• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Syria slams US-led coalition strike against troops as 'act of aggression'[W:118]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Syria slams US-led coalition deadly strike against troops as 'act of aggression'

Russia is in Syria by permission. You're the one who's been exposed, and not just by me, and not just in this thread.

Sorry, no sale. I'm not the one who touted sovereignty on one thread and denigrated it on another.

Re: Syria slams US-led coalition deadly strike against troops as 'act of aggression'

Russia has backed the US up on that. You'll notice that the State Department isn't running that message any longer.

It is time to consider a future for Syria without Assad’s ouster, because it is overwhelmingly likely that is what the future will be.

President Obama's bold declaration in 2011 that Assad must go violated a fundamental principle of foreign affairs: if you articulate a policy, you had better be sure you have the means to carry it out. In Syria, we clearly did not.

Assad Is the Least Worst Option in Syria - NYTimes.com

All of what was known as Syria or just the little part that Assad/Putin still rules?

Sorry, no sale. I'm not the one who touted sovereignty on one thread and denigrated it on another.

Russia in Syria by permission isn't a denigration of sovereignty. ;) and you're the one that's been bitching about Ukrainian sovereignty while telling me you don't care that Obama doesn't have any authorization to be in Syria. I exposed your hypocrisy long before today!

Last edited:

All of what was known as Syria or just the little part that Assad/Putin still rules?

You need to understand the Russia's interests in Syria are strategic and national defense. Assad is second to that. Think warm water port.

You need to understand the Russia's interests in Syria are strategic and national defense. Assad is second to that. Think warm water port.

Yes I am well aware that Putin thinks he needs to take land from other governments to further his imperialistic crusade to make Russia great again.

Russia in Syria by permission isn't a denigration of sovereignty. ;) and you're the one that's been bitching about Ukrainian sovereignty while telling me you don't care that Obama doesn't have any authorization to be in Syria. I exposed your hypocrisy long before today!

Ukraine is a democratically elected government. Syria is a dictatorship, like Russia.

Ukraine is a democratically elected government. Syria is a dictatorship, like Russia.

Furthermore there is clearly no longer a "Syria", seeing how Assad doesn't even control most of the former state's territory anymore.

Yes I am well aware that Putin thinks he needs to take land from other governments to further his imperialistic crusade to make Russia great again.

Take, lol. He is ally to Syria, has had use of their port for a very long time. Is in Syria upon Assad's request. Typical patronizing American that thinks only the US has legitimate national security interests, and that all others defending themselves are just trying to be great.

The democratically elected government of Ukraine was driven out by force of violence with US blessings and a government favorable to Western interests was rushed in. You don't support democracy, you support US global hegemony.

The democratically elected government of Ukraine was driven out by force of violence with US blessings and a government favorable to Western interests was rushed in. You don't support democracy, you support US global hegemony.

"I do not know whether it is to yourself or Mr. Adams I am to give my thanks for the copy of the new constitution. I beg leave through you to place them where due. It will be yet three weeks before I shall receive them from America. There are very good articles in it: and very bad. I do not know which preponderate. What we have lately read in the history of Holland, in the chapter on the Stadtholder, would have sufficed to set me against a Chief magistrate eligible for a long duration, if I had ever been disposed towards one: and what we have always read of the elections of Polish kings should have forever excluded the idea of one continuable for life. Wonderful is the effect of impudent and persevering lying. The British ministry have so long hired their gazetteers to repeat and model into every form lies about our being in anarchy, that the world has at length believed them, the English nation has believed them, the ministers themselves have come to believe them, and what is more wonderful, we have believed them ourselves. Yet where does this anarchy exist? Where did it ever exist, except in the single instance of Massachusets? And can history produce an instance of a rebellion so honourably conducted? I say nothing of it's motives. They were founded in ignorance, not wickedness. God forbid we should ever be 20. years without such a rebellion.[SUP][1][/SUP] The people can not be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions it is a lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. We have had 13. states independant 11. years. There has been one rebellion. That comes to one rebellion in a century and a half for each state. What country ever existed a century and a half without a rebellion? And what country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it's natural manure. Our Convention has been too much impressed by the insurrection of Massachusets: and in the spur of the moment they are setting up a kite to keep the hen yard in order. I hope in god this article will be rectified before the new constitution is accepted." - Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787[SUP][2][/SUP]

Thomas Jefferson has nothing to due with Russian national security interests or US intrigue in Ukraine or Syria.

Thomas Jefferson has nothing to due with Russian national security interests or US intrigue in Ukraine or Syria.

Run. Hide. The eternal struggle between patriots and tyrants has everything to do with Ukraine and Syria. You're just uncomfortable being exposed on the tyrant side.

Run. Hide. The eternal struggle between patriots and tyrants has everything to do with Ukraine and Syria. You're just uncomfortable being exposed on the tyrant side.

I'm right here dude. And to your shame, you have sat in support of all US military interventions from Afghanistan to Syria which have netted 12 million refugees combined, and the dust not settled as yet, gawd knows how many deaths and injuries in them all. No, you don't give a damn about people. You care only about US dominance and power. In fact I learned that a couple years ago when I first saw you defend the use of WMD on civilian targets.

I'm right here dude. And to your shame, you have sat in support of all US military interventions from Afghanistan to Syria which have netted 12 million refugees combined, and the dust not settled as yet, gawd knows how many deaths and injuries in them all. No, you don't give a damn about people. You care only about US dominance and power. In fact I learned that a couple years ago when I first saw you defend the use of WMD on civilian targets.

You refer, I believe, to the million-life-saving use of the atomic bombs on Japan, enabling the defeat of imperial fascism. Take the other side as much as you want. We went to Afghanistan to defend ourselves from terrorist assault. In Syria we were sadly tardy to aid brave people who only wanted the means to achieve and protect their freedom. Keep licking tyrants' boots.

You refer, I believe, to the million-life-saving use of the atomic bombs on Japan, enabling the defeat of imperial fascism. Take the other side as much as you want. We went to Afghanistan to defend ourselves from terrorist assault. In Syria we were sadly tardy to aid brave people who only wanted the means to achieve and protect their freedom. Keep licking tyrants' boots.

We've defended nothing and ruined Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya and now Syria. What you support is sick. You're nothing but another in a long list of patronizing war mongering American lackey.

We've defended nothing and ruined Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya and now Syria. What you support is sick. You're nothing but another in a long list of patronizing war mongering American lackey.

From you, I'll wear that with pride. My sig line applies.

From you, I'll wear that with pride. My sig line applies.

As does mine to you and what you promote.

Just try to be consistent from one thread to another.

It's always right there.

So . . . you were for sovereignty before you were against it? Or the other way around?

You seem to have jumped track now.

You seem to have jumped track now.

Well, no. As demonstrated, you have one view on one thread and another view on another.

Well, no. As demonstrated, you have one view on one thread and another view on another.

No, that was your attempt to derail. But I upended that by pointing out that in the case of Crimea and Syria, Russia is there by invitation. With regards to the Ukraine and Syria, neither countries had invited US interference. So as usual, you're left hanging.

Take, lol. He is ally to Syria, has had use of their port for a very long time. Is in Syria upon Assad's request. Typical patronizing American that thinks only the US has legitimate national security interests, and that all others defending themselves are just trying to be great.

Putin used Assad as a excuse to make a base in Syria. When all is said and done the area around that base will not be a part of Syria. There really isnt much left to Assads Syria anyways.

Oh and I fully expected you to throw in some Putin propaganda. I am unfazed.

Putin used Assad as a excuse to make a base in Syria. When all is said and done the area around that base will not be a part of Syria. There really isnt much left to Assads Syria anyways.

Oh and I fully expected you to throw in some Putin propaganda. I am unfazed.

Russia has had a base in Syria long before Putin.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom