• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The Bible

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
There is a brand new movie on the history channel............Its called The Bible. It just started.........If you are a God Fearing person check it out....If your not just ignore this thread

God Bless........

I'm usually skeptical of History Channel documentaries as it is. They play too loose with their supposed source material in order to make it sexy, if not downright loony, for its audiences.

I'm usually skeptical of History Channel documentaries as it is. They play too loose with their supposed source material in order to make it sexy, if not downright loony, for its audiences.

Well, in all fairness to the history channel, the stories they are documenting are pretty odd to begin with, so they will come across as looney by default.

I didn't see it, because I had to work a 12 hr shift today, but depicting miracles will always be difficult to do, without some people getting turned off by them.

Well, in all fairness to the history channel, the stories they are documenting are pretty odd to begin with, so they will come across as looney by default.

I didn't see it, because I had to work a 12 hr shift today, but depicting miracles will always be difficult to do, without some people getting turned off by them.

It's just that with nearly any historical subject, I find PBS does a better job at covering it and the potential complexities. They actually had an American religious documentary series a while back, and it was covered quite well...pseudo-reenacted with writers as talking heads, but you know, it was quite good.

I usually don't watch the religious stuff that the History Channel puts out. They tend to have mainly Catholic commentators and that annoys me.

I saw the producers interviewed and they said the interpretation was strictly by the old and new tesstament

I usually don't watch the religious stuff that the History Channel puts out. They tend to have mainly Catholic commentators and that annoys me.

I have not heard any commentary by anyone so far.

Well I saw a clip on TBN and it looked legitimate.

I don't know what they're showing on History Channel, but I've seen many of the Bible movies co-produced by European and American TV stations in the 90s and enjoyed them. Although those are more movies for entertainment purpose than documentaries.

I was impressed by the approach. Half documentary, half movie. The acting was surprisingly good compared to most attempts made at depicting Biblical stories. The sacrifice at the alter with Abraham was actually very moving. The tension was built well, even if you knew the outcome beforehand. This had to be done well to make the crucification make sense to someone who doesn't know the Bible at all.

I seen on one of those channel that Jesus had a woman!

I haven't seen it yet, but someone at work said it was good. May check it out.

The problem with The History Channel is the fraudulent name. It peddles a load of nonsense such as "Ancient Aliens" under the implied authority of "History" which it's not.

There is a brand new movie on the history channel............Its called The Bible. It just started.........If you are a God Fearing person check it out....If your not just ignore this thread

God Bless........

I've never heard of it but it sounds interesting. Why are you just recommending it to God fearing people? If it's accurate and informative it seems like something other people would benefit from watching as well.

I've never heard of it but it sounds interesting. Why are you just recommending it to God fearing people? If it's accurate and informative it seems like something other people would benefit from watching as well.

They put stuff like this out every couple of years. I remember their movie about the Great Flood. The ark was boarded by pirates and the women fought them off by throwing biscuits at their heads. I don't remember reading that in the Book of Genesis. :roll:

The problem with The History Channel is the fraudulent name. It peddles a load of nonsense such as "Ancient Aliens" under the implied authority of "History" which it's not.

...as if MTV has actually played a music video in the past 10 years... not much travel on the Travel Channel and little to discover on Discovery. These networks seem to have a hard time making a living on their original business plan.

They put stuff like this out every couple of years. I remember their movie about the Great Flood. The ark was boarded by pirates and the women fought them off by throwing biscuits at their heads. I don't remember reading that in the Book of Genesis. :roll:

Lol. Creative license I guess ;)

would want to see something like this on the koran

From his publicity pics, they actually made up the actor to resemble the President even more closely. However the production company claim it is sheer coincidence that the devil is a lookalike.

yep, calculated coincidence

From his publicity pics, they actually made up the actor to resemble the President even more closely. However the production company claim it is sheer coincidence that the devil is a lookalike.

They could have just asked President Hollywood if he wanted the part. Old Harvey Weinstein could have swung it. He wouldn't have even had to act, just be himself, the devil incarnate. :shock:

I saw the producers interviewed and they said the interpretation was strictly by the old and new tesstament
I have watched most of it so far and as they are not strictly interpreting the OT and NT. Too much creative license for my taste. I prefer the Book over the movie. Too many hokie battle scenes on the History Channels version.

Well said. Just in time for the Easter season too.

For me the problem is that it isn't accurate. They might be subtle differences to the actual Bible, but for someone who has no prior knowledge of Scripture it can give the sense that misrepresentation is okay as long as it makes a good movie scene.

Back
Top Bottom