• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rupert Murdoch Buys National Geographic

Troubling why?

Because Murdoch is a money grubbing whore who will do anything, sell anything, to get more of it.

National Geographic has a low profit margin per magazine, the people who do what they do for them aren't truly in it for the money, they are in it because they love it.

Murdoch will likely not see things that way. He'll likely start by getting rid of any tenure there, and putting mercenaries in their place. In short, he'll cheapen the experience in order to increase profit margins.

Because Murdoch is a money grubbing whore who will do anything, sell anything, to get more of it.

National Geographic has a low profit margin per magazine, the people who do what they do for them aren't truly in it for the money, they are in it because they love it.

Murdoch will likely not see things that way. He'll likely start by getting rid of any tenure there, and putting mercenaries in their place. In short, he'll cheapen the experience in order to increase profit margins.

Why Geoist, you've changed.

Oh Boy! I can't wait until we read the special segment on "Global Warming and Why The Vast Majority of Scientists are Wrong". :roll:

The only way is down for Nat Geo. All of Murdoch's empire follow his editorial line or else, and he's a climate denier. There goes any Nat Geo objectivity.

Or maybe, just maybe, here comes Nat Geo objectivity in regards to global warming, cooling, or staying the same.

You asked a question in a debate forum. Was it directed at me? No.

But there's no rule stating I can't try to answer it for you.

Of course you can answer it. You did. In the midst of your dramatic post all I could think of was how your avatar is better than Geoist's.

Of course you can answer it. You did. In the midst of your dramatic post all I could think of was how your avatar is better than Geoist's.

You know, I am told that Henry George was QUITE the looker for his day! Personally, I'm not sold on the hair migration look (in which, hair moves south as the years progress), but it works for him, I think...

You know, I am told that Henry George was QUITE the looker for his day! Personally, I'm not sold on the hair migration look (in which, hair moves south as the years progress), but it works for him, I think...

Hot cars are sexy. Henry, not so much. Not a fan of the comb-overs.

Or maybe he'll just have them return to cover photos of topless native women!

Oh Boy! I can't wait until we read the special segment on "Global Warming and Why The Vast Majority of Scientists are Wrong". :roll:

You'll probably have to watch Fox News or read the NY Post for that. Especially since Murdoch's son has made it clear that they have no intention of making any changes at National Geographic. I don't think Murdoch needed another publication, and one that has been bleeding money for years at that, to appeal to the political side of things. He already has plenty of them to occupy him, and he's successful because he isn't stupid.

Too bad Al Gore didn't buy it. I guess all the disasters with Current TV and Al Jazeera rendered him unavailable.

You asked a question in a debate forum. Was it directed at me? No.

But there's no rule stating I can't try to answer it for you.

She is trolling you.

There needs to be a law passed against media monopolies.

My subscription is over in three months....I will read those and decide how this effects the quality. If the scientific value declines I will not renew, after 15 years.

Not sure whether you are being satirical or dumb. I hope the former.

I guess I'll know as this thread progresses.

I haven't seen him make an intelligent post since he got here, so your guess is as good as mine.

it is jewish empire
all worlds media is in jewish hand.

Back
Top Bottom