• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Supreme Court Gets Jan 6th Defendant Out of Jail.

Overcharging, perhaps, but most every single one of those J6 criminals had charges dropped or lowered when they chose a plea deal rather than a trial?

Also, I can't name a single solitary one of these criminals that got the MAXIMUM sentencing, or even came close to it, allowed for their crimes?

Frankly, I think if there was to be any truth to corruption of the DoJ, it would be what is happening now with what appears to be some attempted legislation from the Benches in order to mollycoddle these J6 criminals.

I haven't checked recently but you're correct. In fact many of the sentences fell below what the prosecution requested which was not the maximum to begin with.

MSN + Breaking News rules can create a bit of a problem because I've noticed some inaccurate headlines from MSN lately.

If I understand the article correctly, this guy is still in jail albeit the judge looks ready to let him out after his other sentences have been served. So the effect of SCOTUS taking up the case will likely be uneven depending upon how many other charges people have. I suspect the worst offenders are both likely to have the charge stick and still have a lot of time left to serve.

The guy was there on Jan 6th because trump said "Be there. Will be wild".

LOL. No. He was sentenced to three years in prison for a felony conviction of obstruction of an official proceeding, as well as 12 months and six months for misdemeanor charges. Or, as you describe it "waving a confederate flag".

Trump looks like a piece of shit anyway.
I believe Moon's post was sarcastic.

He's still in custody. He was sentenced to 36 months. If they remove the felony conviction his sentence would have been 1 year (assuming they even jailed him) and that one year mark is May 31.

Here's the ruling:

Seefried surrendered to the custody of the Attorney General on or before May 31, 2023.See ECF No. 158. So his one-year custodial sentence on the misdemeanor charges will end on or before May 31, 2024. See Judgment at 3 (ordering that all custodial sentences are to be servedconcurrently). In that case, the question for the Court is whether Seefried’s appeal is likely to conclude before or after May 31, 2024. See 18 U.S.C. § 3143(b)(1)(B)(iv).

Well he's not exactly "free", he is released pending the case.
o
But the seditionists better hope this doesn't backfire, if the SCOTUS ends up agreeing with the courts, their sentences could be set at consecutive instead of concurrent. We'll have to see though.

This particular man was not charged with sedition. The charge in question is obstruction of an official proceeding, and yes, he is free until a decision is made about the obstruction charge. If they drop that charge, then in all likelihood, he's already served his time for the other misdemeanor type charges.

"On Tuesday, Judge Trevor McFadden ruled that Seefried can be released from his prison sentence awaiting the court's decision."

More on the above.
Newsweek

Last edited:
He's still in custody. He was sentenced to 36 months. If they remove the felony conviction his sentence would have been 1 year (assuming they even jailed him) and that one year mark is May 31.

Here's the ruling:

Seefried surrendered to the custody of the Attorney General on or before May 31, 2023.See ECF No. 158. So his one-year custodial sentence on the misdemeanor charges will end on or before May 31, 2024. See Judgment at 3 (ordering that all custodial sentences are to be servedconcurrently). In that case, the question for the Court is whether Seefried’s appeal is likely to conclude before or after May 31, 2024. See 18 U.S.C. § 3143(b)(1)(B)(iv).
Oh no, is the seditionist still in jail?

The charge in question is obstruction of an official proceeding, and yes, he is free until a decision is made about the obstruction charge.
Nope. He still has time to serve for his other charges. He will likely be freed June 1st.

Nope. He still has time to serve for his other charges. He will likely be freed June 1st.

Then, obviously the Newsweek article misinformed the reader when they said, "On Tuesday, Judge Trevor McFadden ruled that Seefried can be released from his prison sentence awaiting the court's decision."

On further review, the article did say what you wrote above. Ooops. :oops:
Looks like 5/31 will be his release day unless the SC rules against him before that date, and the latter seems unlikely by then.

Thanks for catching that exoplanet.

Just the beginning. More to come when Trump is re-elected, if not sooner.
I just mentioned this Confederate traitor insurrectionist, and seditionist recently. He was to serve 36 months. Did he even serve a year?

WTF does this guy have to do w/ Trump?

This guy was waving a confederate flag.

So, obviously he was a Democrat, The Real Racists™.

Why is Trump going to help Demonrats get out of prison?

Did you just throw Trump's name in there to make Trump look like a piece of shit who helps racist Democrats?
😏
More "no we're not, you are!" abject nonsense. :rolleyes: You're not just talking to your idiot buddies here.

I just mentioned this Confederate traitor insurrectionist, and seditionist recently. He was to serve 36 months. Did he even serve a year?
I don't know. Thank God for the Supreme Court.

"By the end of 2021, 725 people had been charged with federal crimes. That number rose to 1,000 by the second anniversary of the attack, and to 1,200 by the third anniversary, at which point over 890 people had been found guilty of federal crimes."

Wiki

And those numbers aren't totally up to date.

Here's the court document:

Approximately May 31 will be the one year mark and his release.

Overcharging, perhaps, but most every single one of those J6 criminals had charges dropped or lowered when they chose a plea deal rather than a trial?

Also, I can't name a single solitary one of these criminals that got the MAXIMUM sentencing, or even came close to it, allowed for their crimes?

Frankly, I think if there was to be any truth to corruption of the DoJ, it would be what is happening now with what appears to be some attempted legislation from the Benches in order to mollycoddle these J6 criminals.

Over charging is actually extremely common in the federal system and contrary to what some supporters of the J6 guys say is not unique to them. Similarly, charges being dropped or reduced as part of a plea is also extremely common how things are done in the federal system. And the overwhelming amount of cases to plea bargain rather than trial, often including people who may actually be innocent (this has long been a criticism of criminal justice reformers about our system).

Given the above, the likelihood that any J6er would get MAXIMUM time would be highly unlikely because most took a plea and pleas rarely wind up with max time.

Furthermore, there is no “legislation from the bench” here but rather a pretty legitimate matter of interpritstion of the law. Additionally, not sure how action taken by the court could be Corruption by the DOJ.

Most of The J6ers didn't really get slammed compared to most Fed cases. They did get slammed compared to most rioters. I can understand people being frustrated by that (guys who wandered into the capital but broke nothing and hit no one got more time than some people torching shit previously or setting off explosives at a federal court house)…but the reality is MOST people who do a crime that is charged federally get a harsher punishment than those charged a state offense. That isn't unique to J6ers

Trump will lose. He did promise to pardon all the Jan 6th criminals, but he does lie a lot. We'll never know.

You have to be careful listening to Trump's actual words and remember that he likes to play games with them. During the fraud trial he was confront about the deed he signed which talked about the word "intending" his answer was---just because you intend to do something it doesn't mean you will.

At one point when discussing J6 prisoners he tossed in the word "many".

Trump didn't specify how many of the rioters he would pardon, though he said last year that "I am inclined to pardon many of them. I can't say for every single one, because a couple of them, probably they got out of control."

And we absolutely know for a fact that for Trump, "many" can be anything any random number he chooses.

Idk if it was the rally that I was reading about but I know one of the J6 twitter people commented that the prisoners were pissed off at Trump because he said he'd release the ones wrongfully convicted. And my guess is they picked up on that "wrongfully convicted" because they already got screwed with the money from the exact same song Trump is playing at his rallies. They had created the choir and done the song themselves and then wanted to add Trump and publish the song. What the J6 choir understood was the money raised would go to them and/or their families to either help with legal stuff, or family needs.

Imagine their surprise when very little or no money made it's way to them. And that's because of this little detail in the agreement--

The project was reportedly organized by conservative commentator and former Fox News host Ed Henry,[1] American record executive LJ Fino [7] and their record label Mailman Media, INC. who have stated that royalties will be donated to family members of people incarcerated for participating in the Capitol attack. The recipients will be vetted to ensure funds only flow to families of people who did not assault law enforcement officers during the attack.

I don't know who all the members are, but I can tell you many if not all have conviction for violence in their charges. The choir director is Jeff Sabol. He can be heard every night calling out the three minute warning before the group sings the song. These are Jeff Sabol charges:

Jeffrey Sabol, 53, of Kittredge, Colorado, was sentenced to 63 months in prison, 36 months of supervised release, and ordered to pay $32,165.65 in restitution by U.S. District Judge Rudolph Contreras. Sabol was convicted of three felony charges following a stipulated bench trial before Judge Contreras on Aug. 18, 2023, including obstruction of an official proceeding and aiding and abetting, federal robbery, and assaulting, resisting, or impeding certain officers with a deadly or dangerous weapon and aiding and abetting.
So when it came money time surprise!!! No soup for you!
Which leads me back to why they were pissed off recently. When he used the term "wrongfully" that puts in a stipulation just like the "did not assault" and the prisoners want nothing LESS than to have him pardon and release 100% of them. So when he doesn't (if he even has the chance) he can just point the words and say--nope sorry, you weren't wrongfully convicted. And at that point he'll have absolutely zero to lose because he'll have already gotten the votes from the friends and family thinking he's going to let them all go. He'll probably not even remember them in the slightest while they sit in prison and say WHAT???? But you said!!!!!

Another Lucy with the football moment for J6. :cool:

Why are you surprised I'm still here?

Yes, I'm positive there won't be a midnight blackout again.
Woah, over 1200 posts in 7 days? That must be a board record.

Woah, over 1200 posts in 7 days? That must be a board record.
I try to answer every post addressed to me. Looks like a lot of people want to spar with a MAGGAT.

Back
Top Bottom