• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Respect for Men

One thing I'm curious about here ----- why have only men "liked" the OP?

Can't speak for anyone else but I'll answer from my perspective. For much the same reason I wouldn't like a thread where someone suggested you should put your hand over your mouth when coughing or wash your hands before you eat. Tell me something I don't already know or perhaps share something that's new to me, unique or even funny and you may get a like.

I was taught respect from a very young age. It's all pretty basic really and you're certainly not stating anything that I don't already practice.

Last edited:
I'm saying this thread is not about women. How many times does that need to be said to you? If you wish to talk about women and how they are portrayed on TV you should start a thread about it.

Then who is supposed to give respect for men ? Aliens ?

Dont you usually mention what kind of a guy you would want to date in many threads ? you already dont accept them as they are

We all did, A. What YOU did is you read it and immediately jumped to conclusions that weren't presented at all. If the OP said "Tennessee is beautiful in the fall!" you would say "How DARE you insult Connecticut!!!!!11" Do you honestly not see how completely ridiculous you are being here?

I read it. Doesn't change the fact that you made a bunch of false assumptions in the process.

You assumed Josie was saying only men deserved respect. You assumed she thought it was OK to protray women on TV as bimbos and idiots.

I didn't assume- i was asking. I'm trying to understand why there's special respect just for men. I don't have an explanation, i figured the phrasing was intentional, that there was an explanation behind it, and i've been trying to ask about what that is.

I'm asking why men are being singled out. Can't you answer that, or is there genuinely no reason for it ?

Why are you getting mad at me for asking ? You can just say there's no particular reason other than the examples that came to mind happened to all be men. That's not unreasonable, but getting all pissy about being asked "why did you select 'Men'?" after you select men is not my problem.

Dont you usually mention what kind of a guy you would want to date in many threads ? you already dont accept them as they are

Of course I accept them for who they are. I'm not out to change anyone.

I didn't assume- i was asking. I'm trying to understand why there's special respect just for men.

She didn't say there is.

W . . . T . . . F . . . is your problem?

I didn't assume- i was asking. I'm trying to understand why there's special respect just for men. I don't have an explanation, i figured the phrasing was intentional, that there was an explanation behind it, and i've been trying to ask about what that is.

I'm asking why men are being singled out. Can't you answer that, or is there genuinely no reason for it ?

Why are you getting mad at me for asking ? You can just say there's no particular reason other than the examples that came to mind happened to all be men. That's not unreasonable, but getting all pissy about being asked "why did you select 'Men'?" after you select men is not my problem.

You're one of those annoying political correct people that can't stand when men's issues are talked about, aren't you? I bet you also believe that MRA groups have no valid points and men are not being mistreated in any area of society.

The OP implied that there is, and i am trying to clear up that implication.

At this point, you're doing nothing but straight-up trolling.

No one should ever take you seriously, for any reason, ever.

You're one of those annoying political correct people that can't stand when men's issues are talked about, aren't you? I bet you also believe that MRA groups have no valid points and men are not being mistreated in any area of society.

In my opinion, making special exceptions for men facilitates prejudice, hence my inquiry.

I don't know if MRA groups raise valid points, i'm not familiar with them.

I'm sure there are times when specific men are mistreated. However, there seem to be select few cases where men, as a group, are mistreated. One example could be in child custody hearings that are often accused of favoring the mother over the father. But wouldn't that be a "father's rights" issue, not a "men's rights" one ?

In my opinion, making special exceptions for men facilitates prejudice, hence my inquiry.

I don't know if MRA groups raise valid points, i'm not familiar with them.

I'm sure there are times when specific men are mistreated. However, there seem to be select few cases where men, as a group, are mistreated. One example could be in child custody hearings that are often accused of favoring the mother over the father. But wouldn't that be a "father's rights" issue, not a "men's rights" one ?

How are father rights issues not men's rights issues? Last time I checked fathers are men, so it seems clear the two go together.

She also DIDN'T make an exception for men, but desired to talk about the issues facing men. Again, why is it somehow wrong to talk about the issues facing men without also talking about the issues facing women? Is there a reason for this seemingly absurd train of thought that you appear to have?

I'm going to guess that you wouldn't be content with a woman who constantly belittles you, thinks everything you do is stupid, tells her friends how idiotic you are, treats you like a child instead of an adult and thinks every decision you make is horrible..... just for regular blowjobs.

How many blow jobs and how often?

At this point, you're doing nothing but straight-up trolling.

No one should ever take you seriously, for any reason, ever.

Why do you think it's an invalid question- can you explain your reasoning ?

Why do we need special respect that's earmarked for men ?

Why do you think it's an invalid question- can you explain your reasoning ?

Why do we need special respect that's earmarked for men ?

Who said anything about special respect for men? Please quote that post so I can review it, thank you.

How are father rights issues not men's rights issues? Last time I checked fathers are men, so it seems clear the two go together.

She also DIDN'T make an exception for men, but desired to talk about the issues facing men. Again, why is it somehow wrong to talk about the issues facing men without also talking about the issues facing women? Is there a reason for this seemingly absurd train of thought that you appear to have?

It is important to be specific to the group that one actually refers to. All men are primates, but if i called it a "primate's rights" issue, that would be ridiculously imprecise and needlessly so.

I don't see the issues facing men and women to be wholly separate. It seems to me that they are interactive.

It is important to be specific to the group that one actually refers to. All men are primates, but if i called it a "primate's rights" issue, that would be ridiculously imprecise and needlessly so.

I don't see the issues facing men and women to be wholly separate. It seems to me that they are interactive.

So mothers rights aren't woman's rights? That's dumb. Oh and yes, some rights issues facing groups are separate since groups are not all clones of each other. Of course we went over this in the respect for women thread and you didn't get it there either.

tumblr_mocvjuKpZS1svn9hfo1_500.gif

Good Lord, man.

You want to know the reason why Josie singled out men in her OP? I'll tell you why: because the topic of the thread is disrespect of men in modern pop culture. This isn't that hard of a concept to grasp, is it?

Now, does this mean Josie is saying/implying that only men deserve respect, and not women? NO.

Does this mean Josie is saying/implying that it's OK to portray women as dimwits on TV Shows? NO.

Honestly, even assuming that Josie was implying those things based off of what she wrote in the OP makes absolutely no sense to me. It seems to me like your real intention was just to pick a fight, rather than to have a genuine discussion.

Who said anything about special respect for men? Please quote that post so I can review it, thank you.

The thread title implies it. I am simply asking for clarification.

So mothers rights aren't woman's rights? That's dumb. Oh and yes, some rights issues facing groups are separate since groups are not all clones of each other. Of course we went over this in the respect for women thread and you didn't get it there either.

That's not my claim, at all. In fact, you could argue that father's rights is included under the umbrella of primate's rights. It would still be deliberately misleading and imprecise to refer to "primate's rights" when the meaningful reference is "father's rights."

tumblr_mocvjuKpZS1svn9hfo1_500.gif

Good Lord, man.

You want to know the reason why Josie singled out men in her OP? I'll tell you why: because the topic of the thread is disrespect of men in modern pop culture. This isn't that hard of a concept to grasp, is it?

And yet there are a vast myriad of stereotypes and archetypes portrayed in media. Why should we limit the concern to "of men" ? Is there any reason ? There are negative stereotypes in the media of both genders, and of genders in between.

Why is the solution, of treating individuals as individuals, unique to men ...? I don't think it is.

Now, does this mean Josie is saying/implying that only men deserve respect, and not women? NO.

When she's talking specifically about men, i expect that it only applies to men, specifically. That is how language works. It is not unreasonable for me to confirm (as i suspected) that the same basic respects also apply to women. I see no reason to react to such clarification with hostility.

Does this mean Josie is saying/implying that it's OK to portray women as dimwits on TV Shows? NO.

Honestly, even assuming that Josie was implying those things based off of what she wrote in the OP makes absolutely no sense to me. It seems to me like your real intention was just to pick a fight, rather than to have a genuine discussion.

Honestly, i don't know where you get this "pick a fight" garbage from. It is ironic for you to try to scold me for dragging this off topic by asking about women, only for you to then keep trying to drag this topic into my personal motives.

Back
Top Bottom