• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Republican Disarray Causes Democrat Disarry

Meathead

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
The liberal media, left-wing blogosphere and Obama's re-election gang have had to switch mudslinging gears so many times that you can't help but think of The Boy who Cried Wolf! Remember Bachman, Palin, Cain,and Newt? Lo and behold, now they have to switch to Santorum (Romney and Paul have been pretty much constants). However, maybe it doesn't matter because they are all inevitably radical wingnuts so you have a sort of default one-size-fits-all.:roll:

The liberal media, left-wing blogosphere and Obama's re-election gang have had to switch mudslinging gears so many times that you can't help but think of The Boy who Cried Wolf! Remember Bachman, Palin, Cain,and Newt? Lo and behold, now they have to switch to Santorum (Romney and Paul have been pretty much constants). However, maybe it doesn't matter because they are all inevitably radical wingnuts so you have a sort of default one-size-fits-all.:roll:

Yeah, because conservative media and right-wing radio never talk about the negatives of any politician with a D next to their name just because they had a D next to their name.

I think the Republicans have learned a lesson.

During the '08 campaign, the Democrat's chief tactic was to smear and lie about their opponent and their secondary tactic was to make general, feel-good promises. This was quite effective and resulted in a no-name, silver-tongued candidate being elected. Now, smearing and lying is all they have left because they can't run on their record and the people won't believe any more promises.

So, the Republicans...knowing that the smearing and lying will be coming...have thrown up a number of targets to keep Democrats busy while Romney glides by mostly under the radar.

For sure, when Romney is nominated, the Democrats will shift into high gear and attack him. But most of the issues that the Democrats can use against him have already been put out there and Romney has dealt with them. All he needs to do is stick to issues and the Democrats will be at a disadvantage. I think the Democrats understand this and that's why Obama is spending most of his time advancing his class-division rhetoric. Whether the people will accept this is not certain yet.

For those of us who are not beholden to either the Republicans or the Democrats, this election season promises to be most entertaining.

Last edited:
I think the Republicans have learned a lesson.

During the '08 campaign, the Democrat's chief tactic was to smear and lie about their opponent and their secondary tactic was to make general, feel-good promises.

You mean like how conservative media called Obama a Muslim and the Anti-Christ and then how Sarah Palin called her supporters "Real Americans"?

You mean like how conservative media called Obama a Muslim and the Anti-Christ and then how Sarah Palin called her supporters "Real Americans"?

I don't recall "conservative media" calling Obama a Muslim and the anti-christ... I recalling hearing that from some wing nuts, but I never heard it declared on Fox News.

I do, however, remember an edited interview with Palin, an expose on McCain purportedly being on death's door step, and the conflation that Palin would be "literally, one heartbeat away from the Presidency."

By the way, how is Biden working out?

Please document the msm calling Obama the "anti Christ".... You're full of it Sam.

J-mac

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Mycroft is right. The Dems are pretty much bankrupt when it comes to extolling Obama's successes and are reduced to class warfare and of course trying to paint the array of Rep frontrunners as extremists. I mean a Nobel Peace Prize solely for not being Bush while continuing much of Bush's foreign policy as his only significant success only goes so far.

What I was trying to point out is that now they have to go after Santorum while still keeping an eye on Romney. They must be getting exhausted and well aware of their tedium.:mrgreen:

Actually, I was referring more to those campaigning for political office...like Congress or, in the case of this thread, the Presidency. That's where the Democrats shine with their lie and smear tactics.

While the media states that the GOP is going to have a hard time defeating Obama, what I read and hear daily about one plant closing or another, I think the economy is going to defeat Obama. A logical thinking person can't believe anything other than the simple fact that busines create jobs. The government "hires", but i has to come from tax revenue, of which we have (truthfully), none to give. People hav to work to pay taxes and it takes business to create the jobs, so Obama is now on the toughest uphill battle of his life. Were he truly smart, he would drop out now and the DNC would find a moderately conservative person to run who would promote business...but we all know that the DNC can't admit a mistake and Obama has been their mistake from day one. Had they stuck with Hillary instead of Obama, she would have utilized her husband to put up more smoke screens to hide the truth about the economy and she would beat whomever the GOP ran in 2012. Too bad Obama!

While the media states that the GOP is going to have a hard time defeating Obama, what I read and hear daily about one plant closing or another, I think the economy is going to defeat Obama. A logical thinking person can't believe anything other than the simple fact that busines create jobs. The government "hires", but i has to come from tax revenue, of which we have (truthfully), none to give. People hav to work to pay taxes and it takes business to create the jobs, so Obama is now on the toughest uphill battle of his life. Were he truly smart, he would drop out now and the DNC would find a moderately conservative person to run who would promote business...but we all know that the DNC can't admit a mistake and Obama has been their mistake from day one. Had they stuck with Hillary instead of Obama, she would have utilized her husband to put up more smoke screens to hide the truth about the economy and she would beat whomever the GOP ran in 2012. Too bad Obama!

While I agree with you, I have learned not to depend on the American Sheeple to think logically. Because of this, I will always expect Obama to get elected for another term.

While I agree with you, I have learned not to depend on the American Sheeple to think logically. Because of this, I will always expect Obama to get elected for another term.

To borrow from Obama, I have "Hope" that we will "Change" back to our former greatness.

the Democrat's chief tactic was to smear and lie about their opponent

Care to cite some examples?

I do recall some baseless attacks by some people associated with Hillary Clinton against the president.

But I do not recall the Obama campaign lying about either Sarah Palin or John McCain. It wasn't necessary.

I don't recall "conservative media" calling Obama a Muslim and the anti-christ... I recalling hearing that from some wing nuts, but I never heard it declared on Fox News.

I do, however, remember an edited interview with Palin, an expose on McCain purportedly being on death's door step, and the conflation that Palin would be "literally, one heartbeat away from the Presidency."

By the way, how is Biden working out?

Really? You don't recall the false stories on Fox News about Obama allegedly attending a madrassa in Pakistan?

No no guys I swear, MY side of the political aisle NEVER uses dishonest smear tactics in politics!!

No, Fox Noise just pointed the camera at them while they said it. And a number of them, notably Michelle Bachman and Sarah Palin were on the payroll.

Why would liberals attack a fellow liberal like Mitt Romney?

Care to cite some examples?

I do recall some baseless attacks by some people associated with Hillary Clinton against the president.

But I do not recall the Obama campaign lying about either Sarah Palin or John McCain. It wasn't necessary.

Example:

Bush = Bad

McCain = Bush

McCain = Bad

This was the lie that worked. Bush was not bad, McCain was nothing like Bush...therefore McCain is not bad. But the Sheeple bought the lie and Obama got elected.

No no guys I swear, MY side of the political aisle NEVER uses dishonest smear tactics in politics!!

what did you say rahm?

From its beginning the Left has been framing the Tea Party as racist. For the last number of months the left has tried to hang the racist label on every GOP candidate that has risen into the spotlight: Perry, Paul, Gingrich, Santorum, etc.

As time goes on it tends to become more and more cartoonish. But not really expecting it to stop anytime soon....

what I read and hear daily about one plant closing or another, I think the economy is going to defeat Obama

That's possible.

but why would people vote for the party that created the conditions that caused the crash then promptly turned around and fought every real attempt to do anything about it?

If Obama has failed in any way, it's because the GOP stood in his way. No other reason.

Those are no examples of anything.

Besides. George W Bush was possibly the worst president this country has ever had. That isn't a smear. It's pretty easy to build a strong case for it with facts.

Not all tea partiers are racists.

Still, there is solid research that suggests that racial resentment is far more prevalant in the tea party than it is in the population as a whole.

WISER :: Multi-state survey of Race & Politics

Not that this matters. The tea party is a fraud, and it's already headed toward the dust bin of history. There may be a surge on the far right this year. But the tea party's most influential days are far behind it. The GOP never cared about tea party values or the people who identified with the so called movement.

The tea party was nothing more than a branding exercise to get people to vote for Republicans in the 2010 congressional elections. Once that was done, the movement began to wither. But summer, people in their tens were showing up at tea party rallies and the money had dried up. And the tea party caucus that did get elected nearly caused the US to default.

No, that's a sad episode in US political history that is fading as we speak.

Still, there is solid research that suggests that racial resentment is far more prevalant in the tea party than it is in the population as a whole.

Not that this matters. The tea party is a fraud, and it's already headed toward the dust bin of history. There may be a surge on the far right this year. But the tea party's most influential days are far behind it. The GOP never cared about tea party values or the people who identified with the so called movement.

The tea party was nothing more than a branding exercise to get people to vote for Republicans in the 2010 congressional elections. Once that was done, the movement began to wither. But summer, people in their tens were showing up at tea party rallies and the money had dried up. And the tea party caucus that did get elected nearly caused the US to default.

Guess we will just have to wait and see what (if any) impact the Tea Party has in the 2012 election cycle, eh....??

Those are no examples of anything.

Besides. George W Bush was possibly the worst president this country has ever had. That isn't a smear. It's pretty easy to build a strong case for it with facts.

LOL!!

Until now, the worst President we've had was Carter...but Obama has made the peanut farmer look like a possible Mensa member. Bush was MUCH better than Carter.

But the Democrat's very effective lie was that McCain was just like Bush. Nothing could be further from the truth...but the Sheeple bought it. And here we are.

I suspect you'll be hearing a LOT more from the Tea Part come spring. They will be quite effective this election season.

Back
Top Bottom