• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

SAPD officer shot, killed near police HQ downtown

MickeyW

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
At 11:45 a.m. Sunday, a San Antonio police officer was shot and killed while performing a routine traffic stop near police headquarters downtown, police Chief William McManus said.
McManus said the shooting occurred on the south side of SAPD headquarters, where an officer was issuing a traffic citation. As he did so, a black vehicle pulled up behind the officer's unit.
SAPD officer shot, killed near police HQ downtown - San Antonio Express-News

Suspect just pulled up behind the cop, got out, walked to the driver's door and put a bullet in the cops head? Unreal.

At 11:45 a.m. Sunday, a San Antonio police officer was shot and killed while performing a routine traffic stop near police headquarters downtown, police Chief William McManus said.
McManus said the shooting occurred on the south side of SAPD headquarters, where an officer was issuing a traffic citation. As he did so, a black vehicle pulled up behind the officer's unit.
SAPD officer shot, killed near police HQ downtown - San Antonio Express-News
Well, I see only two choices here:

1] A bad blood (revenge, business) killing.

2] Random target of a sociopath with a grudge against the department.

I think the M.O. pretty much precludes much else.

Sucks... hope they catch and shoot him.

This is very sad and im not even a big fan of cops. Well at least those that are corrupt. But a huamn being preforming his duty to serve and protect to be gunned down like its nothing is truely sad and i feel for his family and department. This country is headed for dark time like we have never seen and so many are going to see what they have been trying to deny for so long.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

I see one more thing....a Black man murdering a white cop.

This is very sad and im not even a big fan of cops. Well at least those that are corrupt. But a huamn being preforming his duty to serve and protect to be gunned down like its nothing is truely sad and i feel for his family and department. This country is headed for dark time like we have never seen and so many are going to see what they have been trying to deny for so long.

I might agree...but can you be more specific?

I try not to get my self caught up in the crazyness of being called a racists ect. You have asked so i will answer. Every 16 minutes a white person is killed by another race in our country but you never hear about that number nor do you see those cases on our news. Yesterday wlm activists had. Rallies across the country calking for hate crimes to be equal across the board. This was one of those such acts but it has yet to be given that discription. WLM is all over the news as raciest and horrible persons but not one crime has been commited nor has anyone been harmed or freeways shut down ect at the hands of any of us. But yet we are the hate group while police are dying and men and woman are being attacked in the name of antifa BLM BAMN and others. Things are just what they are and people need to recognize that. Instead of putting on blinders and pretending to be on the other side what is sad is when things do go forward and people begin to stand up for them selves those people who made the choice to stand opposing will be used as shields and turned apon. I do not hate anyone hate is a weakness. I feel all should have the right to love who they are and want to protect that it does not mean we all are same or should be. Differwnt is what makes the world go round it needs to stay that way

Seriously? :roll:

Yeah, what's left?

blm crazies ofcourse..

Leftist politically motivated domestic terrorism.. The elephant in the room..

Ya ya i know the program its time to change the channel

I try not to get my self caught up in the crazyness of being called a racists ect. You have asked so i will answer. Every 16 minutes a white person is killed by another race in our country but you never hear about that number nor do you see those cases on our news. Yesterday wlm activists had. Rallies across the country calking for hate crimes to be equal across the board. This was one of those such acts but it has yet to be given that description. WLM is all over the news as raciest and horrible persons but not one crime has been committed nor has anyone been harmed or freeways shut down etc at the hands of any of us. But yet we are the hate group while police are dying and men and woman are being attacked in the name of antifa BLM BAMN and others. Things are just what they are and people need to recognize that. Instead of putting on blinders and pretending to be on the other side what is sad is when things do go forward and people begin to stand up for themselves those people who made the choice to stand opposing will be used as shields and turned upon. I do not hate anyone hate is a weakness. I feel all should have the right to love who they are and want to protect that it does not mean we all are same or should be. Different is what makes the world go round it needs to stay that way

I agree pretty much. It's just the same old hypocrisy.

Falls under #2, Mickey.

No........it's not. I see it as much more than that. Yours is a myopic view of the situation.

It can only be a hate crime if the killer is white. Get with the program.

Ya...I know....screwy huh?

12573208_1127721417262274_4228605508467068815_n.png

All the more reason for the cops to shot first then ask questions. Chicken or the egg. Keep up the good work black citizens and you will accomplish........what?

Same thing happened in California about a week ago.

Stanislaus County Deputy Killed in Hughson | FOX40

I hadn't heard about this . Just looking at the suspect tells you he's a POS. In both cases, my guess is that the officers, both 20 year veterans, got lax and let their guard down. One of my first lessons on the job was "do not sit in your car and write a ticket or wait for confirmation on anything from dispatch." Stay on your feet, stay alert and expect to be attacked, at any time.

All the more reason for the cops to shot first then ask questions. Chicken or the egg. Keep up the good work black citizens and you will accomplish........what?

:thumbs::thumbs:

The bash against Trump in post #19, is typical, Lefty horse**** !

I hadn't heard about this . Just looking at the suspect tells you he's a POS. In both cases, my guess is that the officers, both 20 year veterans, got lax and let their guard down. One of my first lessons on the job was "do not sit in your car and write a ticket or wait for confirmation on anything from dispatch." Stay on your feet, stay alert and expect to be attacked, at any time.

Absolutely. It sucks that officers have to be on high alert at all times, but that's the reality.
The Hispanic guy that killed the Sheriffs' Deputy in California had a long criminal history. He's a documented gang member, shouldn't be out in society period. But California is becoming increasingly soft on crime again, just like in the 1970s when Jerry Brown was first governor. No history has been learned so CA is doomed to repeat it now.

Police officers should not have to fear attacks like this. Yes there are those bad apple and i feel they should be held to an even higher standard of punishment. But the officers who truely do the job for what it is. I hope people step back and look at all this soon and wake up before more people die. It is truely heartbreaking and all these people if thats what you wann call them support the actions need to be treatedas such as terorist.

Absolutely. It sucks that officers have to be on high alert at all times, but that's the reality.
The Hispanic guy that killed the Sheriffs' Deputy in California had a long criminal history. He's a documented gang member, shouldn't be out in society period. But California is becoming increasingly soft on crime again, just like in the 1970s when Jerry Brown was first governor. No history has been learned so CA is doomed to repeat it now.
California is not soft on crime i live here matter a fact i live in kern county. Which had the highest per capita persons shot by cops. Very corrupt but not soft. California is an absolute mess. Honestly it needs to fall off into the ocean. Cali is not american what so ever. Its sad and over ran by the very kind of persons we are talking about.

Back
Top Bottom