• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"terrorist" is now a MISUSED slur

It's not about me, its about people not being able to discuss critical issues for fear of being labeled a racist by the PC police..
Doesn't stop you, now does it?

You're implying there's basically nothing wrong with terrorism, it's all just a matter of perspective. People just have a bad attitude about beheadings, drowning and burning people alive. They're just fighting for freedom. That is beyond ****ing stupid.

But the US can kill thousands of innocent Iraqi citizens, then watch as their cultural and educational centers are pillaged, but still hide behind the idea of "Iraqi Freedom?"

I see people defending Israel all the time, is anyone trying to pretend that their war is only being perpetrated on forces of evil?

Somehow, getting your head cut off is a much worse death than having your house blown up your family lying half alive and half dead as you slowly pass away to the innocent screams of your children?

This fake morality that people use to justify the wars that back their ideology is pretty disgusting, tbqh.

I don't think anyone is pretending terrorism is fake, I think people are trying to show that, depending on your view of the world, you can easily condemn the US for being terrorists. "Shock and Awe" was a clear psychological and physical means of terrorizing anyone that may disagree with the unjust war. Over 7000 civilian deaths in the first few months of war, all caused by the American war machine.

The Contras did...except their god was the USA.
Their 'god' was free market politics (with a little fascism thrown in).

Were the Sons of Liberty freedom fighters or terrorists?
This is so simple. The definition depends on the politics of the user of the phrase, terrorist or freedom fighter. Some Tories thought the Sons of Liberty were terrorists. What's for sure, both terrorists and freedom fighters are violent.

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

It all depends on your point of view.

Well said. There is no absolute justice or equality. Men are born to be different, which causes numerous conflicts.

This is so simple. The definition depends on the politics of the user of the phrase, terrorist or freedom fighter. Some Tories thought the Sons of Liberty were terrorists. What's for sure, both terrorists and freedom fighters are violent.

My point exactly. Whether you're a freedom fighter or a terrorist depends entirely on perspective and who writes the history book. Thanks.

A freedom fighter doesn't burn and behead innocent people for believing in the wrong god.

If not a freedom fighter, what do you call a person who attacks weddings and funerals with a drone, controlled from another continent sitting behind a computer console?

Yes, "terrorist" is the trigger word, and the media would have us believe there is a terrorist behind every tree, around every corner. Pretty sad how indoctrinated the US citizenry have become.

Most people are afraid of ridicule..

Many people are afraid of the truth. To borrow from Jack Nicholson's character "they cannot handle the truth."

just noticed that the word 'terrorist' is the new 'racist'
it no longer maintains its original definition when applied by the media and those who have learned this technique from the media
notice how it is used as a slur today on these boards

go to the post itself, and you will see there is no act of terrorism being perpetrated
but that did not prevent the forum member from characterizing a 15 year old girl as a "terrorist"

i became alarmed at this loose current mis-application of "terrorist" when examining some photos of the vietnam war from 1966
the vietcong are "terrorists" in the same way that Yankees were "terrorists" in their effort to keep our nation united or our revolutionary fighters were "terrorists" when they secured our nation's freedom from an oppressor. but that did not keep the chronicler from currently applying that term to vietnamese natives, fighting for the independence of THEIR nation:
View attachment 67199644

50 Years Ago: A Look Back at 1966

View attachment 67199645

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/50-years-ago-a-look-back-at-1966/ss-BBqQ6KF?ocid=mailsignout#image=43

now the vietcong fighter is a "prisoner". no mention of the water-border is now THE actual "terrorist"

neither of the following photos used the word "terrorist" in their current captions. and it is my belief that it is these photos that actually reflect genuine acts of terrorism

View attachment 67199646
View attachment 67199647

giphy.gif

My point exactly. Whether you're a freedom fighter or a terrorist depends entirely on perspective and who writes the history book. Thanks.
The OP is trying a bit of politically correct trickery.
just noticed that the word 'terrorist' is the new 'racist'
it no longer maintains its original definition when applied by the media and those who have learned this technique from the media
notice how it is used as a slur today on these boards

go to the post itself, and you will see there is no act of terrorism being perpetrated
but that did not prevent the forum member from characterizing a 15 year old girl as a "terrorist"

i became alarmed at this loose current mis-application of "terrorist" when examining some photos of the vietnam war from 1966
the vietcong are "terrorists" in the same way that Yankees were "terrorists" in their effort to keep our nation united or our revolutionary fighters were "terrorists" when they secured our nation's freedom from an oppressor. but that did not keep the chronicler from currently applying that term to vietnamese natives, fighting for the independence of THEIR nation:
View attachment 67199644

50 Years Ago: A Look Back at 1966

View attachment 67199645

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/50-years-ago-a-look-back-at-1966/ss-BBqQ6KF?ocid=mailsignout#image=43

now the vietcong fighter is a "prisoner". no mention of the water-border is now THE actual "terrorist"

neither of the following photos used the word "terrorist" in their current captions. and it is my belief that it is these photos that actually reflect genuine acts of terrorism

View attachment 67199646
View attachment 67199647

Whose 'freedom' is ISIS fight for? Or those who murdered innocents in Brussels, Paris, Madrid and London?

Yes, "terrorist" is the trigger word, and the media would have us believe there is a terrorist behind every tree, around every corner. Pretty sad how indoctrinated the US citizenry have become.
Which media do you most frequent? I've never seen any of that.

Whose 'freedom' is ISIS fight for? Or those who murdered innocents in Brussels, Paris, Madrid and London?

Their own? Ours from our religions? Who knows. The point though is that their history books or oral traditions or whatever will paint them as heroes or martyrs and completely justified in their actions.

If not a freedom fighter, what do you call a person who attacks weddings and funerals with a drone, controlled from another continent sitting behind a computer console?

I do not lay it all at the feet of Media- constant coverage, people who cannot tell **** from shinola when news is reported - fear, created by themselves and wnating to lash out at a substantial number of Muslims(all) due to a few attacks.
The Trumps of the world have done a great job of disenfranchising and targeting all Muslims.
The way some on here go on about camps and such, if that happens the US is one step away from the sewer, one step closer to more stringent laws, that just do not target Muslims, but everyone.

Which media do you most frequent? I've never seen any of that.

ABC, CBS and NBC on the TV. NYT and the local mullet wrapper in print. WSJ sometimes.

I do not lay it all at the feet of Media- constant coverage, people who cannot tell **** from shinola when news is reported - fear, created by themselves and wnating to lash out at a substantial number of Muslims(all) due to a few attacks.
The Trumps of the world have done a great job of disenfranchising and targeting all Muslims.
The way some on here go on about camps and such, if that happens the US is one step away from the sewer, one step closer to more stringent laws, that just do not target Muslims, but everyone.

I DO lay it at the feet of the media.

That is why the CIA is so influential in the media, and the MIC in general.

We are creatures of the media, and we like drama, the requirement of which is "a willing suspension of disbelief". That willing suspension is easily transferred to the way we watch "the news", supposedly what is happening in the world outside. We believe what we see, and we believe what we read, disbelieving none of it, believing every bit of it.

I DO lay it at the feet of the media.

That is why the CIA is so influential in the media, and the MIC in general.

We are creatures of the media, and we like drama, the requirement of which is "a willing suspension of disbelief". That willing suspension is easily transferred to the way we watch "the news", supposedly what is happening in the world outside. We believe what we see, and we believe what we read, disbelieving none of it, believing every bit of it.
A good number do that. And then we have many who search for facts.
I agree, the media is lame, spouting to have a "Headline" or "breaking News" and the sheep folow it.

Their own? Ours from our religions? Who knows. The point though is that their history books or oral traditions or whatever will paint them as heroes or martyrs and completely justified in their actions.
They can certainly try to justify their actions but I've never heard anyone call them 'freedom fighters', even by their most ardent supporters. They have no respect at all for 'freedom'.

ABC, CBS and NBC on the TV. NYT and the local mullet wrapper in print. WSJ sometimes.
These media said "there is a terrorist behind every tree, around every corner".

Pretty sad how indoctrinated the US citizenry have become.
No, my friend, it is you who's been indoctrinated. The evidence is in the BS you just posted.

Back
Top Bottom