• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Scientists Not So Sure 'Doomsday Machine' Won't Destroy World

Exactly how would they know how long it would last for?

Some physicists believe a Black Hole is a type of reaction not yet undersood, actually burning matter (so to speak for basic understanding) and all the matter drawn to the reaction by it's rapidly increasing gravity is burned into a type of ash (so to speak for basic understanding) much smaller than our current comprehension.

The one second may be all that is needed for the rapidly accelerating gravity to suck earth's matter into the reaction.....

If I'm understanding what you're saying right, you have zero understanding of black holes. I could say "some Conservatives wish all poor white males, African Americans, women, and any other minority were slaves." You would reply "those people are idiots... blah blah blah." Just because some "physicists" claim this or that, doesn't mean they're accredited or even have the right idea. If you ask a thousand people what 2x + 3x^2 + 8 is, even people who got A+s in Algebra 2, not every single one of them is going to get the problem right. Then you have black holes which are infinitely more complex than quadratic equations. Out of the hundreds of thousands of scientists, how come only a few seem to have a problem with this device considering it could "potentially end our lives." Don't say it's some big conspiracy theory. I doubt even those "evil science conspirators" would keep something quiet that would kill us all.

Back
Top Bottom