• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

RNC chair: We're 'going to be in the room' when votes are cast, counted in November

Credence

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Hmm .... I bet they are and hope it is not for nefarious reasons

04/07/24 7:00 AM ET

Republican National Committee (RNC) Chair Michael Whatley said the committee will ensure they are “going to be in the room” when the early votes are cast and counted in the November election.

Whatley said the RNC is going to “ensure” each state has “good rules of the road” and “thousands” of attorneys present when votes are being cast in November to make sure the ballots are “protected” and the integrity of the election is preserved. “We want to make sure that every state has good rules of the road, right,” Whatley said in an interview with radio talk show host John Catsimatidis on WABC 770 AM’s “Cats Roundtable.”

“So we’re working with the legislatures, we’re working with the boards of elections, the Secretaries of States to make sure that the laws, the rules, the regulations, that cover elections are where we need them to be,” he said. The recently elected chair of the RNC said that if those rules, laws and regulations are not where they want them to be, the committee is going to sue.

“And if they’re not, we’re going to sue,” Whatley, who was elected with the backing of former President Trump, said during the interview. He said he has already filed 80 lawsuits in 24 different states to ensure there will be “good, solid” election rules in place.

Read more: https://thehill.com/homenews/campai...room-when-votes-are-cast-counted-in-november/

Yeah, consider the source:

"Whatley was closely involved in President Donald Trump's efforts to overturn the result of the 2020 presidential election, including participating in the December 2020 phone call on which Trump urged Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger to "find" the votes he needed to win the state.[8]"

Link

I also am planning to be in the room when Eric, Lara and Junior ‘cast’ their votes.

Wow, what an interference tactic! And intimidating at that!

I do hope we put a representative in there to watch these assholes.

"Suing after the election didn't work last time, so this time we're going to sue BEFORE the election" ;)
Because the judges in law suits after the election told the Pubs you need to bring your case before the election has passed.

Putin must be coaching them.

Election Vigilantes

Good, and when they lose, you know exactly what they will do, cry "stolen election."

"We don't know how, but we have to come up with 11,937 votes."

Because the judges in law suits after the election told the Pubs you need to bring your case before the election has passed.

No they didn't. There are weeks to bring a case before the result can't be changed, during which time there can be manual recounts or challenges of specific ballots. The reason all the Trump cases failed is that they were WITHOUT MERIT.

Good, and when they lose, you know exactly what they will do, cry "stolen election."

You're underestimating their conspiracy fervor. They're going to cry "stolen election" well before any ballots are cast.

"We don't know how, but we have to come up with 11,937 votes."

Or "we don't know how, but we're going to detect a hundred thousand fake ballots before they've been cast."

It's not just a Trump thing. Republicans have been disenfranchising people by race and income, ever since the Voting Rights act told them they couldn't. They seem to like a challenge.

You're underestimating their conspiracy fervor. They're going to cry "stolen election" well before any ballots are cast.

Or "we don't know how, but we're going to detect a hundred thousand fake ballots before they've been cast."

It's not just a Trump thing. Republicans have been disenfranchising people by race and income, ever since the Voting Rights act told them they couldn't. They seem to like a challenge.
You know, I wish my Charka were a little denser, I could make them scream maybe. You know, it's not pleasant to feel your head fall to the floor, especially if you never had it happen before. Me, I laugh as I'm writing this as my head shrinks to a wraith. I'm piping mad.

Hey, I'm as mad as those who thought their election was stolen. Let's see if I can get madder?

What possesses these people? Do they want to learn? The hard way?

Well, I could crush their little planet, but I'd have to find them.

Now I got them in, my arms and they're praying to me, pleading for a better solution than Biden.

Usually when you go for a fake you figure it out, what's up?

None of them were told that.

Trump’s goons lost because they were peddling a fraud.

Hmm .... I bet they are and hope it is not for nefarious reasons

04/07/24 7:00 AM ET

Republican National Committee (RNC) Chair Michael Whatley said the committee will ensure they are “going to be in the room” when the early votes are cast and counted in the November election.

Whatley said the RNC is going to “ensure” each state has “good rules of the road” and “thousands” of attorneys present when votes are being cast in November to make sure the ballots are “protected” and the integrity of the election is preserved. “We want to make sure that every state has good rules of the road, right,” Whatley said in an interview with radio talk show host John Catsimatidis on WABC 770 AM’s “Cats Roundtable.”

“So we’re working with the legislatures, we’re working with the boards of elections, the Secretaries of States to make sure that the laws, the rules, the regulations, that cover elections are where we need them to be,” he said. The recently elected chair of the RNC said that if those rules, laws and regulations are not where they want them to be, the committee is going to sue.

“And if they’re not, we’re going to sue,” Whatley, who was elected with the backing of former President Trump, said during the interview. He said he has already filed 80 lawsuits in 24 different states to ensure there will be “good, solid” election rules in place.

Read more: https://thehill.com/homenews/campai...room-when-votes-are-cast-counted-in-november/
Sounds good. Integrity of elections is important. However, based on the RNC's recent behavior, this is akin to wolves saying they want to protect the sheep.

That's absurd. That's like calling a TV lawyer before your injury happens.

As long as any RNC operatives in the room stay within the confines of the law, they have all the right in the world to be in the room when votes are cast or counted.

Back
Top Bottom