Plenty still want to be doctors. What is limiting them is aid to do so. More aid, more doctors. Which is why incentives in this bill are important.

First of all a start to do what, eliminate private business and create a govt. run program? It is an expensive start that does nothing but create greater govt. control and involvement in a personal responsibility issue.

This is radical misinformation talking. No one is eliminating private business in any way. Nor is it government control. Nor does it do away with personal responsibility. Factually, you have this wrong.

As I proved insured people are using the ER's because they cannot get into seeing a doctor. Yours is a false argument. How does increasing the number of insured create more doctors? It won't, just greater demand and more ER usage

No, you did not prove that. Not remotely.

The current bill doesn't cover children with pre-existing conditions. You don't need this POS to make that change and all this will do is drive up the cost of premiums thus getting us closer to what liberals really want single payer and govt. run healthcare. That eliminates the private sector.
4th, costs have nothing to do with incentive to enter the profession. Compensation does. Doctors, like all of us, want decent pay with less demands. This bill does offer some incentives, though more could be added later.

What you are proving to me is that you buy what you are told by the liberals and even when proven wrong you still buy what you are told. There is nothing in this bill that improves healthcare or lowers costs, on the contrary, you cannot increase the number of insured and reduce costs. That is totally illogical. Nor do you cut one entitlement program and create another one thus lowering costs. stop buying the rhetoric, it doesn't work.

I don't believe healthcare is a govt. responsibility, but instead a personal responsibility. Is there anything in your world that is a personal responsibility?

This bill makes it harder to deny coverage. In order to do that, you have to have everyone covered. In case you haven't noticed, premiums have been rising without any reform. Premiums have been rising and coverage lessening. All without any reform.

Slippery slope conspiracy arguments often appear hyperbolic and nutter. You might try addressing what is actually in the Bill.

This is a nonanswer, jibberish.

No, you claiming that to be true is not the same as it being true. Plenty still want to be doctors. What is limiting them is aid to do so. More aid, more doctors. Which is why incentives in this bill are important.

Keep buying what you are told even though the evidence is overwhelming that this does nothing to improve the quality of healthcare. How many years does it take for one to become a doctor?

Why is this POS so important to you? I answered your post point by point so answer mine?

Boo Radley;1058650065]This is radical misinformation talking. No one is eliminating private business in any way. Nor is it government control. Nor does it do away with personal responsibility. Factually, you have this wrong.

You really do not understand how business works, do you? When people cannot get the promised services they are going to demand the public option and that public option puts private for profit business out of business. You simply haven't a clue

No, you did not prove that. Not remotely.

Yes, I have proven it and history proves it, why do you deny history and believe this time it will be different?

This bill makes it harder to deny coverage. In order to do that, you have to have everyone covered. In case you haven't noticed, premiums have been rising without any reform. Premiums have been rising and coverage lessening. All without any reform.

Denying coverage and providing service are two different things. Without service what good is coverage?

Slippery slope conspiracy arguments often appear hyperbolic and nutter. You might try addressing what is actually in the Bill

And likewise, tell me how this bill improves the quality of healthcare and how you can insure 30 million more people and lower costs. Keep ignoring the doctor shortage and thus the fact that this POS will not improve quality.

Prove what, that you don't know the finances of all that are at the threshold? LOL, you are a joke. Even when proven you ignore it, just like the doctor shortage that you ignored, the ER room usage by those with healthcare that you ignored. Keep trolling.

Prove your claim.

You can't, therefore, you offer this lame tripe instead. As usual.

You could start with at least once.

You asked me to prove that the insured were using the ER in place of going to their doctor and I did.

You asked me to prove that there was a doctor shortage and I did.

Keep trolling.

Again? How many times do I have to prove you wrong?

Once would be nice.

But I didn't say you were wrong. I simply asked you to prove what you say.

Prove this claim:

There are millions of people who will qualify for healthcare funded by the taxpayer that have zero debt and thus the ability to fund their own healthcare but instead will allow the taxpayer to do it.

If you know this to be true, how? Show us how you know it.

Keep buying what you are told even though the evidence is overwhelming that this does nothing to improve the quality of healthcare. How many years does it take for one to become a doctor?

Why is this POS so important to you? I answered your post point by point so answer mine?

Again, I did answer. Gave you four reasons. Too many people can't afford decent care. We're all better off if we have a healthy populace. Today, without reform, premiums are rising, costs skyrocketing, health care is a huge part of our costs, people are facing bankruptcy in part because of medical costs, business has a heavy burden that effects their ability to compete internationally with countries that have universal care. So, the key to any improvement is to start. Nothing equals nothing.

Once would be nice.

But I didn't say you were wrong. I simply asked you to prove what you say.

Prove this claim:

If you know this to be true, how? Show us how you know it.

That will be easy to prove, someone making the poverty level with no debt has money to spend on health insurance since they aren't paying any taxes and have very little monthly obligations. You simply are too naive and gullible to understand that. Setting a dollar limit doesn't address spendable income or monthly debt obligations.;

Again, I did answer. Gave you four reasons. Too many people can't afford decent care. We're all better off if we have a healthy populace. Today, without reform, premiums are rising, costs skyrocketing, health care is a huge part of our costs, people are facing bankruptcy in part because of medical costs, business has a heavy burden that effects their ability to compete internationally with countries that have universal care. So, the key to any improvement is to start. Nothing equals nothing.

What purpose does it serve to offer healthcare coverage without the ability to get healthcare? You have done nothing to address the total costs of healthcare thus this bill does not lower costs. taxes are going up thus spending income doesn't improve.

Still waiting for why such passion for this POS?

What purpose does it serve to offer healthcare coverage without the ability to get healthcare? You have done nothing to address the total costs of healthcare thus this bill does not lower costs. taxes are going up thus spending income doesn't improve.

Still waiting for why such passion for this POS?

The ability is there. You are over stating the doctor crisis. Again, I linked you to a doctor who said he will be busier, but that he would get a net gain and that incentives would increase numbers. We will adjust and more people will have better care. And with any luck, as we work on it more, it will get even better as time goes on.

That will be easy to prove, someone making the poverty level with no debt has money to spend on health insurance since they aren't paying any taxes and have very little monthly obligations.

Well, no, you can't just say that. You don't know what they have or don't have. You are making up crap as you go along. Especially since you attached a number to it - "millions of people."

Show us actual evidence. An economic study, an analysis of data on wealth and debt and disposable income about millions of people, something like that. Pulling it out of your ass isn't proof.

Last edited:
The ability is there. You are over stating the doctor crisis. Again, I linked you to a doctor who said he will be busier, but that he would get a net gain and that incentives would increase numbers. We will adjust and more people will have better care. And with any luck, as we work on it more, it will get even better as time goes on.

I have posted links to the doctor shortage and have posted how insured are going to the ER rooms because they cannot get into seeing a doctor. How does adding 30 million more make service better?

You are simply very naive and gullible on this issue, why do you want to believe it?

Well, no, you can't just say that. You don't know what they have or don't have. You are making up crap as you go along.

Here are the guidelines, prove that a family of four making 88,200 with no debt cannot afford health insurance or an individual making 43,320 with no debt cannot afford health insurance. You simply are incapable of thinking and only feel.

Also starting in 2014, the bill provides subsidies to buy private insurance for U.S. citizens and legal residents with incomes above the Medicaid thresholds but below 400 percent of poverty, or $43,320 for individuals and $88,200 for a family of four.

Here are the guidelines, prove that a family of four making 88,200 with no debt cannot afford health insurance or an individual making 43,320 with no debt cannot afford health insurance. You simply are incapable of thinking and only feel.

Also starting in 2014, the bill provides subsidies to buy private insurance for U.S. citizens and legal residents with incomes above the Medicaid thresholds but below 400 percent of poverty, or $43,320 for individuals and $88,200 for a family of four.

So there are income thresholds, duh.

You said this would involve "millions" of people with no debt getting free insurance. Let's ignore the fact that it's subsidized, which means it's not necessarily paid for 100%. Prove that there will be "millions" of people who are debt free that will be subsidized.

So there are income thresholds, duh.

You said this would involve "millions" of people with no debt getting free insurance. Let's ignore the fact that it's subsidized, which means it's not necessarily paid for 100%. Prove that there will be "millions" of people who are debt free that will be subsidized.

Keep denying reality, millions of people that can afford healthcare will receive taxpayer funded healthcare. Nothing is going to change your mind as you believe it is the role of the taxpayer to fund your healthcare.

I have posted links to the doctor shortage and have posted how insured are going to the ER rooms because they cannot get into seeing a doctor. How does adding 30 million more make service better?

You are simply very naive and gullible on this issue, why do you want to believe it?

No one is denying the doctor shortage. Just your interpretation of what it means and why it is. The shortage is because we have tried to limit the number of doctors, by we I mean the AMA and the government (in terms of aid). A change in their approaches, and we will have more doctors.

And no, you posted some go to the ER. You have not shown a number worthy of concern, or one that is representative, or that they have to. And seeing the 30 million before they need major care, which is when we see a lot of them, would not only be more effective, but less costly. Or least a better use of our dollars.

We will adjust to the shortage.

Back
Top Bottom