• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sheriffs' Group Calls on Officers: Refuse to Enforce Gun Control... [W:137]

Re: Sheriffs' Group Calls on Officers: Refuse to Enforce Gun Control...

Yes it does. And a tiny nasty infection can ruin the entire bodies sense of well being as well.
The body is already infected, this may be the injection of the antibiotics.

Ah, refuse to enforce the gun control laws that HAVEN'T BEEN PASSED.

What ****ing planet do you live on? It's easier to get a gun now than it was 30 years ago, and you whiners still bitch about how they're trying to take your ****ing toys.

Grow up.
If you have to get permission from the government to do something, it's not a right anymore. Would a requirement to get a background check prior to giving a speech, buying a book, or making a post be an infringement of 1A rights? If yes, then it's also an infringement of 2A rights. If no, then whether you support the implementation of this program or not, you acknowledge that the government has the legitimate authority to do it.

widespread gun ownership by citizens was seen as a vaccine against the scourge and pestilence of the disease known as collectivism

Politicians that willfully violate the constitution should be thrown in prison.

Let me know when you find one that admits that is what they did.

If you have to get permission from the government to do something, it's not a right anymore. Would a requirement to get a background check prior to giving a speech, buying a book, or making a post be an infringement of 1A rights? If yes, then it's also an infringement of 2A rights. If no, then whether you support the implementation of this program or not, you acknowledge that the government has the legitimate authority to do it.

I bet if some pro-life state passed a law that required women to get a background check before getting an abortion the supreme court would strike it down.

NO - its just a small bunch of ideological extremists.

NO - its just a small bunch of ideological extremists.
A few milligrams of medicine can cure a 50 kilogram organism. You can call it extremism if you like, but standing on principle to protect rights at potentially great personal risk is heroic.

Ah, refuse to enforce the gun control laws that HAVEN'T BEEN PASSED.

What ****ing planet do you live on? It's easier to get a gun now than it was 30 years ago, and you whiners still bitch about how they're trying to take your ****ing toys.

Grow up.

That would be prior to the Brady bunch and I do not agree it is easier now. Nobody is protecting toys around here but screw with our rights and you are going to have a fight. Give yours way if you want, you obviously do not appreciate them. Government will look after you.

I bet if some pro-life state passed a law that required women to get a background check before getting an abortion the supreme court would strike it down.
That's an excellent point. Per the current interpretation of the commerce clause, and by the recognition that each state has the authority to regulate intra-state trade, they would be well within their prescribed authority to have such a requirement. The logic would be identical to the requirement for gun registration, both at the federal level and the handful of states that have their own additional requirements (NY, CA, NJ, MD, DC, IL, MI or, in other words, the rotten apples).

A few milligrams of medicine can cure a 50 kilogram organism. You can call it extremism if you like, but standing on principle to protect rights at potentially great personal risk is heroic.

It will be a contest between ideological berserker's willing to kill as against the slaughter, servitude and loss of freedom not fighting madmen promises. So far people have never managed to wake up in time to make even a half hearted fight of it. 262 million last century and counting. Nobody knows why or how to see it coming but that can be done. It's a well known recipe. First the propaganda of hatred and fear, then dehumanisation a good example in the previous post 3 up. Then rights and guns go out the window and the killing can begin. Not difficult. All it needs is something to exploit and apathetic citizens.

Last edited:

Let me know when you find one that admits that is what they did.

Ever seen a carer criminal who admits guilt?

Ever seen a carer criminal who admits guilt?

Thank you for supporting my claim.

They are to uphold the law, whether they like it or not. But of course ICE is too, and we can see how well that works. If the law is at the discretion of the interpreter, we may soon see chaos. So I don't know. I am all for the 2nd and our right to carry, but am also for upholding the law, whatever it may be.

The second amendment is part of the constitution THE SUPREME law of the land. Further almost every state in the union has a constitution which at the least reflects the constitution. If a sheriff takes an oath to protect and defend the constitution then his priority is the constitution first everything else second on down. If state or county law is contrary to the constitution ,United States and or State, then the sheriff is under no obligation to uphold or enforce it.

The second amendment is part of the constitution THE SUPREME law of the land. Further almost every state in the union has a constitution which at the least reflects the constitution. If a sheriff takes an oath to protect and defend the constitution then his priority is the constitution first everything else second on down. If state or county law is contrary to the constitution ,United States and or State, then the sheriff is under no obligation to uphold or enforce it.

At a certain point, any patchwork system can no longer be fixed. How many hundreds of thousands of pages of laws, policies, and regulations are there in the US code, and how many of those contradict each other? There will come a time when the only viable fix is a reboot, a complete re-write from scratch, a clean slate. I think many people yearn for this, which would explain to some degree the popularity of the zombie genre: no laws, and not only is it allowed to kill shambling humans who only want to take, it is proved time and time again that failure to do so leads to tragedy later. It also explains what can only be described as the "screw it" popularity of the current leaders and all-but-presumptive nominees from both parties, as well as several of the also-rans.

How close are we to this point? Could be centuries, could be decades, could be tomorrow. The inevitability of outcomes is always "obvious" after the fact.

What they do not grasp is the fact that one in three Americans own guns and when one takes out the numbers of minors (not allowed to own them) and adds in criminals that would never admit to own them (also not allowed) the number raises even higher. So when he says small number he is referring to close to half the population. Oh and don't forget those that, while they may not own guns themselves, do support the 2nd A, another group banners ignore because it does not fit their agenda. When confronted by reality most banners simply ignore it or repeat their same old failed arguments, the problem is they have no answer to the root causes meaning criminals and the mentally ill, remove them from the scenario and you find we have little in the way of a "gun problem".

What they do not grasp is the fact that one in three Americans own guns and when one takes out the numbers of minors (not allowed to own them) and adds in criminals that would never admit to own them (also not allowed) the number raises even higher. So when he says small number he is referring to close to half the population. Oh and don't forget those that, while they may not own guns themselves, do support the 2nd A, another group banners ignore because it does not fit their agenda. When confronted by reality most banners simply ignore it or repeat their same old failed arguments, the problem is they have no answer to the root causes meaning criminals and the mentally ill, remove them from the scenario and you find we have little in the way of a "gun problem".

I've only owned guns for a little over 3 years, getting in during the panic of 2013. Prior to that, I was always a staunch defender of 2A rights despite not exercising my own. Now, I am a very dedicated advocate, and it still amazes me how much nonsense one has to be subjected to at an FFL in order to purchase a gun. If you need government permission, it's not a right. If you have to fill out a government form to do it, and will be denied if you don't, it's not a right. That's why I mostly do private sales now, not that I couldn't pass a background check: I have passed numerous ones, for gun purchases, for a CHL, and for work, but I find the necessity for what is a right but is treated akin to leprosy by the federal government to be wholly unacceptable and obnoxious. Fortunately, I live in one of the 32 states where private sales don't require any government involvement and, of course, the USFG has no jurisdiction over intrastate private sales.

Thank you for supporting my claim.

Actually I was using it to show politicians are no different to carer criminal but I guess that is what you wanted to say.

They are to uphold the law, whether they like it or not. But of course ICE is too, and we can see how well that works. If the law is at the discretion of the interpreter, we may soon see chaos. So I don't know. I am all for the 2nd and our right to carry, but am also for upholding the law, whatever it may be.

But all laws are an interpretation of our rights. Government has no power to change the constitution and just because it can get a favourable judgement from its own courts does not mean it is constitutional. As a matter of interest who do you think enforces and polices our law, the constitution?

Actually I was using it to show politicians are no different to carer criminal but I guess that is what you wanted to say.

Thank you for supporting my claim with your post #86.

But all laws are an interpretation of our rights. Government has no power to change the constitution and just because it can get a favourable judgement from its own courts does not mean it is constitutional. As a matter of interest who do you think enforces and polices our law, the constitution?

If a law is passed and ratified then it's constitutional until lawfully ruled otherwise. Until then, a law officer must enforce all of the law. Not place himself above the law to pick and choose.

If our current laws state that such and such is to be enforced, it should be done. If laws change, enforcement should reflect as much. I don't care much for individual entities taking the law in their own hands.

If our current laws state that such and such is to be enforced, it should be done. If laws change, enforcement should reflect as much. I don't care much for individual entities taking the law in their own hands.

There is no duty to obey a bad law and obeying it is not a successful defence. It also interferes with states power and I agree citizens do have redress by objecting. Blind obedience is for slaves and serfs. However doing so may well annoy a government that can feel confident in prosecuting such an individual/group without repercussion. Which is why it is better for government to fear the people.

Thank you for supporting my claim with your post #86.

I have no idea what you are babbling about was I not clear? Why do you think your vague references and generalities have any significance?

If a law is passed and ratified then it's constitutional until lawfully ruled otherwise. Until then, a law officer must enforce all of the law. Not place himself above the law to pick and choose.

That is unless the vast majority of those that elected them disagree with enforcing the law and after all he is there to stand up for their rights and why they were elected. Thankfully there are LEO's out there that use their own brain when it comes to enforcement of laws, especially one that goes against the Rights that the Founders made sure specifically ensure.

No any bad law must be challenged and that is the courts ruling that there is no duty to obey a bad law.

Back
Top Bottom