• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Supreme Court Weighing In on Planned Parenthood Videos

Lame attempt to paint me as something I am not. That weak kind of argument only works in grade school. It is just like the failed "have you stopped beating your wife?" type of argumentation. That level of debate is something that reasonable people don't do.

Butchering is a hyperbolic word, and its pretty obvious that you are only acting on emotion.
Really? Because I see you REALLY REALLY persistent about the accurate description of the slaughter of a million unborn children a year. And I dont really know what you mean about this whole "painting you as something you are not"...unless you arent a big Bob Ross fan.

Really? Because I see you REALLY REALLY persistent about the accurate description of the slaughter of a million unborn children a year. And I dont really know what you mean about this whole "painting you as something you are not"...unless you arent a big Bob Ross fan.

You just have a hyperbolic emotional response. That is no way to debate. But, maybe if you use all caps...

You use fallacious words like butcher and slaughter because that is all you have, anger and emotion. The kind of anger and emotion that has been used to radicalize christians and turn them into domestic terrorists.

And I disagree with you that this should mean legal consequences. Any possible harms that could happen from the influence of words is left up to the people that hear those words.

Really? So if I tell a bunch of crazy people to do something violent and they go out and do it that makes me just as much to blame as them? Can you perhaps explain how?

I don't understand how telling people babies are cut up for profit by PP somehow makes you to blame for people using that information to commit violence.

The kid with the emotional problems. :shrug:

Of course, and I didn't say otherwise.

It's telling people that babies are cut up for profit when that is not, in fact, the case. That's the problem: spreading false information.

In every post you say otherwise. The kid driven to suicide simply has emotional problems. The crowd in t he theater should have known better and not panicked. ISIS is not to blame when some nutter does what they tell them to do and goes on a shooting rampage. Telling people that PP is cutting up babies for sale like a butcher cuts up chickens doesn't incite violence. Why, you can say anything, anything at all, and not take responsibility.

and you say you're not a liberal! Isn't that part of most people's definition, not accepting personal responsibility for individual decisions?

It's telling people that babies are cut up for profit when that is not, in fact, the case. That's the problem: spreading false information.

The fact is they kill the unborn and then harvest their parts. As for profit, you might have noticed that most people that have a problem with it were far more concerned with the fundamental nature of the act they are committing. Sure, people were bothered by hearing they were making a profit, but the fact they harvest the organs of their victims was far more troubling for people.

In every post you say otherwise. The kid driven to suicide simply has emotional problems. The crowd in t he theater should have known better and not panicked. ISIS is not to blame when some nutter does what they tell them to do and goes on a shooting rampage. Telling people that PP is cutting up babies for sale like a butcher cuts up chickens doesn't incite violence. Why, you can say anything, anything at all, and not take responsibility.

and you say you're not a liberal! Isn't that part of most people's definition, not accepting personal responsibility for individual decisions?

As I said, words can only lead to people possibly doing something on their own free will. If people decide to take my words or yours and act violently because of them that is entirely on them. Most people are not going to lose control and trample people to death if they hear of a fire, most people are not going to attack PP if they hear of something they are doing, and most people are not going to commit acts of terrorism or kill themselves because of things someone says.

Last edited:
But the videos were edited in a deceptive manner, which is why the group is hiding & attempting to remain anonymous.

If this was an accurate unbiased documentary, there'd be no problems and I'm sure the group would be taking credit for their work.

Instead, they're in hiding.

What is the nature of the deceptive editing?

Did the folks actually not say what they appear to be saying?

You have a link that shows the edited version compared to the unedited version and demonstrates the way(s) in which the words were twisted, taken out of context or whatever?

The clips I watched seemed like complete sentences and no coersion or tampering in the body of the clip.

I'm not a video pathologist, but to the layman...

All I'm asking for is the link and a little guidance to exact example that you are actually pointing to as the deceptive editing.

You radicalize people for years with anti abortion rhetoric, give them easy access to weapons, this stuff happens. Happens the same with radical islam.

Actually, they are not that much different. Some in the US desperately want a "Christian" caliphate, and to bring back the Spanish Inquisition.

The fact is they kill the unborn and then harvest their parts. As for profit, you might have noticed that most people that have a problem with it were far more concerned with the fundamental nature of the act they are committing. Sure, people were bothered by hearing they were making a profit, but the fact they harvest the organs of their victims was far more troubling for people.

As I said, words can only lead to people possibly doing something on their own free will. If people decide to take my words or yours and act violently because of them that is entirely on them. Most people are not going to lose control and trample people to death if they hear of a fire, most people are not going to attack PP if they hear of something they are doing, and most people are not going to commit acts of terrorism or kill themselves because of things someone says.

So, regardless of what you say, any actions that take place as a result are the result of others' free will. Therefore, you can say anything, true or not, and accept no responsibility for it.

Sorry, but in my world, it doesn't work that way.

Actually, they are not that much different. Some in the US desperately want a "Christian" caliphate, and to bring back the Spanish Inquisition.

Just read the comments section at Dead Breitbart, and you will be horrified.

Yes. Culture is heavily influenced via media - publications, music and movies all spread messages to the masses. If advertising did not work it would have become extinct long ago.

They don't encourage it, they accompany it. People use it in their preparations for these events. They have the spiritual significance of incense at a church or decorations, they enhance the ultimate self destructive mentality of these people.

Corporate donations- smaller companies making donations? They may not want to have that as public knowledge.

"All the power and none of the consequences?"

Screw them. Same as they want to force on women...their 'opinions' and yet they dont have to pay the consequences...women and their families do.

"All the power and none of the consequences?"

Screw them. Same as they want to force on women...their 'opinions' and yet they dont have to pay the consequences...women and their families do.

Well said.

When you hear there is a fire in the building you are supposed to leave in an organized manner. If you can't manage to do that then whatever happens is on you.

And when you are leaving in an organized manner and idiots are panicking and run you down and you cant escape?

It's amazing how tight the blinders when people dont want to see something that doesnt conform to their ideology :roll: Shortsightedness to the point of negative integers.

Serious question: Do you think that songs can encourage violence and suicide?

Yes, esp. for stupid or weak people. Or those already steeped in an ideology, esp one that has been corrupted.

And when you are leaving in an organized manner and idiots are panicking and run you down and you cant escape?

It's amazing how tight the blinders when people dont want to see something that doesnt conform to their ideology :roll: Shortsightedness to the point of negative integers.

That would be the fault of the idiots.

Yes, who infringed on the rights to life of the people trampled, who were leaving in an organized manner?

You are attempting to hold those that are infringed UPON as responsible. It's ridiculous.

Last edited:
You just have a hyperbolic emotional response. That is no way to debate. But, maybe if you use all caps...

You use fallacious words like butcher and slaughter because that is all you have, anger and emotion. The kind of anger and emotion that has been used to radicalize christians and turn them into domestic terrorists.

:lamo How sad for you. We could probably find some soft cute little words to describe your endorsement of the slaughter of a million unborn babies. But I'll let work on that since you are the one with the delicate senses. I just call it like it is. But really...I'm totally fine with whatever descriptors you choose to use that make butchering unborn children more palatable. You are the one that has to live with it.

:lamo How sad for you. We could probably find some soft cute little words to describe your endorsement of the slaughter of a million unborn babies. But I'll let work on that since you are the one with the delicate senses. I just call it like it is. But really...I'm totally fine with whatever descriptors you choose to use that make butchering unborn children more palatable. You are the one that has to live with it.

Stop saying stupid things. Seriously.

Stop saying stupid things. Seriously.

That's not very helpful. I offered you the opportunity to give us some more soft fuzzy terms to describe your endorsement of the butchering of unborn children and that's all you can offer?

Yes, it is the fault of idiots that the blinders get put on tight when people don't want to see something that doesn't conform to their ideology.

No court is going to rule in favor of these pro life groups. Planned parenthood is a part of the abortion industry that is supported by the US government. They could care less what planned parenthood is doing. The Supreme Court is not the independent 3rd arm of the government anymore.

So, regardless of what you say, any actions that take place as a result are the result of others' free will. Therefore, you can say anything, true or not, and accept no responsibility for it.

Sorry, but in my world, it doesn't work that way.

What I'm saying is that any actions someone decides to take as a response to words is their doing. The way that I see it, people are not in control of what happens in someone else and can only influence another persons feelings or actions with mere words. If I say someone is an idiot, ugly, or call them some other kind of insult it might make them feel bad or it might have very little effect at all. Whatever my intention might be when I use words if they are capable of doing anything at all is up to those hearing them. How we respond to words is influenced by what we think of ourselves, others and the world and it is our responsibility to respond in constructive and rational ways.

Last edited:
What I'm saying is that any actions someone decides to take as a response to words is their doing. The way that I see it, people are not in control of what happens in someone else and can only influence another persons feelings or actions with mere words. If I say someone is an idiot, ugly, or call them some other kind of insult it might make them feel bad or it might have very little effect at all. Whatever my intention might be when I use words if they are capable of doing anything at all is up to those hearing them. How we respond to words is influenced by what we think of ourselves, others and the world and it is our responsibility to respond in constructive and rational ways.

And if you convince them that a particular entity is evil and must be destroyed, you have no responsibility for the destruction that follows?

And if you convince them that a particular entity is evil and must be destroyed, you have no responsibility for the destruction that follows?

You already know my answer to that.

Back
Top Bottom