• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

So what is the killing weapon worth?

I agree. The object might be well sought after. People collect old Nazi memorabilia, not because they are Nazis but because of the story that the object connects to. Thing is, no matter what Z did, I doubt it would help his publicity issue.

Best thing he could do would be move to another state, change his name, grow a beard, and lose 40 pounds, and never use the words "neighborhood watch" again.

His life will be in danger as long as his name is known.

Best thing he could do would be move to another state, change his name, grow a beard, and lose 40 pounds, and never use the words "neighborhood watch" again.

His life will be in danger as long as his name is known.

I would agree with you. He probably needs to live a nondescript life from here on. Doesn't matter whether what he did was perfectly justified or not. It may not be fair to him, but it is reality.

Those Keltecs are not worth the retail price they are getting now.

I shot one once - I would feel more comfortable with a hammer and a nail for detonating the round.

I'm not fond of KelTec and opted instead as the tiny pocket gun for the Ruger .380.

Virtually ALL of the polymer lightweight pocket pistols are NOT made to withstand a long firing-life in terms of wear factors. While usually easy fixes, they aren't made of materials that can reliably fire thousands of rounds.

And there can always be manufacturing glitches. A fella I know bought two double stack Berreta .380s (I do NOT like the feel of those and see .380 as only better-than-nothing) and they weren't cheap. The machining was atrocious! The slides were so off it impossible to get either to even possibly sight in, and both jammed before a full clip.

KelTec is a lower ticket lightweight. OK for the price. The most Bang-for-the-buck remains HiPoints, but it's not like they are small or attractive. Big. Ugly. Cheap. But they work.

I don't think GZ needs be reclusive the rest of his life at all. My suggestion would be to find a friendly circle, ideally with commercial/income potential, and try to get into that. I've always opposed the idea that the price of being charged with a crime is losing your freedom of speech. While for a while he has to be cautious, ultimately he could turn his ordeal into advocacy for change and as his income source. They claimed that Anthony woman would have to go into hiding forever too or she'd get killed. Wasn't so. It isn't so for GZ either. He just has to figure how to best act, position himself and make an income for his situation.

Well, today, someone would likely pay more than the otherwise normal street value for it… But as a collector, I wouldn't…

The reason being that in 72 hours, Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman will be minor footnotes of recent history and in 72 months, few people will have thought of either one in 71 months.

At that point, all you'll have is a 9mm acp… worth about 350 bucks.
But the rifle that killed JFK....now that would still be worth something.

I wouldn't mind having the shotgun that Cheney used to shoot a lawyer in the face.

OH... a 1911 guy. Okay, that explains your reaction.

Okay, they have these things today in 2013 called DAO triggers... double action only... like revolvers but not as stiff.... yes I'm being a smartass :)

Seriously though, if you'd grown up shooting revolvers like me, you'd think the DAO trigger on an autopistol was smooth as silk, compared to a rusty old Model 10.

I did cut my teeth on DA revolvers, and still have quite a few.

My first autos were DA/SA (SW 59 if you must know) and the early Ruger autos.

The 1911s cannot be beat, but I recognize them for their SA sweetness.

I have been migrating to striker-fired autos, XDs and a Kahr.

My friend has a Keltec 9mm (the one that I shot) and it's small size coupled with the gritty and nasty pull makes me cringe.

My EDC is a Kahr PM45, striker fired of course, with a DAO/striker trigger.

While is is a long pull, it is smooth and crisp and breaks cleanly.

I have worked the triggers on most of my guns, and I find that heavy but smooth pulls are OK.

Keltec ain't smooth - it feels like dragging a metal rod through coarse sand.....

I did cut my teeth on DA revolvers, and still have quite a few.

My first autos were DA/SA (SW 59 if you must know) and the early Ruger autos.

The 1911s cannot be beat, but I recognize them for their SA sweetness.

I have been migrating to striker-fired autos, XDs and a Kahr.

My friend has a Keltec 9mm (the one that I shot) and it's small size coupled with the gritty and nasty pull makes me cringe.

My EDC is a Kahr PM45, striker fired of course, with a DAO/striker trigger.

While is is a long pull, it is smooth and crisp and breaks cleanly.

I have worked the triggers on most of my guns, and I find that heavy but smooth pulls are OK.

Keltec ain't smooth - it feels like dragging a metal rod through coarse sand.....

Sounds like the gun just hasn't been cleaned properly or else has something wrong with it. I didn't notice a bad trigger on either of the kelty's I've shot.

But the rifle that killed JFK....now that would still be worth something.

Huh… yeah. And given that JFK was killed by that rifle 50 years ago and you still know who he is, is why it would retain the value… which is to say the historical significance.

Having thought about it, if the Feds pick up a civil rights charge on Zimmerman, the 9mm used to defend himself against a foolish teenager intent upon threatening his life, may well be something of value too, given that it could be the piece that started the first actual, US Civil War; OKA: The Last Bad Idea Leftists Pushed in the US.

Sounds like the gun just hasn't been cleaned properly or else has something wrong with it. I didn't notice a bad trigger on either of the kelty's I've shot.

Interesting.

I feel a trip to the local gun shop on the horizon......

Those Keltecs are not worth the retail price they are getting now.

I shot one once - I would feel more comfortable with a hammer and a nail for detonating the round.
Trayvon Martin might argue with you the reliability and effectiveness of the Keltec in a close quarter high stress conflict situation forcing a draw from cover while in actual contact with the combatant.

So now that Zimmerman is out and free and gets his property back, I wonder what the killing weapon would fetch in a public auction?

I bet lot more than that chunk of concrete would, (had TM gotten his way.) ;)

[/tongue in cheek]

I thought the chunk of concrete was just a prop...

Uh oh...

I should have read the thread before making my last post. I thought I was being original. My bad. :3oops:

Great minds think alike. :2wave:

Back
Top Bottom