• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rust

OlNate

Shameless Canuck
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Anybody playing Rust?

I think it may be the goldilocks survival pvp game... not as big a time commitment as Ark given how often servers wipe, not as heavy on the survival aspect as DayZ and Scum, and the pve side is chill without being boring. Toxicity is what you'd expect from a survival pvp game, up to you if you let it get to you... ;)

Learning curve is a little steep, and the combat is a little unforgiving, but once you get the hang of it, it really is a great game.

Not me, I like still having what I built last time whenever I log back in. :)

I run a dedicated server for ARK so that it's just me and my personal friends vs. the dinos. It has enough PVE content that it can stand on its own without any PVP at all. Can you do that with Rust too?

Not me, I like still having what I built last time whenever I log back in. :)

I run a dedicated server for ARK so that it's just me and my personal friends vs. the dinos. It has enough PVE content that it can stand on its own without any PVP at all. Can you do that with Rust too?
Yup! PVE Rust servers are pretty fun. A lot of them add a bunch of NPC mods so you still get loads of combat... that's doesn't raid you for revenge... lol Plus a lot of different scenarios... I'd say Rust pve has a longer shelf life than Ark pve. (Don't get me wrong, Ark has a special place in my heart, i have over 9k hours in that game, mostly pvp but some pve too)

I like the pvp side though... caring about losing things makes you try harder, and given that you can play servers that wipe weekly, if things go bad you just have to wait until next wipe to do better. Trying different things to discourage offline raids is part of the fun, at least if you're a builder.

But, yeah, Rust pve is totally a thing and totally worth checking out. That's the great thing about survival combat games, there's so many ways to play them. :)

Anybody playing Rust?

I think it may be the goldilocks survival pvp game... not as big a time commitment as Ark given how often servers wipe, not as heavy on the survival aspect as DayZ and Scum, and the pve side is chill without being boring. Toxicity is what you'd expect from a survival pvp game, up to you if you let it get to you... ;)

Learning curve is a little steep, and the combat is a little unforgiving, but once you get the hang of it, it really is a great game.
Gave it a try when it first came out. A cabal of apparently advanced beta players grouped together griefing newbies. I found myself constantly naked and afraid. It currently sits abandoned in my Steam library.

Gave it a try when it first came out. A cabal of apparently advanced beta players grouped together griefing newbies. I found myself constantly naked and afraid. It currently sits abandoned in my Steam library.

Lmao... yeah, i feel ya.

You should give PVE a try. Usually less pop, and lots of plug ins to add to the pve experience. It's a good way to learn the basics.

Right now I play on a server that is pve with pvp zones. You can farm relaxed and go for pvp when you want to at monuments. If you're interested send me a dm, might be worth dusting that bad boy off and giving it another go. It really is a great game, with a lot of different ways to play.

Back
Top Bottom