• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Secrets of Noah's Arc

Oh, you know how God creates life do you? LOL.

I know how a fetus develops

so which is it? Is the story of Noah allegory or is it just a lie?

You know how God installs the human spirit in the baby? I don't think so.

There was a real flood. Jesus (God) confirmed it in the Gospels.

But, the gospels only cover a teeny tiny little portion of the entire world.

How did the sloths swim over from S. America? How did the koalas get there, what did they eat? What did the predators eat?

Oh wait....let me guess......IT WAS A MIRACLE! :roll:

You know how God installs the human spirit in the baby? I don't think so.

There was a real flood. Jesus (God) confirmed it in the Gospels.

There wasn't a global flood. The bible describes a global flood.

I suppose a third option is that the bible was mistaken. They thought the flood was global but it was only local.

I suppose a third option is that the bible was mistaken. They thought the flood was global but it was only local.
There probably wasn't even a flood to begin with.

There probably wasn't even a flood to begin with.

Mhmm. The ancient cultures of the ME all drew influence from the earlier Babylonian creation myth, the Enuma Elish, which appeared in the early Bronze age in ancient Mesopotamia. In the mythology, the world was created from the flayed carcass of a giant sea dragon, Tiamat, where her belly was the land that we inhabited and her flanks the oceans below and above us.

It filtered down through cultures until the idea got lodged in the Bible that there existed a physical firmament in the skies that Heaven sat on top of and why when the flood started in Christian mythology, God opened the skies to begin the flood ... it's "where the water was."

Outside of the mystical ancient scripts that Logicman waives around, there's no evidence at all of a global flood.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firmament
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enûma_Eliš

Back
Top Bottom