• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rush Limbaugh’s Hate Radio Network Home Facing $20 Billion Bankruptcy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Radio in general is dying. Nothing to see here.

I don't think the concept of "talk radio" political shows is dying -- but fewer people are listening via the traditional route (an actual radio). We now have online podcasts, apps, etc. So I'd say radio is dying, but not "talk radio".

I find it interesting when people immediately label speech they don't agree with as "hate". Stop watering down the word.

I find it interesting when people immediately label speech they don't agree with as "hate". Stop watering down the word.

The word isn't just watered down. It is micro filtered, bottled, and sold off ............. under many different false premises by the liberals.

I don't think the concept of "talk radio" political shows is dying -- but fewer people are listening via the traditional route (an actual radio). We now have online podcasts, apps, etc. So I'd say radio is dying, but not "talk radio".

Unfortunately, no, talk radio is not dying.

I would much rather people be informed, but they'd rather listen to the angry man in the box tell them how to feel.

The word isn't just watered down. It is micro filtered, bottled, and sold off ............. under many different false premises by the liberals.

Of course. Everything is "the liberals" fault.

I hear conservatives tell us every day how everything is out to kill us, but the "false premises" are fully the domain of "the liberals."

You listen to too much talk radio.

Of course. Everything is "the liberals" fault.

I hear conservatives tell us every day how everything is out to kill us, but the "false premises" are fully the domain of "the liberals."

You listen to too much talk radio.

AM 790 Norfolk Tony Macrini is my only talk radio, and he is more of a libertarian, if anything.

Last edited:
Ordinarily I am in favor of unlimited political debate and discussion. However, many of Rush Limbaugh's arguments are based on lies that his poorly informed dittoheads believe. Therefore I would be delighted if he would be taken off the air. :)

The drug addict is a hate mongering demagogue. To suggest otherwise is predictable from right wing apologists..

No doubt these pearls were all out of context. :lamo

35 Hateful And Stupid Rush Limbaugh Quotes That Should Anger Everyone

Ok, so Mr. Limbaugh developed an addiction to pain killers - he's human and apparently was man enough to admit his problem and take necessary steps to get better. It's unbelievably ironic that a liberal would fault him for having human flaws.....

Ok, so Mr. Limbaugh developed an addiction to pain killers - he's human and apparently was man enough to admit his problem and take necessary steps to get better. It's unbelievably ironic that a liberal would fault him for having human flaws.....

Only an uninformed conservative would say something so stupid. Limbaugh has given those on the left plenty of legit reasons to show him the type of disrespect he deserves,

Mr. Limbaugh has said the following regarding those very same "human flaws"

"And we have laws against selling drugs, pushing drugs,
using drugs, importing drugs. And the laws are good
because we know what happens to people in societies and
neighborhoods which become consumed by them. And so if
people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought
to be accused and they ought to be convicted and
they ought to be sent up."

"When you strip it all away, Jerry Garcia
(former Grateful Dead guitarist) destroyed his life on
drugs. And yet he's being honored, like some godlike
figure. Our priorities are out of whack, folks."

(well ditto heads? I bet you still love this drug
addicted, law-breaking drug freek. Ever hear of 'just
say no' or how by buying drugs you are supporting
Osama?)"

Funny how Rush himself didn 't get "sent up". Hypocrisy redefined by a right wing nut job himself.

You......... chose ....... an article......... that gets so much...... wrong.

And you ask if that's all I have?[/QUOTE

Please list for us all the items the report got wrong?

With documentation of course...................

Where is your documentation? Quotes from a partisan rant don't count without it.

Only an uninformed conservative would say something so stupid. Limbaugh has given those on the left plenty of legit reasons to show him the type of disrespect he deserves,

Osama?)"

Funny how Rush himself didn 't get "sent up". Hypocrisy redefined by a right wing nut job himself.

A few months earlier, a liberal democrat was labeled as courageous for fighting her drug addiction. All the while, making laws.

Osama?)"

Yep, I agree with his statements. He speaks the truth regarding the dangers of drugs and addiction. Too bad liberals like you refuse to understand human vulnerabilities.

Where is your documentation? Quotes from a partisan rant don't count without it.

Another who knows with no need to read the article........

BTW

The bankruptcy in large measure due to Rush the Lush..........as sponsors dropped him because of his " I hate women.......especially Sandra Fluke" tirade

Yep, I agree with his statements. He speaks the truth regarding the dangers of drugs and addiction. Too bad liberals like you refuse to understand human vulnerabilities.

So you think he should be in jail then? We agree on that.

A few months earlier, a liberal democrat was labeled as courageous for fighting her drug addiction. All the while, making laws.

I'm sure you have some sort of point.

So you think he should be in jail then? We agree on that.

No, I think he is clean and sober now. But at some point if a human being cannot handle it on their own, begins to hurt and rob others then they might need a little cooling off period behind bars.

Ordinarily I am in favor of unlimited political debate and discussion. However, many of Rush Limbaugh's arguments are based on lies that his poorly informed dittoheads believe. Therefore I would be delighted if he would be taken off the air. :)

Since you apparently listen to him more than people here do, can you list some of those lies that you've personally heard him say?
Please don't post another link to someone like RMUSE or PoliticusUSA, okay?

No, I think he is clean and sober now. But at some point if a human being cannot handle it on their own, begins to hurt and rob others then they might need a little cooling off period behind bars.

So which one is it? I'm getting dizzy here. First you say you agree with everything he says. Now you don't.

So which one is it? I'm getting dizzy here. First you say you agree with everything he says. Now you don't.

Clear you mind and go with your heart. No one is perfect, even solid conservatives.

How do you know if he is? Drug addicts are good at lying.

How do you know if he is? Drug addicts are good at lying.

Yes, drug addicts are good at lying but not GREAT at lying. :) He seems pretty clear and sober to me.

Too many whites are getting away with drug use...Too many whites are getting away with drug sales...The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them and send them up the river, too.
The Rush Limbaugh Show (October 5, 1995), quoted in Cerabino, Frank (7 December 2003), "Words of wisdom for Rush: Just hush", The Palm Beach Post

Geez, that took five seconds.

Now he's supposed to get a medal for doing something addicts (liberal AND conservative) do every goddam day?
I'm twenty years clean as a recovering addict, but I didn't get any medals, don't want them either, but I have something Rush will never have, the love of two wonderful kids and the undying love and devotion of a great woman, a strong woman, a beautiful woman, and I didn't have to fly to Thailand to get her either.
I think defending Limbaugh's addiction is the height of comedy because the man made a career out of kicking others when they're down, but I suppose even Rush has to have a knight in shining armor to stick up for him so shine on you crazy diamond. The man is a pathological liar.

Personally I wouldn't PISS on the man if he were on fire.

The Rush Limbaugh Show (October 5, 1995), quoted in Cerabino, Frank (7 December 2003), "Words of wisdom for Rush: Just hush", The Palm Beach Post

Geez, that took five seconds.

Now he's supposed to get a medal for doing something addicts (liberal AND conservative) do every goddam day?
I'm twenty years clean as a recovering addict, but I didn't get any medals, don't want them either, but I have something Rush will never have, the love of two wonderful kids and the undying love and devotion of a great woman, a strong woman, a beautiful woman, and I didn't have to fly to Thailand to get her either.
I think defending Limbaugh's addiction is the height of comedy because the man made a career out of kicking others when they're down, but I suppose even Rush has to have a knight in shining armor to stick up for him so shine on you crazy diamond. The man is a pathological liar.

Personally I wouldn't PISS on the man if he were on fire.

Congratulations for 20 years sober. Sorry you hold so much resent for a fellow recovering addict. Perhaps if you let that go, you might find more happiness. Nevertheless, I have a lot of respect for anyone who "lives one day at a time".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom